Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Hi All. my Viark 4K has arrived. is there a tutorial anywhere i can use to get me up and running to a stage where the encrypted channels clear (or at least the ones expected to clear)?

Hi All. my Viark 4K has arrived. is there a tutorial anywhere i can use to get me up and running to a stage where the encrypted channels clear (or at least the ones expected to clear)?
You just need to flash the 1.06 firmware and scan .

You can do that by just connecting the box to your network and then press Menu App/Games and downloads.

Or a manual install via usb

Read here
Viark - VIARK TYPE BOXES

Thanks, I have flashed the firmware and done a scan. Are there bouquets like there were with the E2 boxes can I search for channels by satellite as there are the best part of 5000 Channels here and i can only open the FTA channels.
Apologies in advance as I am sure you field the same questions from every Newbie on here.

Thanks, I have flashed the firmware and done a scan. Are there bouquets like there were with the E2 boxes can I search for channels by satellite as there are the best part of 5000 Channels here and i can only open the FTA channels.
Apologies in advance as I am sure you field the same questions from every Newbie on here.
When looking through those channels you sould see some in Yellow those are the channels that open.

If you dont see channels in yellow maybe the firmware didnt flash

I have done a scan of all the sats from 30W to 45E so around 7000 channels.
PT is showing as connected, I am using a wired connection.
There is a sat button where I can select individual satellites. I selected Astra2 and nothing clears. Interesting, alot of Polesat and SkyItalia channels that I wasn't expecting to see on that sat.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong here?

There is a sat button where I can select individual satellites. I selected Astra2 and nothing clears. Interesting, alot of Polesat and SkyItalia channels that I wasn't expecting to see on that sat.

Start with the basics

Press the sat button and 28e Astra 2

28e Sports HD channels any in Yellow ?

Obviously Sky italia does not reside on astra 2 so maybe you had the full list up

What signal Quality are you showing on Astra 2

Last edited:

I think your motorised settings are not correct in the receiver. When you choose Astra 2 and see the Sky Italia channels, does it say Hotbird or Astra 2 in the bottom left hand corner when you press info? If it is the latter, my guess is that you have not chosen USALS for every sat in the configuration menu.

Hi, Managed to get it working. Thanks for your advice all.
In my USALS settings, my motor speed was set to 0.

I did a scan on 28e and the results are inconsistent. Every Scan seems to bring up a different result .re channel list and Channel order.
What is consistent is I can only get BT Sport3 and BT Sport/ESPN and the BT Sport Extra Channels on SD, no HD channels.
I can get all the Sky Sports Channels in HD.

All the Sky Sports and the BT sports channels above clear and the Quality is between 71 and 79%.

Next Question, what other Sat's should I be looking at. I am mainly interested in the 3PM football (preferably in English) and Adult channels?

I did a scan on 28e and the results are inconsistent. Every Scan seems to bring up a different result .re channel list and Channel order.
What is consistent is I can only get BT Sport3 and BT Sport/ESPN and the BT Sport Extra Channels on SD, no HD channels.

All the Sky Sports and the BT sports channels above clear and the Quality is between 71 and 79%.

Next Question, what other Sat's should I be looking at. I am mainly interested in the 3PM football (preferably in English) and Adult channels?
42 East 16 East are good options with English audio.

In the antenna configuration before you scan try the following settings:
LNB Type : universal
LNB power : 13v/18v
22khz: auto
I was having trouble scanning in all the channels until I used these settings.

Are you doing a blind search or just scanning the existing TPs?

If a blind doesn't work, try adding the TPs in manually.

I don't think I ever missed stuff on my Vu+ Solo2 box or Duo before that. It's not really an issue, as I can manually add TPs when I notice missing channels. I'm still learning this Viark box though. I only bought it as I enjoy a challenge. I miss the old CS days of a few years ago. I don't really NEED the Viark, as such (I get all my footy from DAZN Canada/Ssport turkey, USA apps etc), but it's fun to have new toys :-)

Back