Taking the knee??

Nor did the toppling of Sadaam’s statue…
I take it that you would be happy to see the pyramids pulled down then?
Maybe have the road network dug up that was built by slave labour and travel across country on horseback? (or would the horse be classed as a slave?)
Slavery happened all over the world including black people enslaving other black people and then selling them on to the americans and europeans.
You can't wipe slavery from history. It happened and is still happening today.

I'm not sure if your denying the knee isinked to the blm or not.

Say to someone
Swatzstika

Id have a guess very few would say religious symbol.

Similar taking the knee is still worldwide for when you drop something And for a knighthood

Its when and how it's used determines its meaning
BLM = taking the knee
Are you denying taking the knee has no link with blm ? I don't get your reply unless your just stating a fact what kneeling means worldwide or you deny the knee stands for blm yes or no.
Opinions m8 and fact are totally totally different

Read my post. I was referring to the Swatzstika as a symbol used for religious people despite it being synonymous with nazis.

The knee gesture has come from BLM don't think anyone has denied it. So don't know what you are going on about.

Foreign Office warns England fans to expect racist attacks in Poland and Ukraine

Read the above, the UK Foreign Office warned England fans of colour not to travel Poland or Ukraine.

So before anyone has an issue with some kneeling down for a few seconds to use their platform to make a statement, just ask yourself if you've ever been in the above situation...

With respect, have you read any of the posts in the previous 3-4 pages?

Nobody's disputing racism exists. The issue is with the gesture of taking the knee being synonymous with a variety of other political messages.

Maybe have the road network dug up that was built by slave labour and travel across country on horseback? (or would the horse be classed as a slave?)
Slavery happened all over the world including black people enslaving other black people and then selling them on to the americans and europeans.
It is called Amazon employees

It was something that happend 100's of years ago. when times were very different from today. The whole point of history is to learn from it. It is not as if the statue was promoting the slave trade.

Slavery goes back even further than hundreds of years ago.
I liked Dr Bill Warner's short video on "Slavery the whole story" and after listening to this makes me wonder why our media & politicians
just want to focus on the slavery involving 'white people'

I liked how Dr Warner sums it up by saying "the half story of slavery divides us, but the whole story unites us in a common suffering
our ancesters of all races were involved in the slave business either by being enslaved or holding slaves slavery is a part
of human history now"

With respect, have you read any of the posts in the previous 3-4 pages?

Yes. If you’ve read them you’ll see I’ve posted there too.

Did I ever say that?

History has a dark side. The present world has a dark side. The future will have a dark side too…

A lot of people are confusing BLM with racism , it's not the same thing,
BLM is a political movement, and a radical one at that, it's evil,
Racism is wrong , no one is denying that, but it's not what BLM is about, they just use it as an excuse.
The other "fact" people are confusing is linking slavery to black people, there were many white slaves too, and with black masters.
White people enslaved black people, and white people,
Black people enslaved black people and white people.
None of them cared what colour the slaves were, only their monetary worth.
So, let's all stop confusing slavery with black people, and the BLM with racism, this is the agenda BLM want you to believe, and it seems there are a lot of sheep out there that believe them
The nazi salute started off as an innocent greeting, look how that turned out,?
BLM taking a knee is going the same way.
The swastika,?
The Nazis were obsessed with the occult and used all forms of ancient images and runes, jeez, they even experimented with alchemy, bunch of lunatics, the similarities to BLM are staggering, the way they manipulate people into blindly following all their wild statements.

A lot of people are confusing BLM with racism , it's not the same thing,
BLM is a political movement, and a radical one at that, it's evil,
Racism is wrong , no one is denying that, but it's not what BLM is about, they just use it as an excuse.
The other "fact" people are confusing is linking slavery to black people, there were many white slaves too, and with black masters.
White people enslaved black people, and white people,
Black people enslaved black people and white people.
None of them cared what colour the slaves were, only their monetary worth.
So, let's all stop confusing slavery with black people, and the BLM with racism, this is the agenda BLM want you to believe, and it seems there are a lot of sheep out there that believe them
The nazi salute started off as an innocent greeting, look how that turned out,?
BLM taking a knee is going the same way.
The swastika,?
The Nazis were obsessed with the occult and used all forms of ancient images and runes, jeez, they even experimented with alchemy, bunch of lunatics, the similarities to BLM are staggering, the way they manipulate people into blindly following all their wild statements.

You're right, but are footballers supporting the organisation or the cause?

As far as I know it is the latter. Maybe they should just adopt a new symbol to avoid all confusion.

Personally think no matter the gesuture, walking of the pitch, and any other campaign you will not get rid of racism.

Its too entrenched in society.

Even banning fans for life will just make them even more abusive be it in society or social media.

So I honestly cant see there being a solution to this evil cancer that is racism.

Racism is terrible however, it also goes on between various ethnic minorities just as much.

Unfortunately it is one of those things that is going to linger on in society.

"If black people didn't post on social media, they wouldn't receive racist abuse"

is that the logic?

Mmmkay
I have never mentioned black in my posts I said footballers, you have changed my wording. ALL footballers shouldn't post on social media where the public have the option to reply very very simple, yawn.

Racism is terrible however, it also goes on between various ethnic minorities just as much.

Unfortunately it is one of those things that is going to linger on in society.

No one said it didnt.

Racism affects all races despite what some I know myself may think.

Did I ever say that?
No, you said:
What's wrong with taking down a statue of someone who made a living by buying and selling black people?
I'm not sure which statue you're referring to but if it's at a university it smacks of hypocrisy to me.
They're quite happy to be educated in a place partly built on the proceeds of slavery but they don't want to be reminded of it.

Most people who have statues erected to them have benefited the community or country in some way.

Personally think no matter the gesuture, walking of the pitch, and any other campaign you will not get rid of racism.

Its too entrenched in society.

Oh dear, that sounds a bit of a damming statement. A bit disturbing IMO,. You think racism is "entrenched in society".
I don't know which part of the world you live, but I can honestly say that hasn't been my experience
living in my part of Scotland. The only clear example of racism I've seen is the discrimination
shown by my local police department advertising a job only for those belonging to an ethnic
minority, (it was written in b&W) but amongst all the people I've ever known, I've never heard
of discrimination on the grounds of race.

Oh dear, that sounds a bit of a damming statement. A bit disturbing IMO,. You think racism is "entrenched in society".
I don't know which part of the world you live, but I can honestly say that hasn't been my experience
living in my part of Scotland. The only clear example of racism I've seen is the discrimination
shown by my local police department advertising a job only for those belonging to an ethnic
minority, (it was written in b&W) but amongst all the people I've ever known, I've never heard
of discrimination on the grounds of race.
I wasn't stating as such here in the UK but broadly speaking generally that around the world racism is entrenched in society.

Some places are more worse than others.

Read my post. I was referring to the Swatzstika as a symbol used for religious people despite it being synonymous with nazis.

The knee gesture has come from BLM don't think anyone has denied it. So don't know what you are going on about.
right you've cleared your post up , agree, agree

This is what one of the downfalls of globalisation. They have a tragic incident in the USA and somehow a lot of people think it reflects what happens here too.

The mass protests during covid times when it was at its peak is what really peeved me off. It wasn't warranted at such dangerous times.

There is always a way to make a statement to show your anger etc but not during a damn pandemic.

Back