The IPTV Price War

I would think most folk should it happen and have to self isolate won't be listening to the tranny( radio) they will all be watching their sky tv without even thinking of the cost, whether up or down.
Then again they may be fortunate enough to have the full package for £1.66 a month with one of those super subs at £20

Yes but if, as predicted, businesses go under and working people have to claim benefits and tighten their belts accordingly, don't you think that'll effect Sky subscriptions?

Yes but if, as predicted, businesses go under and working people have to claim benefits and tighten their belts accordingly, don't you think that'll effect Sky subscriptions?
It would affect sly subscriptions agreed probably so only time will tell

It would affect sly subscriptions agreed probably so only time will tell
I think it would, there are gonna be genuine sky sports customers phoning up sky from here on in, asking for discounts of their bills since there is no football to watch, cant see Sky giving their customers any though.

I think it would, there are gonna be genuine sky sports customers phoning up sky from here on in, asking for discounts of their bills since there is no football to watch, cant see Sky giving their customers any though.
They've stated no discounts and rightly so as its not there fault governments fault iptv providers fault there's no football was down to all fa for each league ect to stop it just have to deal with it

Yeah I agree with that , nothing in the contract regarding whats happened but they could, at a later date, make some sort of gesture to customers, a small monthly discount for 1 or 2 months, or a price freeze, keep their punters happy so to speak. I am talking about Sky here, not the iptv providers.

For the cost of IPTV it is not worth cancelling subs to go onto CS. Because if all the servers go tits up you will be moaning that you can no longer get 3pm kick offs when this all dies down.

I didn't ask if people would cancel, I asked if they'd renew should their subs expire.

And the point about the servers being t*ts up was referenced when I asked if you'd keep subscribing to support your provider till everything was back to normal.

Yeah I agree with that , nothing in the contract regarding whats happened but they could, at a later date, make some sort of gesture to customers, a small monthly discount for 1 or 2 months, or a price freeze, keep their punters happy so to speak. I am talking about Sky here, not the iptv providers.
You got more chance of man u winning league than getting a discount off sky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::X3:

T
I didn't ask if people would cancel, I asked if they'd renew should their subs expire.

And the point about the servers being t*ts up was referenced when I asked if you'd keep subscribing to support your provider till everything was back to normal.
Tbh it's no one's fault that there's no sports so not renewing cause of what has happened would be strange as still saving money each month its like asking the big boys if you can terminate your contract cause no sports lol to me just cause no sports which there is no finger to be pointed at the fa ect had a call to make and made it I 1000% get sports are a big draw

If I was a legitimate Sky Sports subscriber I'd be OK with prices staying the same as I'd signed up with - the contract is binding for it's duration imo. I would like to see them using the time, resources and facilities available to them to produce some alternative viewing, for example good sports documentaries.

Its physically impossible to draw up a contract to cover all kinds of things that could stop a sporting event or any other form of event from taking place period :unsure:

I think most people would renew their subs, dont forget when the season ends in May, normally people will carry on paying as there are still plenty of things there that they will want to watch, at the end of the day its what? a tenner a month roughly, peanuts, at the minute , whats happening isnt much different to pre season and it has nothing to do with the iptv provider, so they shouldnt suffer by losing money, when they are still providing their service.

Most iptv services come with vod services for series and movies as well as live tv ppv movie channels and sports ( even though thats off for now) if you are paying £20 a year from suppliers i would have thought the service will be pants.
I find you get what you pay for with iptv,i had many tests from people offering cheap packages that suffered from major buffering and looping,before i found a decent supplier,its still plenty cheaper than sly im happy the suppliers making money and the customer service has been excellent

Tbh it's no one's fault that there's no sports so not renewing cause of what has happened would be strange as still saving money each month its like asking the big boys if you can terminate your contract cause no sports lol

Not renewing a contract that has expired is nothing like terminating a contract mid term.

Most iptv services come with vod services for series and movies as well as live tv ppv movie channels and sports ( even though thats off for now) if you are paying £20 a year from suppliers i would have thought the service will be pants.
I find you get what you pay for with iptv,i had many tests from people offering cheap packages that suffered from major buffering and looping,before i found a decent supplier,its still plenty cheaper than sly im happy the suppliers making money and the customer service has been excellent

Cheaper subs aren't bad - that wouldn't make any business sense, they wouldn't get any repeat custom.

There's a misconception on this forum that any sub cheaper than the ones peddled here is inferior quality or will not last for the duration paid for. That misconception is fuelled by members, many of whom will be on this thread masquerading as normal iptv customers, who are actually reselling the overpriced subs - hence their motives for criticising cheaper subs.

A lot of sky customers will be pi$$ed off that sky don't offer reduced subs and I predict the demand for iptv will go up, not down when normal timetables are resumed - a lot of customers pay sky through loyalty and a sense of 'doing the right thing', once sky pi$$ on their chips they'll not get those customers back

Cheaper subs aren't bad - that wouldn't make any business sense, they wouldn't get any repeat custom.

There's a misconception on this forum that any sub cheaper than the ones peddled here is inferior quality or will not last for the duration paid for. That misconception is fuelled by members, many of whom will be on this thread masquerading as normal iptv customers, who are actually reselling the overpriced subs - hence their motives for criticising cheaper subs.
Whose critisied cheaper subs no one has to criticise just look at amount of people who's bought off fleebay twitter reddit ect then come to forum for help and support regarding cheap subs

A lot of sky customers will be pi$$ed off that sky don't offer reduced subs and I predict the demand for iptv will go up, not down when normal timetables are resumed - a lot of customers pay sky through loyalty and a sense of 'doing the right thing', once sky pi$$ on their chips they'll not get those customers back

That's a very good point Pablo, it might drive more people to explore cheaper alternatives such as iptv (y)

Back