Vi*gin M*dia - Midlands - Channels Down

i know the feeling i had no net on friday - nightmare or what (kids all weekend sulking ) - but it was the cables - probably moved in the high winds - i fixed it.
if you contact them by phone 150 ( if your with vm) you should get a message saying a problem in xxxx post code areas - if your phone line works of course :)

i know the feeling i had no net on friday - nightmare or what (kids all weekend sulking ) - but it was the cables - probably moved in the high winds - i fixed it.
if you contact them by phone 150 ( if your with vm) you should get a message saying a problem in xxxx post code areas - if your phone line works of course :)

Life without the net is difficult these days lol, cheers Linny, have the phone next to me, will give it a ring.

Update:

"We're sorry, we're still unusually busy, you may want to give us a call later, thank you and goodbye"

lmao, there goes the phone call. lol

Probably all the customers calling in too complain.:doh:

Last edited:
Life without the net is difficult these days lol, cheers Linny, have the phone next to me, will give it a ring.

Update:

"We're sorry, we're still unusually busy, you may want to give us a call later, thank you and goodbye"

lmao, there goes the phone call. lol

Probably all the customers calling in too complain.:doh:

well that definatly sounds like they got a problem but not had a chance to update - coz if they is busy this time of night means everyone like all those mugs out there all contacting them to ask what why n when and if they gonna get a refund lol! . simple answer to that is NO NO NO ( def no to the last one lol )

well that definatly sounds like they got a problem but not had a chance to update - coz if they is busy this time of night means everyone like all those mugs out there all contacting them to ask what why n when and if they gonna get a refund lol! . simple answer to that is NO NO NO ( def no to the last one lol )

lol, have to wake up for 7:15 and get ready for college, so will be able to check the box then, but in the meantime, an early night it is, cya Linny, nice chatting. :)

lol, have to wake up for 7:15 and get ready for college, so will be able to check the box then, but in the meantime, an early night it is, cya Linny, nice chatting. :)
Yep all kaput here as well, west midlands, hope its all up & running 2 moz :hop mad:

Nice timing Linny, just in college now, surfing from phone so thought time for an update, and the channels are not yet back last time checked 3-12-2009 at 7.45 a.m

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

hope your back on shortly dan.

Cheers wheelo, channels not back yet, still waiting. :)

ill look on their webby see if i can see any update
if i go to "my VM" (formely the customer zone) page it comes up with errors on the whole page telling me
We've been unable to display some information here due to a technical issue. The problem may be resolved if you reload this page in your web browser.

ok found this Tickets for region : England - Midlands
Ticket Number Status Description Customers Affected Date Modified

Updated

All ( Birmingham & Solihull )- Loss of Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV

Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV

03/12/2009 08:50

Updated

All ( Midlands & Bimingham )- Loss of Digital TV

Digital TV

03/12/2009 07:56

Code:
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/regionissues.do?regions=MI&prodName=television
check out that page its for the midlands area.

Hoep this helps peeps

Last edited:
Here Linny.

Ticket Ticket Number 1141125 Time Stamp 03/12/2009 08:50 Priority MSO Status Updated Department Outage Surveillence Team Estimated Time Fix 4 Hours Customers Affected Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV Raised By #### ##### Postcode Areas All Placename Birmingham & Solihull Detailed Description Customers in the Birmingham and Solihull areas may currently be experiencing a loss of their broadband Internet, digital TV, and telephone services. Our engineers are now investigating this issue.
Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Virgin Media Technical Support

Updates

Last Modified Name Customers Affected Estimated Time Status Priority 03/12/2009 08:50 #### Smith Broadband Internet, Telephone, Digital TV 4 Hours Updated MSO Detailed Description Customers in the Birmingham and Solihull areas may currently be experiencing a loss of their broadband Internet, digital TV, and telephone services. Our engineers are now investigating this issue.
Virgin Media apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Virgin Media Technical Support

cool. i must admit it took me a while to find the status page as its a website i never use lol! - wonder why :)

Just recieved a text from home, the sports channels have only came back, wasnt told which ones, looking good at the moment. :grin:

All channels back on now, done a factory reset, deep scan, everything is back to normal :happy:

We had Broadband & TV off yesterday for about 4-5hours.

All back up and running now in Middlesbrough - Stockton area (teesside)

Good stuff your back up and running!

Just got home, turns out that frequencies needed a little waking up lol, autoscan did the trick. ;)

We had Broadband & TV off yesterday for about 4-5hours.

All back up and running now in Middlesbrough - Stockton area (teesside)

Good stuff your back up and running!

its sort of coming back i keep getting trash then it goes - we sat n watched last nights celeb earlier on channel 3000 then it went off just had bidup tv - now thats gone so suppose we are getting there lol!
A night without tv - what will we do lol! :locked:

Back