Using in Spain

I was told you can't get bbc1 ect after 2014 when the foot print for Astra was made smaller around the south east? Alicante ok but 20 miles south west no?

Itv HD 1 2 3 all work on cs

got the daughter set up with a now tv box running plex in costa del sol last month when i went over.

works a treat ;-)

I'm in Torrevieja Costa Blanca and can get BBC 1, 2 and 4 in HD, BBC News HD, Channel 5 HD but none of the ITV channels in HD. I'll make do with that unless someone has some magic for the Zgemma box.

My parents have a sky box on the Costa Brava and lost BBC a couple of years ago, I assume the only way to get them would be to replace the dish, sending them a zgemma on it's own wont make a difference? I

I've just sent a box to a friend in spain and he emailed to say that ITV1 was missing - I presume this is the HD feed, I forgot about that before I posted the box out. An I right in thinking that ITV1 SD should be on ch178? If so on Wooshbuild is this an easy swap? Looks like I might have to have a weekend in the sun to fix his channel listings ;)

I ended up deleting all the channels I couldn't receive including ITV 1HD. They were all greyed out anyway but it tidied things up. Wasn't too bothered about the channel numbers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

By the way Benijofar, I had a drive through your town last week onto Rojales. It a nice looking place we will stop off next time we are over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick msg for Benijofar
g
I am in Alicante, on community 2m+ dish apartments pre cabled. Have a Zgemma 2s. I am seeing SNR 38% - 58% AGC 99+ BER 0.
The signal keeps dropping. Any ideas what I can do to improve?
thanks

Quick msg for Benijofar
g
I am in Alicante, on community 2m+ dish apartments pre cabled. Have a Zgemma 2s. I am seeing SNR 38% - 58% AGC 99+ BER 0.
The signal keeps dropping. Any ideas what I can do to improve?
thanks

You don't say which channels you have those figures on ?
Some of the channels are in the 30's but still work.
BBC1 with a correctly positioned dish should still be up in the 80's !

Cheers
Gives me an idea where to look. Need to get the community sat guy to check the alignment. The ZG worked great on VM in UK

On BBC2HD i have 57% SNR 98 AGC BER 0,,,It will work for a while then all drop to zero. If I plug in my old HUMAX FTA it pixellates only in really bad weather. What size dish is minimum for a good signal, I would think this beast fine.

thanks again

All of the BBC channels have dropped recently to the high fifty's which i think coincides with the recent weather.
Mine never drop out except in maybe a really bad storm.
I have lots of channels in te 30's which work fine and the sly channels are generally up in the 70/80's all the time.
Minimum dish size is 1.4m and mine is a 1.9m so yours is fine for the signal requirement.
Check with neighbours for problems but sounds like it maybe an LNB issue starting to play up.

Given up on the ZG until I can get the engineer out to check the dish and lnb.

Trusty old Humax never misses, more than 99% of all channels perfect, until this morning with the bad weather. Strange the zgemma works and the humax doesnt.

thanks for the assist

Hi Benijofar.

Can't get the community to pay for the engineer yet, but I have persisted with this and some strange behaviour is going on.
All the FTA works as previously described...i.e. works for a few minutes then drops out.
ALL the SLY stuff, movies, sport works perfectly - other than the very occasional glitch, where the ecm is a bit high, this is just not an issue. TBH I am more than happy, as I get to watch the football, but not BT Sports.

If I want the FTA channels I just plug in the old Humax. you any other ideas what this may be? I would love BT, but can live wiithout it.

Wondering if someone can possibly help with another newbie question. I've been using a Gi S2233HD satellite box here in the Costa Del Sol for over a year now. It was installed by an engineer with a new dish (unsure of size as up in the roof of community appartments. This was purchased to view solely FTA channels which I get with exception of channel 5. I have brought a zgemms h2s out (only using one cable) hoping to pliug it straight in to existing sky cable. It was bought from an online retailer with woosh build 5 pre-installed along with 12 months gift line! I used it in the uk without any hiccups at all, ran really well. Here is Spain however, I am getting approx. 600 channels, sports both uk and ROI but I cannot get bbc 1, news or channel 4 or 5 sd or hd. Zero signal on these channels. I am connected to the internet and the channels that do work I'm getting a signal strength between 65 and 69%. HD appear to be mid eighties. Do the guys in the know think this is possibly down to dish size? Next time there is an engineer out who can access the roof I will ask him to look at my dish size.

Cheers
Jim

There is a fair chance that your dish may not be pointing at 28.2E ?
Signal strength on the Costa Del Sol is pretty poor under a dish size of 2.4m for FTA but works better for the sky encrypted channels.
I know of some people who are using alternate sat dishes to pull in their required programmes that way.
The Wooshbuild set up on zgemma is preset to 28.2E so if it is only picking up 600 channels not the 900+ then something is amiss.
Find the transponder setting from Lyngsatt and use these to do a separate scan on the zgemma to see if you can get any signal for the normal FTA progs.

Back