VM price rise 2021 from March

Just pulled this from the net - from March 2021...........

The above inflation increase means bills will increase by 4% on average.

The hike includes customers with broadband, TV and fixed-line phone contracts who joined before June 29 2020.

Customers who are on a fixed-price promotion won't be hit by the hike until their contract ends.

Got the dreaded email about VM price hike...going up £3.50 for me ...reading the comments on here thinking I might not haggle as I am on £19.50 per month for 100mb but then am sure that locked on a promotional discount so wondering can they increase it before that ends..might ring em and try my luck.

Got the dreaded email about VM price hike...going up £3.50 for me ...reading the comments on here thinking I might not haggle as I am on £19.50 per month for 100mb but then am sure that locked on a promotional discount so wondering can they increase it before that ends..might ring em and try my luck.
Under £20 is really good for 100mb.

Be surprised if stays like that after price increase comes to affect.

I called them but they said as I'm in a locked term discount it won't apply until my contact is up next year. Why send the email then? I'm currently paying the highest I've done with them 23 quid for 100mb. Used to only pay around 15 as always called to cancel and wait for the incoming begging calls, sometimes it would take 3 or 4 calls before I'd accept. Couple years ago they never called back after the first offer at all but luckily a deal was on with credit applied that worked out 18 quid a month, did it in the missus name and never lost a days service! Ended up taking 23 this last time. Can't beat that elsewhere for my area, can only get max speeds of around 30mb on BT/Talk Talk where I am. I just hate how Virgin do things, look at the amount it costs when deals end, must be loads paying fortunes and not negotiating. When I sort my folks deal out with talk talk never have much of an issue getting it down and reasonable. Give them a fake deal and try get them match it lol.

Rang them the other day and they must be trying to force a 350mbp bundle for sales. Got offered 350mbps tv and sim for £45. Asked them how much extra to go to 500mbps, £96 a month :laughing: Told them bt doing 900 for £49.99 and they dropped it to £52. Waiting on retentions to ring with a better offer or ill be off to bt

Rang them the other day and they must be trying to force a 350mbp bundle for sales. Got offered 350mbps tv and sim for £45. Asked them how much extra to go to 500mbps, £96 a month :laughing: Told them bt doing 900 for £49.99 and they dropped it to £52. Waiting on retentions to ring with a better offer or ill be off to bt

Lucky you get such fast speeds where you are mate.

Think 350mb is max here. Don't think can get 500mb not that I require such speeds lol.

Yea mate, im actually happy with the internet since buying a mains powered splitter. But would love gigabit internet and they just arent budging. Plus bt doing it for 49.99 is some deal

The legal stuff​

Your price won’t increase during the minimum period except for broadband only packages.

The deals they had were awful to the point I actually left, but actual retentions rang me couple days later. Got 500mbps, tv, phone and sim for 45 I think

The deals they had were awful to the point I actually left, but actual retentions rang me couple days later. Got 500mbps, tv, phone and sim for 45 I think
we have just signed up last week 18 month 200mb + sim + no setup charges £29 a month.

I got my letter too, I spoke to them and asked, "If I left VM how log it would be before I became classed as a new customer and reaped the benefits that you give to new customers" ? 1 month was the answer I was given (I always thought it was 6 months at least), but......he said, "you would have to pay a month in advance AND pay the setup fees"!!! Ripping off Barstewards, it is already set up, they boil my piss :rage: Can I really do without BB for a month, nah I don't think so, I would go crazy :confused:

Back