UK Sat is back - Icam UK - here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a noob compared to you guys.

My first box was the Eurovox Max V for cable back in 2008. Then I started learning about Sky and Enigma etc. :LOL:

The halcyon days

I bought one of those back in the day, it had issues and someone offered to help with it if I posted it to them (well known and respected mod on a forum I used back in the day).

The tw@ stole it.
Did the forum have mod in its title ?

You had his address though did you sort it.

Did the forum have mod in its title ?

You had his address though did you sort it.
Yes it did and no, never got it back and as he was over 200 miles away I couldn't be arsed to go and get it either.

Mind you I think you might be fairly local, maybe you could pop round and see if he's fixed it yet :LOL:

Yes it did and no, never got it back and as he was over 200 miles away I couldn't be arsed to go and get it either.

Mind you I think you might be fairly local, maybe you could pop round and see if he's fixed it yet :LOL:
He’ll fix it now he knows he can use it 🤣🤣

The shack was the daddy of forums too.Learned so much there even with slow dial up 'very expensive' internet access.

@ferret my old eyes are going but was that a D2mac if so yes had that going years back with a pace box
No mate.

Dbox and dbox2

These were cable and satellite boxes that could run Linux software and open cable and sat without a sub, Neutrino and Enigma most notably.

When Nokia went bust Dream multi media jumped on to bandwagon spawning the enigma and enigma 2 software now used on all enigma based boxes.

@ferret my old eyes are going but was that a D2mac if so yes had that going years back with a pace box
Ha, i had a few D2Mac decoders & like you, had a Pace (MS500, if i recall) amongst others (boxes weren't cheap in those days. Channels like Filmnet, TV1000, Supersport (for PPV boxing). Used to get out on the roof to move my dish manually between 19.2 (old sky position) & 0.8. Sky's videocrypt was easily hacked in those days, even had a "blocker" pcb that intercepted the signal from sky to deactivate the viewing card. My first step into pirate TV was prompted by the first UK PPV event (i'm a big boxing fan) which if i recall, was Bruno vs Tyson & have never looked back.

That's interesting about UK sat being on 19.2E. I've only got into motorised dishes in the last ten years.

Why did they move to 28.2E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back