[Tutorial] Audio Fix

ATV have updated,
so a lot of the builds based on ATV have been updated,
I dont use either a build, or ATV, so I dont know which builds have been updated,
also, it depends on your box if that build has been updated or not,
personally, I can live with sd until VIX gets sorted, I dont watch much on vermin anyway, so I'm lucky in that respect I suppose
where can i get the latest openvix image for my zgemma h2h?
can i update the software on my box if i use openvix?

this worked for me
There is a patch available for some existing images but does need some networking skills. Download the following file, extract the .ipk from the zip and put it in /tmp

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ui6yizgc0cna06i/ac3_descriptor_fix_tag_offset.zip
Then install with a Telnet command. Newer images can use this

Code:
cd /tmp
opkg install --force-downgrade *ipk
Slightly older images need an extra command

Code:
cd /tmp/
opkg install --force-downgrade --force-depends *ipk
As always, best practice is to take a full image backup 1st. When done, you can revert to the standard, unmodified, ABM files. This fix means the box works like before the change happened last Weekend, so you don't need modified channel lists or modified ABM files.

I can confirm the patch seems to work fine on my collection of various ZGemma and Edision receivers on OpenPLI with the exception of the H7 which needs an ARM compatible build. Can anyone sort this out for me? Thanks.

I usually use mgcamd 1.38c, I installed oscam as well when the sound went as that seemed to briefly fix it and just disabled mgcamd. Now when I disable oscam and enable mgcamd, it doesn't seem to connect to the line at all. while oscam connects fine. I have not changed anything related to mgcamd so unless installing oscam has broken it, I am not sure whats going on. I would just stick with the oscam but i seem to get a lot of freezing on it that I didnt get on mgcamd. Are there any settings I should change on oscam that might stop this? I installed the config mentioned in the op here and have not changed anything except adding my line to it.

this worked for me
There is a patch available for some existing images but does need some networking skills. Download the following file, extract the .ipk from the zip and put it in /tmp

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ui6yizgc0cna06i/ac3_descriptor_fix_tag_offset.zip

Code:
cd /tmp

Code:
cd /tmp/
As always, best practice is to take a full image backup 1st. When done, you can revert to the standard, unmodified, ABM files. This fix means the box works like before the change happened last Weekend, so you don't need modified channel lists or modified ABM files.

This worked fine for me on my edision box as well.

Thanks for the patch.

this worked for me

Code:

Code:
cd /tmp

Code:
cd /tmp/

I have d/l the zip file. Can you tell me where the a3 descriptor fix tag offset patch is ftp'd to

i saved the old config file for ABM so you can fix it easy
the file goes in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers
do a rescan and it should work as it did with oscam

the attached file won't download for me could you please upload it again

just re-flash your box,
the patched fixes arent needed anymore, they were only a bodged workaround anyway.
both ATV and VIX have updated images available

I've done this on mine - and last night i updated my mates Edison OS Mega box with the latest version of OpenVIX from the site - but still can't update ABM from 2.8 to 2.9 due to the incompatible message.

Thanks

**Never mind looks like I updated yesterday and then the newest image was released - will try again this evening**

Last edited:

heres the file again but as steptoe said your best off reflashing your box
the new atv version fixed it for me after a reflash, all channels are clearing fast and no NAR audio

Attachments

• cable_uk_virgin.rar
    4 KB · Views: 27
just re-flash your box,
the patched fixes arent needed anymore, they were only a bodged workaround anyway.
both ATV and VIX have updated images available

Do you know if there is a new ipab image to re flash which fixes it? I’m aware that ipab uses openatv but think I’d have to reflash with ipab?

Do you know if there is a new ipab image to re flash which fixes it? I’m aware that ipab uses openatv but think I’d have to reflash with ipab?

just reflash with a plain VIX or ATV , depending on your box type,

Back