Updating smart TV software

Definately have a wired lan connection. Use it for iptv. Will check the video out when I can get TV to myself 👍
I had Panasonic viera and mine never had any updates even my Hitachi hasn't had any updates don't think some companies do firmware for their tv's imo it's a way to conning you into buying a new one 🤔🤔🤔

My old samsung smart tv before it died never had a single firmware update or my Viera one currently.

But were/are old original types of smart TVs so not surprised.

But if such companies do offer updates to their smart TVs in may only be for a year or two before they stop them and then not too long after bring out a new model.

Just easy way for them to make money.

Definately have a wired lan connection. Use it for iptv. Will check the video out when I can get TV to myself 👍
Thanks again for your reply. I have watched the YouTube video now. Firstly the video-makers Viera is a much newer model than mine but the update procedure is almost identical. I had upgraded to the newest software available before I had even started this thread so now I'm just stuck with old software that doesn't work and can't be upgraded.
It's interesting that the video maker with a much newer Viera than mine also had a less than brilliant upgrade experience.
I currently am having a similar experience with a 2 year old Huawei phone which is not being upgraded beyond Android 9 nor is their new (Harmony) operating system being offered. Its like other people have commented, big brand companies like Panasonic and Huawei have no interest in updating their products, they just want to consign usable equipment to land fill and buy the same thing again from them, and end up with the same problem in a few years time - shame on them 😡😡 Don't do it folks!

Thanks again for your reply. I have watched the YouTube video now. Firstly the video-makers Viera is a much newer model than mine but the update procedure is almost identical. I had upgraded to the newest software available before I had even started this thread so now I'm just stuck with old software that doesn't work and can't be upgraded.
It's interesting that the video maker with a much newer Viera than mine also had a less than brilliant upgrade experience.
I currently am having a similar experience with a 2 year old Huawei phone which is not being upgraded beyond Android 9 nor is their new (Harmony) operating system being offered. Its like other people have commented, big brand companies like Panasonic and Huawei have no interest in updating their products, they just want to consign usable equipment to land fill and buy the same thing again from them, and end up with the same problem in a few years time - shame on them 😡😡 Don't do it folks!
Try telling that to my daughter she must have the latest iPhone soon as they launch them, thankfully she is married so I’m not paying fo it. Plus side is I get the odd perfectly functional hand me down :ROFLMAO:

My 2011 3d bravia that i just game to our son was fantastic for updating. I once took it all the way to new zealand and once connected to the net it updated to all the apps for working down there. I shipped it back home and it updated again. It was smart but only 2011 smart so not like our new samsung oled.

Maybe you need to update the firmware for
The apps to work correctly I had old samsung t.v which needed the firmware updated Took the model number from the t.v Went on the Samsung website download
Section Downloaded the file unzipped transfered to formated to 32 u.s.b stick
Inserted into the u.s.b port rear of T.v followed online instructions All apps are now working fine Not sure if Panasonic
Works the same firmware process
I know that a lot of the time you can use UART (RS232) to get in to the firmware side of things. Never tried it with a Smart TV & not sure if there is any information on the Web. Certainly helped me to unbrick my router & flash Fresh tomato. To be perfectly honest, as someone has already mentioned, these companies more often than not try & ensure it is a closed circuit & unless they themselves provide the updates you would potentially end up with a TV that is less than useless!

My 2011 3d bravia that i just game to our son was fantastic for updating. I once took it all the way to new zealand and once connected to the net it updated to all the apps for working down there. I shipped it back home and it updated again. It was smart but only 2011 smart so not like our new samsung oled.
Like your logo mate. What a season ⚽ look forward to getting back to ER next season MOT

Was at this fixture last season. I do remember one of their chants "he's one of your own, he one of your own JS he's one of your own" - not one to hold a grudge (much) but I won't miss them 😂😂😂

Back