STV HD not clearing

I've been having freezing get issues for a while now on stv which is now a lot worse.
Is there a fix as it's driving me mad

you assume correctly, is there a normal itv you can watch for the time being?
I don't get itv in HD in my region and neither does anyone else in the uk as far as i'm aware, i get ITV HD but not ITV Yorkshire HD
The fact that it's called 'STV' is irrelevant, it's ITV

Yes you assumed correctly, fife scotland. The only purpose of stv is you get the Scottish news. Everything else is the same as ITV. I cant even change the area code to an English area it wont scan. Why does it come down to line provider. The problem seems to get worse from tea time onwards. It's a strange one. Update managed to scan for Preston but none of the ITV channels work at all

Do people only have cable tuner boxes or if they have a combo do they use the sat side or worth considering?

Yes you assumed correctly, fife scotland. The only purpose of stv is you get the Scottish news. Everything else is the same as ITV.

not true.
STV has many opt-outs, you probably just don't notice them because you can't see what is on in the other regions.

The fact that it's called 'STV' is irrelevant, it's ITV

you couldn't be more wrong
STV owns the "Channel 3" franchise for 2 regions in scotland (borders franchise isn't owned by STV), it's a separate company and isn't ITV in any way.
so it being called STV is totally rellevant, and it's NOT ITV.

your ignorance is showing thru in abundance.

you couldn't be more wrong
STV owns the "Channel 3" franchise for 2 regions in scotland (borders franchise isn't owned by STV), it's a separate company and isn't ITV in any way.
so it being called STV is totally rellevant, and it's NOT ITV.

your ignorance is showing thru in abundance.
True, its the same with UTV, its the same as ITV with most of the content, but there are a lot of regional programmes on that mainstream ITV dont show.

True, its the same with UTV, its the same as ITV with most of the content, but there are a lot of regional programmes on that mainstream ITV dont show.

although UTV is now owned by ITV plc. STV is the only independant franchise holder left.

I work around it by pressing red button on TV guide to show all channels and scroll to Old Stv HD and I get it that way. I don’t think it’s anything to do with line provider. My mate in Glasgow gets it with no issues and I’m in Dundee we both have the same provider. His works mine doesn’t. Not sure how it will be fixed I can add old one to my bouquet but it deletes it when it scans again daily.

Looks like the tuner on the H5.2TC is better than the one on the H7C
You may need a signal booster

Back