VM price rise 2021 from March

So the way they explained on the phone was each retention member gets 10 extra discounts a month to use to help get sales. So those who ring you have not used their allocation and are willing to use it to give you the best deal. That's why it's better to cancel and wait on the call back

VM have changed the way they talk you into remaining with them should you try to cancel or haggle a discount.
I've been with them for 20 years and usually if you threaten to leave they would put you through to a department whereby they'd throw deal after deal at you and beg you to stay..
This time when I rang to cancel there were no effort at all to keep me onboard.
Instead after actually arranging a disconnection date. After about a week they started ringing me with offers.
I was offered initially 350mb for £32 18 month contract. Another call about a week later offered the same deal for £28 a month.. Then the day before disconnection day they rang and offered the same deal again for £23 a month!
Nothing matches their speed and at that price I'd of been a fool to turn it down so anyone that's up for a new contract give it a try.

VM have changed the way they talk you into remaining with them should you try to cancel or haggle a discount.
I've been with them for 20 years and usually if you threaten to leave they would put you through to a department whereby they'd throw deal after deal at you and beg you to stay..
This time when I rang to cancel there were no effort at all to keep me onboard.
Instead after actually arranging a disconnection date. After about a week they started ringing me with offers.
I was offered initially 350mb for £32 18 month contract. Another call about a week later offered the same deal for £28 a month.. Then the day before disconnection day they rang and offered the same deal again for £23 a month!
Nothing matches their speed and at that price I'd of been a fool to turn it down so anyone that's up for a new contract give it a try.
Yeah always request a disconnection notice because it triggers the offers in retensions but never ever take the first deal thats offered to you because there will be better ones on offer

I think it's due to covid, alot of call centres have been closed and working from home. Makes sense they can ring you instead of being on hold for hours.

I have never actually cancelled with them where they give you the disconnection offer as usually had good deal so never needed to.

Always felt it was a hassle and probably doesn't work for everyone.

But may cancel and see if they call me or not. If not will just come back to them before the 30 days notice.

Had the email stating it’s going up £3.50 rang them and went through the automated machine if you go trough the option 4 saying your thinking of leaving an automated message said were offering a £3.50 discount press 1 to accept, worth a go if you’ve also had £3.50 price hike, I’m paying £26 for 100 Broadband for reference

Had the email stating it’s going up £3.50 rang them and went through the automated machine if you go trough the option 4 saying your thinking of leaving an automated message said were offering a £3.50 discount press 1 to accept, worth a go if you’ve also had £3.50 price hike, I’m paying £26 for 100 Broadband for reference
Never accept the first offer, they can always do better. But also be nice on the phone as being an a** will mean they are less likely to give you maximum discount

No letter or email was sent to me confirming price increase was happening on 1st March.

Tried to cancel and they said termination fee of £50 is required.

Despite telling them I have had no communication or notice of when price going up. They refusing to waive of termination fees.

If had notice from them in Jan or feb would have cancelled but they sent me nothing.

So stressed now and bloody fuming. So long left on contract and have to accept the damn price increase.

Bunch of crooks, thieves and con artists like alot of companies quite frankly from who dealt with!!!

No letter or email was sent to me confirming price increase was happening on 1st March.

Tried to cancel and they said termination fee of £50 is required.

Despite telling them I have had no communication or notice of when price going up. They refusing to waive of termination fees.

If had notice from them in Jan or feb would have cancelled but they sent me nothing.

So stressed now and bloody fuming. So long left on contract and have to accept the damn price increase.

Bunch of crooks, thieves and con artists like alot of companies quite frankly from who dealt with!!!
How much is your contract going up mate?

How much is your contract going up mate?
Think it's £3.75

Even told them by law I have every right to leave for free even where you sent no letter or email to me.

Their response "we sent everyone the letter"

Guess mistakes cant happen with these big corps.

Screw the speeds, enough is enough I think now when contract is up will leave them for good. They can bloody do one.

Think it's £3.75

Even told them by law I have every right to leave for free even where you sent no letter or email to me.

Their response "we sent everyone the letter"

Guess mistakes cant happen with these big corps.

Screw the speeds, enough is enough I think now when contract is up will leave them for good. They can bloody do one.
What is the total price and the package you are on? Pain in the ass the price hikes.

I am just fed up and had enough mate. Always getting shafted by the big corps. Price increases for producsts/services they sell and then try to lower it to few quid if lucky isnt anything good imo. You guys lucky to get such good deals damn jealous lol.

Now its £28.45 for 100mb and basic landline.

I am just fed up and had enough mate. Always getting shafted by the big corps. Price increases for producsts/services they sell and then try to lower it to few quid if lucky isnt anything good imo. You guys lucky to get such good deals damn jealous lol.

Now its £28.45 for 100mb and basic landline.
I pay £18 for 100mb no phone line...I would ring and give notice to cancel and wait for them to ring you...dont go with first offer but you should get cheaper than what your on now

I pay £18 for 100mb no phone line...I would ring and give notice to cancel and wait for them to ring you...dont go with first offer but you should get cheaper than what your on now

Wish that was me mate.

I cant cancel for free mate they want £50 termination fee.

Funny thing NEVER received a single letter or email of notice of price increase from them but they saying everyone has got it.

So I am screwed as stuck with the increase for about 6 more months. But think will just leave them and go to someone else as had big arguement earlier on and bloody stressed over it.

Spoke to mate a while ago, he is a solicitor got good advice from him.

Basically said put formal complaint in and then that will be passed on to the ombudsman which will cost VM around £150 for ombudsman to look at the complaint

Now doubt much will come of it but will try it when phone them again.

They might send you deadlock letter or whatever is called :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Threatened me with that earlier on if left without paying termination fees as its "company policy"

Load of BS I smell
I would submit formal complaint....then when you cant settle complaint they send you the deadlock letter and threaten to go to ombusdman...Did that to nowtv once offered me £35 but after I threatened ombusdman gave me £112 for loss of service

Back