Broadband Virgin Media Broadband - Price Changes

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hello,

I received this email from Virgin Media about my broadband, the contract finishes next month and the price change is just yikes! It seems like there are many that have got this email and the price change varies.

So make sure you check when your contract runs out and either haggle for a better price or shop around for another broadband provider.

That comes to which broadband providers would you recommend and why?

Has anyone used Utility Warehouse broadband before? The reviews online don't bode well.

I'll have to ring them on the weekend and haggle for a lower price and see what discount they can offer me otherwise I'll be leaving them for good.

Thanks,
J

virgin-media-broadband.jpg

I had the shock increase from £29 to £49 as my contract was in its last month, I called them and asked for the disconnection dept. they offer me £26 p/m and increased my speed from 100mb to 200mb. I suggest you give them a call.
Unless you can get fibre broadband from another provider, don't bother with the talktalk, bt, sky ADSL lines

Last edited:
I had the shock increase from £29 to £49 as my contract was in its last month, I called them and asked for the disconnection dept. they offer me £26 p/m and increased my speed from 100mb too 200mb. I suggest you give them a call.
Unless you can get fibre broadband from another provider, don't bother with the talktalk, bt, sky ADSL lines

I'll only go fibre broadband, ADSL won't do for me.

I'll give them a ring on the weekend when I am free and haggle it out with them, I just know that it won't go as well as I would like, it never does.

I'll give them a call and see how it goes.

Hello,

I received this email from Virgin Media about my broadband, the contract finishes next month and the price change is just yikes! It seems like there are many that have got this email and the price change varies.

So make sure you check when your contract runs out and either haggle for a better price or shop around for another broadband provider.

That comes to which broadband providers would you recommend and why?

Has anyone used Utility Warehouse broadband before? The reviews online don't bode well.

I'll have to ring them on the weekend and haggle for a lower price and see what discount they can offer me otherwise I'll be leaving them for good.

Thanks,
J

View attachment 77574
Read this thread:
Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Please can you pop me a link to it?
A little bit of work involved to get it but.

Sign up to o2 sim only via uswitch 20gb for £8 and when you pair it with your virgin account your data will double to 40GB and they will increase your broadband speed to the next available speed free of charge. I was on M500 package for £42. Current deal on uswitch for M500 is £38 which is great deal

A little bit of work involved to get it but.

Sign up to o2 sim only via uswitch 20gb for £8 and when you pair it with your virgin account your data will double to 40GB and they will increase your broadband speed to the next available speed free of charge. I was on M500 package for £42. Current deal on uswitch for M500 is £38 which is great deal

Ah if it's a sim only then I will leave it, I have a sim-only with Three and I am more than happy with that. I'll have a look around and see what's on offer out there.

With volt I'm on 350mb for £25 a month but regret having o2 if I'm honest despite the perks you get from volt.

Contract is coming to an end in a few months anyway so will see if they do similiar price or not and go from there.

Back