[Tutorial] Audio Fix

Does anyone know of a fix for an older Extrend ET5000 box using a Sundtek tuner.

Vix no longer update the image for this box and opentv doesn't seem to be compatible with the Cable tuner?

Hi everyone,

I hope somebody can help me.

I'm new to this so please forgive me but ill try and explain my problem as much as I can - thank you

I have a vu duo2 using the latest Vix image using CCcam 2.0.11 softcam

its used for cable only.

I'm having problems with my audio on most HD channels especially ss sports main event with no audio and the others have narrative audio only (AD)

My line is using Newcam protocol.

Can someone please please advise me how to fix the problem..if there is a fix of course.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Mark

In VIX menu(if on 4.2 or newer) go into top choice and backup settings. Note date and time in File name.

Then in image manager go to downloads and download new version then flash it. Look at coloured buttons.

Then when get asked on reboot restore that settings backup you created earlier. It will restore official plugins only and your line.

Then I'd say go into ABM and update configs if any, delete bouquets and start scan.

Last edited:
In VIX menu go into top choice and backup settings. Note date and time in File name.

Then in image manager go to downloads and download new version then flash it. Look at coloured buttons.

Then when get asked on reboot restore that settings backup you created earlier. It will restore official plugins only and your line.

Then I'd say go into ABM and update configs if any, delete bouquets and start scan.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hi bangord30,

Thank you so much for your help and advise it is so much appriciated.

My vu duo2 is now running fine with audio on all channels.

Once again many many thanks bangord30.

Best wishes,
Mark

I have a Zgemma H2H running the latest Vix (5.1.002)

I still had problems with audio on CH4, SlySports Main Event and BTSP3.

I did some digging on the Openvix forums and came across a post with a fix for the audio problems.

I downloaded the attached file, extracted it and copied it to the tmp folder on my hdd.

I then ran this command:

cd /media/hdd/tmp
opkg install --force-downgrade --force-reinstall --force-depends libdvbsi++1_0.3.8-r0_mips32el.ipk

Once it was done I restarted the GUI and now I have audio on the above channels.

Hope this helps someone as much as it did me.

Attachments

• libdvbsi++1_0.3.8-r0_mips32el.rar
    80.1 KB · Views: 48
I have a Zgemma H2H running the latest Vix (5.1.002)

I still had problems with audio on CH4, SlySports Main Event and BTSP3.

I did some digging on the Openvix forums and came across a post with a fix for the audio problems.

I downloaded the attached file, extracted it and copied it to the tmp folder on my hdd.

I then ran this command:

cd /media/hdd/tmp
opkg install --force-downgrade --force-reinstall --force-depends libdvbsi++1_0.3.8-r0_mips32el.ipk

Once it was done I restarted the GUI and now I have audio on the above channels.

Hope this helps someone as much as it did me.

Top MAN.. THANKS!!!

hi im new to zgemma boxes. can anyone help i oayed for the box recently and there is no volume on channel 4 also on movie channels audio is on and i cant get it off. ive adked the person i bougjt it off if he can fix it he said it will cost me £40. even tho he gaurented me it would come with 12 month warrinty

Hi Jemma, that's terrible. He'll be doing well out of this issue! Was it off here no? Do you have details handy of the model and "package" you bought from him to help us out?

Hi Jemma, that's terrible. He'll be doing well out of this issue! Was it off here no? Do you have details handy of the model and "package" you bought from him to help us out?
no he advettised on gumtree he is so rude he wont answer my msgs no more. how will i know what package i bought? im not at home at moment. im new to all this as well. thank you so much for repling. all i know is that i bought a zgemma box that runs off a vm line and its a 12 month subsvription. i didnt even know there was a forum for these boxes or defo would
Drop me a PM, I'll sort this for you for FREE
thank you so so much! wish id found this site sooner and bought it off 1 of you guys x

HI, no bother...
I will need to remote onto your Computer for 5 min's to then connect to your Box..
Can you confirm the IP Address of the Box for me..

This can be found on your box via your remote - Menu, Information, Network, IP Address
Once you have this, pass me it

One you have that done, Install this below and then pass me the ID and PASS it provides.
https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

You can stay connected to your computer while i do this, and watch...

cheers

HI, no bother...
I will need to remote onto your Computer for 5 min's to then connect to your Box..
Can you confirm the IP Address of the Box for me..

This can be found on your box via your remote - Menu, Information, Network, IP Address
Once you have this, pass me it

One you have that done, Install this below and then pass me the ID and PASS it provides.
https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

You can stay connected to your computer while i do this, and watch...

cheers
im at work at.moment but as soon as im home ill do it. sorry to sound.dumb will i have to go on my laptop and download this onto a usb stick? x

Back