STV HD not clearing

Good news for those of us in Scotland who recently lost the STV HD 103 channel it has returned this morning, you may have to do a scan:)

i should ask though.
is it back because ABM has fiddled to make the "old STV HD" appear in 103? or has the issue that stopped it clearing been resolved?

i should ask though.
is it back because ABM has fiddled to make the "old STV HD" appear in 103? or has the issue that stopped it clearing been resolved?

I'm honestly not sure, but the channel was due to be moved by VM on 5th Feb @ 6am I personally don't think it was moved until today, exactly a week later and noticed Media blog still had the info .... move soon in place of the original stated 5th Feb move date.

Last updated February 07th 2019:

Keep up to date with the latest CONFIRMED news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV network.

STV (Soon).
Virgin Media UK to close STV on Virgin UK Channel 103 today at 5.59am (Scotland only).
STV HD (Soon).
Virgin Media UK to move STV HD from Virgin UK Channel 113 to Virgin UK Channel 103 today at 6am (Scotland only).

ok still not working correctly for me.
updated AMB config files, deleteted bouquets, rescanned.
typing 103 results in nothing happening (doesn't zap to channel).
manually selecting STV HD 103 from the EPG results in black screen.

viewing ALL channels i have 4 x STV HD, 3 are black 1 works

Service
Name: STV HD Provider: Virgin Media Namespace: 4294901760 (ffff0000)
Video Width: 1920 Video Height: 1080 Video Wide: True
Encrypted: 1 Dolby: True Subservices: False
Teletext: 1851 Recording Status: False Pmtpid: 50 (0032)
Apid: 1831 (0727) Vpid: 1809 (0711) Pcrpid: 1809 (0711)
Tsid: 102 (0066) Onid: 61472 (f020) Sid: 10218 (27ea)
Sref: 1_0_19_27EA_66_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 1:0:19:27EA:66:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: DVB-C

i also now have 3 x Old STV HD, of which 2 are dark and 1 works.

Service
Name: Old STV HD Provider: Virgin Media Namespace: 4294901760 (ffff0000)
Video Width: 1920 Video Height: 1080 Video Wide: True
Encrypted: 1 Dolby: True Subservices: False
Teletext: 151 Recording Status: False Pmtpid: 32 (0020)
Apid: 131 (0083) Vpid: 109 (006d) Pcrpid: 109 (006d)
Tsid: 104 (0068) Onid: 61472 (f020) Sid: 10401 (28a1)
Sref: 1_0_19_28A1_68_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 1:0:19:28A1:68:F020:FFFF0000:0:0:0: DVB-C

Try pressing TV button to refresh list or restart gui.

What do oscam logs say when choosing 103? I'm not good with oscam logs but others maybe able to help.

i don't use oscam so couldn't tell you.

edit - a full reboot has resulted in the channel now working correctly on 103.
not sure why a reboot was needed.

don't know if anyone else has noticed, but STV SD on 113 has disappeared for me today.
not sure if that's on purpose, or another quirk of whatever changes are being made virgins end.

no sign of it in the all channels list either as "STV", but there is an "Old STV CentWest", "Old STV CentEast" and "Old STV NrthDndee"
there are now 6 versions of "STV HD", and one "STV AD".

wonder when they will get round to removing STV2 (seeing as it's been dead for god knows how long). i guess That's TV Scotland has no plans to launch on cable or satellite (freeview only it seems).

don't know if anyone else has noticed, but STV SD on 113 has disappeared for me today.
not sure if that's on purpose, or another quirk of whatever changes are being made virgins end.

no sign of it in the all channels list either as "STV", but there is an "Old STV CentWest", "Old STV CentEast" and "Old STV NrthDndee"
there are now 6 versions of "STV HD", and one "STV AD".

wonder when they will get round to removing STV2 (seeing as it's been dead for god knows how long). i guess That's TV Scotland has no plans to launch on cable or satellite (freeview only it seems).

see previous post for STV info

I'm honestly not sure, but the channel was due to be moved by VM on 5th Feb @ 6am I personally don't think it was moved until today, exactly a week later and noticed Media blog still had the info .... move soon in place of the original stated 5th Feb move date.

Last updated February 07th 2019:

Keep up to date with the latest CONFIRMED news on upcoming channel launches and other important events across all platforms of Virgin UK and N. Ireland TV network.

STV (Soon).
Virgin Media UK to close STV on Virgin UK Channel 103 today at 5.59am (Scotland only).
STV HD (Soon).
Virgin Media UK to move STV HD from Virgin UK Channel 113 to Virgin UK Channel 103 today at 6am (Scotland only).

interesting decision to make, but i guess now that all virgin boxes are HD then there is no need for it.
however, that does now mean that STV HD must be subscription free so that virgin comply with their legal obligation to provide channels 1-5 ?

well i just checked and STV HD is still encrypted, so it seems Virgin are now breaking the law in regards to their obligation to provide channels 1-5 for free.

Are you sure that they are legally obliged to broadcast Channels 1-5? I was of the understanding that they are obliged to broadcast the following:

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV 1
Channel 4
Channel 5

Please correct me if I am wrong.

How have you checked if it is FTA?

those are channels 1-5 though, unless you are saying that the HD versions are not included in that obligation even when the SD version no longer exists?
(also remember that ITV1 doesn't "exist" in scotland, it's only STV)

i checked it by turning on/disabling the softcam, and the second i did that the channel froze. re-enabling softcam the channel un-froze.

They aren't even 1-5 on virgin or sky are they? They are 101-105, excluding all the complications of simulcast regional differences. 1-5 in your region may not be what the law stipulates.

unless you are saying that the HD versions are not included in that obligation even when the SD version no longer exists?
I said the opposite. Where they have ceased to broadcast the SD version of BBC2, BBC2 HD is free to air. Although they have yet to update the encryption flag. Not that they are going to either as their transmission tables do not have to comply with any dvb standards. Only their equipment is meant to be connected to their network.

when we say channel 1-5 we mean BBC1, BBC2, ITV/STV, CH4 and CH5.
historically they get called channel 1 thru to 5 (i am not referring to EPG numbers).

we still have a BBC2 SD here (BBC Two Scotland).

all i can say is that STV HD is encrypted, as it froze when the softcam was disabled.

and more SD removals happening

From Tuesday 19th February:

BBC4 HD moves from 163 to 107
BBC News HD moves from 604 to 601
CBBC HD moves from 710 to 701
CBeebies HD moves from 711 to 702.

Are you sure that they are legally obliged to broadcast Channels 1-5? I was of the understanding that they are obliged to broadcast the following:

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV 1
Channel 4
Channel 5

Please correct me if I am wrong.

How have you checked if it is FTA?

yes i think so but …. also wasn't that the agreement years ago for analogue channels when they first rolled out cable?
maybe changed now digital platform?

Back