The IPTV Price War

pupuqiop

TK Supporter
With the coronavirus panic I'm seeing good full iptv subs with vod available for as little as £20 per year. Do you think this is a fair reaction to the seemingly indefinite removal of top level sports from our screens?

Will you renew your subs if they expire during this period? Showing support for your providers so they're still going when it all gets back to normal?

I and several people I know haven't even switched the iptv devices on this weekend.

But that still dosnt mean iptv is directly affected it is a big draw but people will still renew ect as still cheaper than sly and bm bt just because of what's happened cant be heplped lol but good thread

But that still dosnt mean iptv is directly affected it is a big draw but people will still renew ect as still cheaper than sly and bm bt just because of what's happened cant be heplped lol but good thread

On the request thread here many people specify "must have 3pm kick offs" as part of their requirements. As I said, myself and others haven't watched iptv all weekend without top level sport being on.

Why are you so sure people will renew something they're not using?

It is but the costs to keep all uk and other channels running doesn't make sense, how are they going to pay for them? Unless they use cheaper sources

I'd say a lot of people won't watch the other stuff - sure it's nice to flick the box over to a film when the footie is finished, but that can be downloaded for free from other, free, sources relatively easily.

On the request thread here many people specify "must have 3pm kick offs" as part of their requirements. As I said, myself and others haven't watched iptv all weekend without top level sport being on.

Why are you so sure people will renew something they're not using?
I've just renewed mine as I've said still cheaper than sly ect are people still renewing on Cs with cable cause no sports answer yes and why cheaper all round
It is but the costs to keep all uk and other channels running doesn't make sense, how are they going to pay for them? Unless they use cheaper sources
Some providers have kind of contracts with source suppliers lol

I've just renewed mine as I've said still cheaper than sly ect are people still renewing on Cs with cable cause no sports answer yes and why cheaper all round

That's a good point Baz... anyone with an enigma device might well just go back to CS and the low prices there rather than run an iptv sub with drastically reduced content.

That's a good point Baz... anyone with an enigma device might well just go back to CS and the low prices there rather than run an iptv sub with drastically reduced content.

I never realised there was a price war going on, how much would you think a fair reflection of a years subscription would be for iptv services?

Cant see the current situation with coronavirus having much of an impact on iptv or any other form of cs subs etc like bazcfc1 has mentioned 99% of people going down this route are here to save money and a lot of people dont realise just how much a year it costs to watch all sports channels movie channels and ppv events etc its frightening when you work out the costs at end of year

how much would you think a fair reflection of a years subscription would be for iptv services?

A fair price for who, the iptv provider or my pocket?

As with anything, prices are driven by supply and demand. Competition is often good as it strips a products price down to the bare minimum so you can see what the actual cost of supplying it is. £30-£35 a year seems to be the average cost of a good iptv sub with some avaliable as low as £20, so I'd say £30-£35 a year is fair for the customer and provider.

What would you say is a fair price?

Cant see the current situation with coronavirus having much of an impact on iptv or any other form of cs subs etc like bazcfc1 has mentioned 99% of people going down this route are here to save money and a lot of people dont realise just how much a year it costs to watch all sports channels movie channels and ppv events etc its frightening when you work out the costs at end of year

A little example of legit sky/ bt broadband £60 a month and Sky tv package without bt sports at £67, this is for people moving into new developments but I think bt still have the monoply on first installs but that may have changed

A fair price for who, the iptv provider or my pocket?

As with anything, prices are driven by supply and demand. Competition is often good as it strips a products price down to the bare minimum so you can see what the actual cost of supplying it is. £30-£35 a year seems to be the average cost of a good iptv sub with some avaliable as low as £20, so I'd say £30-£35 a year is fair for the customer and provider.

What would you say is a fair price?

I can say that I pay more than £35 for 6 months never mind the year but then you get what you pay for

A little example of legit sky/ bt broadband £60 a month and Sky tv package without bt sports at £67, this is for people moving into new developments but I think bt still have the monoply on first installs but that may have changed

I know that. Everyone does. What point are you making?

I can say that I pay more than £35 for 6 months never mind the year but then you get what you pay for

How do you know you're getting anything that a £35 a year sub doesn't give?

Another example my slq costs me 100 a month full package with sports movies full shabangs pay £50 for year on iptv lol

Another example my slq costs me 100 a month full package with sports movies full shabangs pay £50 for year on iptv lol

OK so the logic you're applying is that it's OK to pay double price for something, as long as it's available more expensively elsewhere?

But why are people going to lower costs just because of 3pm ko as they still have server bills to pay source bills to pay if there's no sports at present so be it plenty of other channels movies sports replays to watch and in fact there is football on today not epl but still football I was watching live football yesterday morning on bt sports

OK so the logic you're applying is that it's OK to pay double price for something, as long as it's available more expensively elsewhere?
I was giving an example on what I pay it was a reply to what garyth put

I was giving an example on what I pay it was a reply to what garyth put

Applying the logic I detailed though? That because a legitimate subscription to view would cost such a proportion more, that paying double what it can be bought for elsewhere is good?

Back