Taking the knee??

Maybe they should go down on 1 knee for black lives matter , on the other knee for white lives matter , put a had down for Asian lives matter , put another hand down for world Hunger , fall on the there stomachs for abused woman , flip on to their backs for the LGBTQ community and do the dieing flying (youngsters google tiswas) just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Just read this whole thread from start to finish and you'll see why still taking the knee (hate that phrase) is causing nothing but aggro on here and in society in general
only for the narrow minded, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter to anybody here if a footballer has decided to kneel or not.

only for the narrow minded, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter to anybody here if a footballer has decided to kneel or not.

That's the kind of condescending attitude that causes the aggro. Take a look through the thread and you'll see it clearly does matter to a lot of people.

you will never unite people by taking the knee, it will always split opinion.

BLM organsiation should be banned, organisnng protests in covid times was wrong and the organisors should have been arrested for it, vandalising statues that represent the history of this country, good or bad history, is still vandalism. You can't change history so wtf are people trying so hard to do so. Change the future, educate people.

Racism does exist in this country far more than some on this thread want admit, more so from older generation to be honest, but when you call them up for calling someone s___ty, p__ky or bl__ky they say it's not racists, it's what they are, sorry it is racist,

This thread will go on and on, round and round in circles, joe bloggs thinks one thing, fred smith another and they will repeatedly post their same opinions time and time again.

This thread will go on and on, round and round in circles, joe bloggs thinks one thing, fred smith another and they will repeatedly post their same opinions time and time again.

That's the kind of condescending attitude that causes the aggro. Take a look through the thread and you'll see it clearly does matter to a lot of people.
Only because for some reason it gets to some people. I don’t really care what the footballers do they are their own people and can support whatever the hell they want.

Footballers and celebs will support the latest popular thing. It will get people to there social media pages where they earn even more money.
You are probably right, same reason Scotland will bend the knee on Friday. I don’t think there was this much chatter here when England played Bulgaria in the qualifiers. But yeah the same players who were booed and had monkey chants when they had the ball taking the knee has caused such a stir. It’s Pathetic really.

I think if I was to start a party called white lives matter I may be called racist.

It's a game of football where most people go to enjoy themselves. It is not a poltical soapbox where footballers can support the latest thing.

Just read this whole thread from start to finish and you'll see why still taking the knee (hate that phrase) is causing nothing but aggro on here and in society in general
That's why I think it was a bad idea doing this thread.

Was always gona lead to division and back and forth between everyone.

Was not my intention, to cause any division or arguments,my local football league club has said it would not be taking the knee and i wondered what peoples opinion on this matter was, if a mod would like to close the thread or even remove it then happy days

People in the public eye such as sportsmen, musicians, actors etc will often use their platform to publicise political issues they feel strongly about.

Examples

Five things Sir Alex Ferguson said about the Tories

Stormzy gets Glastonbury crowd to shout 'F**k Boris' live on the BBC

The taking of the knee actually originates from a sporting event

U.S. national anthem protests (2016–present) - Wikipedia
It dose not matter where the taking of the knee originally came from. It has what it is associated with at the moment which is BLM.

but you still posted on it numerous times even though you thought it was a bad idea?

Debate about things is healthy, as long as everyone agrees with me LOL

Ye was giving my opinion on it but I had a feeling it would result in such disention which it has.

Understand its a debate but not if it gets slightly out of hand.

But anyway said my own views personally anyway. Dont want to keep going over the same points as its not going to lead to anywhere different.

Last edited:
Was not my intention, to cause any division or arguments,my local football league club has said it would not be taking the knee and i wondered what peoples opinion on this matter was, if a mod would like to close the thread or even remove it then happy days
I think it's been fairly respectful debate?

We shouldn't need to cancel something every time people have differing opinions. I have my opinion but I respect those that are different. I always welcome people challenging my views if they can back it up with reasoning and data.

I'm not sure at what point this country went all Sith and started dealing in only absolutes. We can disagree and all be friends. People need to learn to listen to differing opinions and they might learn something!

Back