Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

@Ferret. i found the audio Button and the viark sat 4k remote control. i still dont know whatcthe correct setting is.i ned the volume that all tv stations have thexsame volume not that the freetv stations are quieter and the paytv stations like sky germany are leider.that all transmittlers have the same Sound volume.the volume of the german Free-tv channels is very quiet for me although its at 40%why?and the paytv channels with the same Sound volume the Sound is louder why?i never had such a shitty Problem what rhe **** Problem.i putt the sound at sky germany to 0 % istcrs loud.
There is no option to set the volume for individual channels.

No receiver has that !

Sayloy the audio button will not alter the volume level as the network providers set the level out. The providers can change the level at such times as when the adverts come on. I have seen this with official receivers too.

Last edited:
i think it good for 3pm games that are not on SS/BT uk, or SS top event germany, but the foreign commentary doesnt bother me you can also set the audio channel to the no commentary option which is fine as well. i go to most home games its only for away 3pm games i use it.

Looking for a bit of advice i’ll keep reading up also but my question are all these boxes viark / g server type etc just branded differently do they use the same sp1 sp2 server or is one better than the other seems to be £60 more for a viark 4k would people recommend the extra cost?

All the forever boxes use the same server.SP1/2 Viarks & Technomate. Mars on GTmedia just different names same thing

The Viark is more expensive but comes with 2 years SP1 once converted. 3 Years not converted.

Just a warning for anyone else with a GTmedia V8 UHD.

There is a new fw update released today (GTMedia V8 UHD Mars_V1.10.6653_09052023).

If you use the 4K2K 50Hz output option, then do not update your box.

The update removes said option, meaning 4K2K 25Hz is the highest output in PAL mode or 4K2K 30Hz if set to NTSC.

Even downgrading does not restore the option.

it never took that long
They only release new firmware when there is a decent development, such as CHMax, Icam or EPG Pro.

Average is about every 6 months.

The Sat and 4k Firmware are in a good place in terms of bugs and usage. No need for endless firmware updates.

Just a warning for anyone else with a GTmedia V8 UHD.

There is a new fw update released today (GTMedia V8 UHD Mars_V1.10.6653_09052023).

If you use the 4K2K 50Hz output option, then do not update your box.

The update removes said option, meaning 4K2K 25Hz is the highest output in PAL mode or 4K2K 30Hz if set to NTSC.

Even downgrading does not restore the option.
I installed this on my V8 UHD no issues whatsoever 4K2K 50Hz works fine

Just a general question regarding the V8's. Is it a must to update them with the latest firmware for them to keep working or can one keep using on older firmware ? Also those who have updated have they noticed any changes/improvements ? Thanks

Back