Upcoming boxing events

Same mate i actually think he would beat Spence. He looks like the complete package.

With networks, promoters etc can't see fight happening either.

Kell did well first 2 rounds then Crawford found his rythem

What happened is he switched from orthodox to southpaw, which took Kell's jab away and closed the distance. It was just a matter of time from the 3rd onwards.

I made a small fortune on this one, had Crawford rounds 1-6. Bud is a notoriously slow starter but having watched Kell's last few fights it was clear he'd get wasted. I was actually pleasantly surprised how good Kell looked in the first few rounds. The problem is those injuries have taken their toll and I was worried for him going back down to Welter. This often lowers punch resistance.

As for Crawford, there's a lot of talk about him ditching Top Rank. He needs to too. He is a great fighter but he can't be considered the best when he hasn't fought anyone. Remember how good Wilder looked until he actually fought an Elite fighter? Spence is cleaning the division up taking hard fight after hard fight. Crawford joking fighting Khan and Brook. Not his fault but he really needs to move to PBC. He wants to fight Manny next. Really? Goes from 2 has beens to a guy in his 40's? He needs to start fighting the real guys (no disrespect to Manny). Spence, Porter, Garcia. Any of those guys are what he needs. If he wants a real legacy he needs to beat them all.

I'm not convinced he'd beat Spence. Spence is big at the weight. For all Crawford's brilliant he's not a big Welter. I'd really like to see him against Porter. He has a nightmare style so we'd really see if Crawford is the real deal after that.

Edit: Baz, mate. Spence isn't ducking anyone. Looks at Spence and Crawford last 3 opponents. Haymon doesn't do cross promotional fights, it's that simple.

Both crawford and spence are brilliant boxers. It is a genuine 50-50 fight and despite not having the same resume as Spencer I still believe he would beat spence. Hes strong and has good footwork, has fast hands even though Spence is slightly more quicker with his hands. I just feel like Crawford is the more complete fighter.

We also dont know how good Spence really is since his terrible car accident.

Will be another travesty for the sport if this fight never happens or happens too late.

Both crawford and spence are brilliant boxers. It is a genuine 50-50 fight and despite not having the same resume as Spencer I still believe he would beat spence. Hes strong and has good footwork, has fast hands even though Spence is slightly more quicker with his hands. I just feel like Crawford is the more complete fighter.

We also dont know how good Spence really is since his terrible car accident.

Will be another travesty for the sport if this fight never happens or happens too late.

Crawford's ring IQ is immense for sure. But it's a bit like hitting a bag that doesn't hit back. We need to know if he can do what he does against the elite. Spence has shown he can beat a slickster (Brook in his hayday). A master tactician (Mikey Garcia) and rough animal (Porter). All 3 of those (assuming the best version of Brook vs damaged goods Brook) are better than anything Crawford has faced. A 50-50 fight? I wouldn't disagree with that and you're right about the accident.

Promotor wars are shit for boxing.

I think Spence will definitely put the early rounds in the bank by fighting long. The question is what adjustments Crawford can make. Spence is versatile too though. Nobody had ever seen him box long like he did against Mikey Garcia. Spence v Crawford is one of the best fights in all of boxing. Can't see it happening for several years though, if ever. And if they ever do get it on, will they be the same fighters? Probably not.

Talking of good fights, I'm looking forward to Canelo vs Callum, if they can make it. Looks likely.

Promoters and networks are ruining boxing and has been like this for so many years where big fights are not being made.

There should one with body and one title that she be fought for. UFC does it perfectly with the best fighting the best.

Ye Canelo and Smith good be a very very tough fight for Canelo. Smith is so big and has a massive reach and add to that is very awkward in the ring. Question is will Canelo take the fight.

Yeah kell hasn't looked the same since spence fight and he was always draining him making weight which has happend to a lot of fighters bellew always struggled to make weight personally think the only fight left for kell is Khan they've both lost to Crawford so the last payday for them both would be to fight each other imo but would favour kell in that but there was too much surrounding them fighting rehydration clause who was a side who was b side.
Personally if kell was to compete I thinks he should move up in weight class he won't drain him self and will take the power with him.
Personally think spence is ducking Crawford I get spence has had a lay off but that fight has always been there to be made imo

Personally think spence is ducking Crawford I get spence has had a lay off but that fight has always been there to be made imo

The fight has always been there to be made with one fighter with Top Rank and the other with PBC?

No mate. Spence fights with the promotor that has every top Welter in the world apart from Crawford, so if anything it's the other way around. Crawford should have ditched Top Rank a few years ago. I can't stand PBC's MO but at the end of the day they're delivering top fights for Spence. Crawford has fought nobody. The best they can do is a guy that got destroyed by Danny Garcia (who Spence is fighting next) and a guy that Spence himself ruined in his hayday.

As for Kell, I thought he'd be really drained against Crawford but he looked pretty good. Kell being massive at Welter is one of the reasons he was so good for so long. After seeing how he made weight against Crawford, I actually think it would hurt Khan more than Kell to fight at Welter.

I actually hope they don't make that fight. It reeks of Floyd vs Manny. Farcical really. Khan wants everything on his terms but aside from that, used that as a way of ducking Kell. It's well known that Khan has been running for years because he knows he'll get knocked out.

@channelking I agree with your assessment of Canelo vs Smith. I think what's happened is they saw the worst version of Smith against John Ryder and have a plan to beat him. I think Smith is like a lot of fighters though, he needs a bit fight to motivate him. I don't read too much into that bad performance, he just underestimated him. The other thing is that Canelo's just beaten one of the best jabs in the game with Kovalev, so he should be confident in negating that big reach. If I thought Smith could get a fair shake from the judges I wouldn't discount him though tbh.

Last edited:
Always have rated brook above Khan. Khan just talks and talks. In their prime brook would have KO Khan easily. So pointless having the fight now. Makes no sense so pointless.

Sadly I see Crawford/Spence going the same way as greedy promoters and networks don't want their fighters to fight each other. Money comes first anf foremost to them.

As much as I dislike Canelo for various reasons can't deny quality fighter he is and basically is the man when it comes to the sport. Here's hoping we do see Canelo fight next month as there is no one he is tied to that can stop or put obstacles in the way.

Canelo vs Smith 19th decmber in texas Smiths biggest fight of his career as he was chosen by Canelo and Eddie Hearn is promoting the fight can't wait personally think it will be an awkward fight for Canelo but as they say style's makes fights

Well that discussion was perfect timing!

Very intriguing fight. I think you could take a run up with a sledge hammer and not knock Canelo out so Smith will not only have to outbox him but do so comprehensively to have any sort of chance on the scorecards. A motivated Callum Smith is a very, very good fighter and he is capable of keeping fights long like he did with George Groves. Can he stop Canelo getting into range those flashy combinations though?

Man so late for this fight.

In two minds whether to stay up or not. Stuggle to keep up nowadays but can I really miss the chance of not watching my favourite fighter growing up (tyson)

Back