UK Full National Lockdown Imminent?

And strangely I bet he's banking 10K a month.
Outfits like this are everywhere, very little outlay to setup, customers pay cash 99% of the time so there's no way of knowing whether he's shaved 3 or 300 people each day

They should have closed them for six months from April to September and that would have been the end of it.

Oh hang on... :unsure:

I see.
But another four weeks getting paid for nothing will STOP covid.
interesting that four weeks will achieve what 25 weeks couldn't

Kevin Courtney, joint general secretary of the NEU, said: “It is clear from Office of National Statistics data that schools are an engine for virus transmission. It would be self-defeating for the government to impose a national lockdown, while ignoring the role of schools as a major contributor to the spread of the virus.

"Such a lockdown would impose pain on the whole community – but not be as effective as it could be if schools were included. Ignoring the role of schools and colleges in the spread of the virus is likely to lead to the need for even longer lockdowns in future."

Oh right, my mistake, I must have read your post incorrectly when it said 'close schools for four weeks to stop covid'
It's just too confusing

"My post" was a copy and paste of a headline (headlines are often sensationalised to draw the reader in) which linked to an article, but the headline not what the person in the article was saying, if you read it.

Happy to explain anything you struggle with.

Can't see much changing with this month long lockdown. May suppress infections to some degree then be back to rising again after lockdown.

So their plan I guess is to extend lockdown even for more months later on.

Tbf if they enlist Danny Rose, Sol Campbell or Stevie Wonder to support their campaign, your beloved Boris will probably agree to whatever they want anyway.

People seem to miss the point of lockdowns. They're not to eradicate the virus, they're to slow the spread so that the nhs has enough beds for the people who need hospital treatment.

Yes its to suppress the virus such lockdowns.

But even when it's lifted moronic people will be morons and we will see more and longer lockdowns.

It needs lifting sensibly, not the opening of the floodgates to mixing that happened last time with the "Eat Out To Help Out" madness.

Tbh mate I do fear ignoring of rules even during this lockdown.

As areas I drive past at times are packed and busy. No following any rules.

Once this month lockdown ends, surely everyone just goes out even more to do their Christmas shopping making towns even more busier, meaning we will just be back to square one

Once this month lockdown ends, surely everyone just goes out even more to do their Christmas shopping making towns even more busier, meaning we will just be back to square one
When it ends on Dec 2nd it won't actually end, pubs and restaurants will remain closed for most areas, shops will probably reopen but not aviation/foreign travel.
Pubs etc will open for a week or ten days around Christmas and new year and then back into lockdown until May or a vaccine is rolled out.
That's my prediction

Back