VM price rise 2021 from March

I would submit formal complaint....then when you cant settle complaint they send you the deadlock letter and threaten to go to ombusdman...Did that to nowtv once offered me £35 but after I threatened ombusdman gave me £112 for loss of service

Ye he said something like that lol.

So once complaint is put in and they dont sort complaint out does it get passed on to ombudsman?

Just dont want to incur any charges on my end for VM's own F up.

Ye he said something like that lol.

So once complaint is put in and they dont sort complaint out does it get passed on to ombudsman?

Just dont want to incur any charges on my end for VM's own F up.
Lol just realised we typed same info...they close complaint send you the deadlock letter then your free to go online and complain to ombusdman...keep log of all contact and wont cost you anything

Lol just realised we typed same info...they close complaint send you the deadlock letter then your free to go online and complain to ombusdman...keep log of all contact and wont cost you anything

Ok fair enough mate.

Seems long and drawn out process tbh.

But so peeved off for being screwed over by them and them not accepting their own mistake, I really really want to teach them a lesson and make them understand they cant lie and get away with sneakily increasing prices to other customers without notice being sent.

I pay £18 for 100mb no phone line...I would ring and give notice to cancel and wait for them to ring you...dont go with first offer but you should get cheaper than what your on now
Yup I pay £21.50 for 100MB and no Line. I always threaten to leave when my contract ends and rises. Always good to haggle and wait for retentions. You struggle just phoning up and getting a deal it's only when retentions calls that you get a solid deal.

I've just phoned them to cancel and the first person said £35 per month so I said no as Vodafone is £26 a month, she then past me onto the cancellation team and he offered me £24 a month.

I could have waited for retention team to give me a better deal but I'm happy with that and saving over half of what I was originally paying

I've just phoned them to cancel and the first person said £35 per month so I said no as Vodafone is £26 a month, she then past me onto the cancellation team and he offered me £24 a month.

I could have waited for retention team to give me a better deal but I'm happy with that and saving over half of what I was originally paying

Ye sometimes you may get a good deal even without giving a cancellation notice.

Good deal you got seeing as what you were paying before mate.

Is this just broadband only with VM, like with no landline phone?
I see many of the comparisons on USwitch include a landline phone line but I dare say they don't include free calls at weekends.

I see many of the comparisons on USwitch include a landline phone line but I dare say they don't include free calls at weekends.
Just fiber broadband only. Sometimes they are actually cheaper with a landline rarther than just internet only. I just had no need for a landline with virgin fibre. I don't think I've actually used a house phone for about 6 years

I was on at them for years to give me a TV and Internet deal only, no landline, eventually they offered one at £4.99 a month dearer, nuts, ended up offering us another 18 months at discount price £34 a month, with the landline, we dont have a phone to connect to the line, so we will never use it anyway, but very happy with the current monthly price. Our Tivo box broke 2 months ago, so we needed an engineer to look at it before they would give us a new one, that took 5 days, but then they deducted a tenner from our next bill for the inconvenience. One other interesting thing was the engineer asked me to leave him a good review online as he gets £10 for each one extra in his monthly wage, nice wee bonus for him on top of his wage.

Generally speaking with VM you get cheapest prices if landline is included than not.

For us not tv but with 200mb BB and full phone package it's a great price paying and parents need the landline so had to get it sorted. So am happy in that regard.

ive just had plusnet 80mbit and anytime calls for the past eighteen months. then they told me price is going up from 29.99 to 41.00 when i went to talk talk they wanted me to ring for a good deal. ive now got talk talk 330 down 50 up and anytime calls. 40 quid amonth . im happy.

ive just had plusnet 80mbit and anytime calls for the past eighteen months. then they told me price is going up from 29.99 to 41.00 when i went to talk talk they wanted me to ring for a good deal. ive now got talk talk 330 down 50 up and anytime calls. 40 quid amonth . im happy.
All I can sa is well done obviously the fibre was already there because no way talktalk would install it I had been with them since they were homecall and my fastest speed was 19 mb down 2 up where as it should have been up to 65. One call to virgin media and that week end worker was out digginggarden to lay fiber cable from street to house then next week engineer came and did installation 200 mb £29.99 a month free installation talktalk was £25 :ROFLMAO: and many engineers later still could not fix my line.

All I can sa is well done obviously the fibre was already there because no way talktalk would install it I had been with them since they were homecall and my fastest speed was 19 mb down 2 up where as it should have been up to 65. One call to virgin media and that week end worker was out digginggarden to lay fiber cable from street to house then next week engineer came and did installation 200 mb £29.99 a month free installation talktalk was £25 :ROFLMAO: and many engineers later still could not fix my line.

Talk talk were rubbish company to deal with hated being with them. Was with them near enough from the start when they become Talktalk but we stuck with them for landline service more than anything.

Big burden was lifted when finally got rid of them for good.

Talk talk were rubbish company to deal with hated being with them. Was with them near enough from the start when they become Talktalk but we stuck with them for landline service more than anything.

Big burden was lifted when finally got rid of them for good.
Yes funnily enough we had house phone for years with them started off overseas calls discounts and 24/7 uk calls we eventually got rid of the home phone saved a fiver £5 think I had actually used or home phone about 3 or 4 times in a few years. For me it was just when trying to call the wife on her mobile but usually busy so would call landline , then she said one day just text me if my phone is busy :ROFLMAO: so that was it no more home phone :laughing:

Yes funnily enough we had house phone for years with them started off overseas calls discounts and 24/7 uk calls we eventually got rid of the home phone saved a fiver £5 think I had actually used or home phone about 3 or 4 times in a few years. For me it was just when trying to call the wife on her mobile but usually busy so would call landline , then she said one day just text me if my phone is busy :ROFLMAO: so that was it no more home phone :laughing:

Ye in this day and age very rare most landline is needed.

But have noticed for older and elderly people landline is still important to them especially when they are not into mobile or other technology.

its gfast so copper from the cabinet so far so good.

i

Ye in this day and age very rare most landline is needed.

But have noticed for older and elderly people landline is still important to them especially when they are not into mobile or other technology.
Yes totally agree my mother who is 86 and has had same landline number for many years would struggle without her land line
She only has internet because it's comes with the landline

Yes totally agree my mother who is 86 and has had same landline number for many years would struggle without her land line
She only has internet because it's comes with the landline

We have had our landline number dating all the way back to 80s I believe.

It's mainly because my parents friends and family only really speak and know their landline number hence why they have never been without it.

I never use it as have my mobile but for parents and even my neighbour who is elderly they can't be without the landline.

Ye seen that guessing most will get letters/email later this month to give cancellation notice before the price rise.

Bit worried as with 350mb I seriously doubt will pay same price paying now or even less. Likely will be much higher but I likely won't move as no desire to go to other ISPs.

Back