Broadband Virgin Media Broadband - Price Changes

With volt I'm on 350mb for £25 a month but regret having o2 if I'm honest despite the perks you get from volt.

Contract is coming to an end in a few months anyway so will see if they do similiar price or not and go from there.
from a poor signal point of view?

from a poor signal point of view?

Yes and when making calls the person on the other end usually says I dont sound clear and sound distorted.

Add to that internet is really hit and miss when im out and speeds are just crap.

Virgin mobile is so much more superior also.

Stuck with o2 and have to make the most of what I have now.

Yes and when making calls the person on the other end usually says I dont sound clear and sound distorted.

Add to that internet is really hit and miss when im out and speeds are just crap.

Virgin mobile is so much more superior also.

Stuck with o2 and have to make the most of what I have now.
ahh not great then. If you've got an iPhone try turning on wifi calling. May help if not allready done so.

ahh not great then. If you've got an iPhone try turning on wifi calling. May help if not allready done so.
True WiFi calling and iMessage you can also have WiFi calling on android.
I’m on O2 for business calls ect no issues with distortion and virgin mobile for my own phone

A fortnight ago my price went up after the 18 month contract I had with them expired. I called to ask why is gone up so much to £52 a month and they offered me 500 broadband for £40 a month if I stayed with them for a further 18 months. I refused and gave them notice to quit.
A week later they rang back and initially offered £35 a month, said no. Went down to £32 still said no. Got it down to £30 a month after she pretended to manipulate deals.

So £30 a month for 18 months now for 500gb broadband.

A fortnight ago my price went up after the 18 month contract I had with them expired. I called to ask why is gone up so much to £52 a month and they offered me 500 broadband for £40 a month if I stayed with them for a further 18 months. I refused and gave them notice to quit.
A week later they rang back and initially offered £35 a month, said no. Went down to £32 still said no. Got it down to £30 a month after she pretended to manipulate deals.

So £30 a month for 18 months now for 500gb broadband.
My first 18 month contract is due to expire in august I am at the moment paying £29 for M200 fibre + 5GB Oomph sim that I have never used , then it will go to £52 from 12th August , so I will also try to get new deal thing is it is in my wifes name , I pay for the it wanted just to get it in my name at the time so will see how wife gets on if it comes to it will cancle and get new contract in my name still thinking about the trying business line.

After wasting 4 hours on phone over 3 attempts and also after 24 hours on WhatsApp being told that next agent is available within 24 hours, I managed to give my notice.

Surely they should anticipate extra Customer Service traffic if they are going to hike up prices by ~30 a month. Or provide means to terminate contract online.

I have just had Community Fibre installed. A bit more than 21.50 I was paying 100MB with Virgin. On 500 MB up/down using fibre to the home. 27month.

I am out of contract October 2022
Youfibre canvassing my area offered 900mb
22mb up.£22.00 with 3 month free

On receiving my confirmation, it suddenly went up in price to £30..?

I guess I will be staying with current isp. 150mb
£21.00

I'll only go fibre broadband, ADSL won't do for me.

I'll give them a ring on the weekend when I am free and haggle it out with them, I just know that it won't go as well as I would like, it never does.

I'll give them a call and see how it goes.
i gave up on virgin with their little traps that get 25% rises every year. i got fed up of haggling. i went to basic plusnet for 18 months and now get 250 t0 300mbit with talk talk gfast. free anytime calls 40 quid a month.

Glad I came across this thread - I will definitely look to move on as I've had few bad experiences with them over the call in the past few years,

I was on the 10mb package and they wapped the price up to £55

I changed to the Business 400mb package and its currently £32 + vat, around £38..

They send a much better Hiltron router out as well..

Downside is theres no telly package on the business ones

I’m actually got 1 month left on my contract with virgin but think I’m gonna get rid of the tv box and just have internet. Hoping to get it down to around £30/40 a month

We have internet and v6 box basic tv package £34 a month, that includes a phone line, even though we dont have a landline phone, but it costs more without taking the phone.

Back