Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Ok. So after doing following
scan = Astra 2(28.2e)
Scan mode = all channels
start search = satellite search
remove existing channels YES
Network search = Yes
I am only pulling in 412 channels total from 86 transponders. Something doesn’t seem correct. I still have 19.2e and 30w what seems to be pre-installed.
Use the blind scanning option.

That in theory will pull in 800 plus channels.

Bought it off eBay. Probs off someone on here. Ha. No it’s an old LNB from years ago. Same LNB working with V8 uhd pulling in all channels in a different room. Swapped them out now to see if any difference with scan.

Yeah defo something up. Blind scan only pulled in 442 tv channels.
See if you can pull in more with Network Search set to No

scan = Astra 2(28.2e)
Scan mode = all channels
start search = BLIND SEARCH
remove existing channels NO
Network search = NO

You don't have to remove existing channels

@Jester1 will give that a go in a sec. Bit progress after swapping into dining room. No extra channels scanned, in fact only 405 but it did get bbc two hd and the tnt sports 1,3,5 channels that I had been missing everytime. Had to put it onto WiFi in dining room and only other change was the power supply. The v8uhd is working without issue in the living room.

Before you pull hair out, be aware that some LNBs have faults when two devices are connected to it. You will get a better test if you disconnect the other receiver and use same cable that other receiver was using.
Yes this happens on e2 boxes also, found an image recently that even though the 2nd box was in deep standby it was still sending a feed out to the lnb. This ment that lots of transponders were greyed out. Took some finding it did.

Another Update. Disconnected all other connections from LNB so just the one into Viark atm. Running fresh scan as have been stuck on 416 channels. Strange or not it’s not pulling in any of the sky titled channels now. Ha. No sky sports / movies / entertainment channels anymore. Crazy stuff. I thought it’d be even simpler than the v8 setup. Ha.

Another Update. Disconnected all other connections from LNB so just the one into Viark atm. Running fresh scan as have been stuck on 416 channels. Strange or not it’s not pulling in any of the sky titled channels now. Ha. No sky sports / movies / entertainment channels anymore. Crazy stuff. I thought it’d be even simpler than the v8 setup. Ha.
Try loading my Sly UK list. Then you can check the signal on the each transponder..
Viark - VIARK TYPE BOXES

Remove your channel list from the v8 rescan on the v8 on same cable and see what you get.

Make sure your settings are correct:

Antenna Configuration:

LNB Type=Universal
LNB Power=13v/18v
22KHz=Auto

Just thinking is it worth saving now in the current state it is with all the channels scanned in? If so do I do the 1113 step to load it onto usb as .sdx ( even though it’s not really a channel list? ).

Back