VPN Info and suggestions

Was considering making a Vpn post and wanted to know what you's thought.

I know it's a vast market out there with a number of providers, routers and different isps but I think it would be good to be able to have a structured look at some of our members speed results before and after. Also gives us a look at what equipment was used so people can perhaps set a budget more easily, they could maybe pm whomever it may be about how difficult easy the setup is, any info or problems they had that might be handy for them to know.

An example post would be

Router type: Netgear nighthawk r7000
Isp: vermin media
Isp router: vermin sh3 (modem mode)
Vpn provider: Nord
Connection type: ethernet

Screenshot_20190302_222540_com.whatsapp.png

I use Nord VPN, I do loose a wee bit of speed, from 76Mbps to 57Mbps but on the whole it's a good stable service.

Recently tried protonVPN and it was pants, speed dropped to 17 Mbps

Always interested in tested others so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears [emoji3]
How did you set up your Nord VPN? mine stopped working on the easy plugin on wooshbuid

I have my Nord Vpn configured on a router mate not on wooshbuild itself. I do believe they are working on a fix for that plugin so that other VPN providers will work.. maybe just hang tight

I have my Nord Vpn configured on a router mate not on wooshbuild itself. I do believe they are working on a fix for that plugin so that other VPN providers will work.. maybe just hang tight
Thanks, what Router do you have at the moment? name n model please

Got the E2speedtest app today to see if my speeds differ on my box. I used my original router installed Vpn first and then turned it off and moved to the Digibit plugin and tested speed again results below

First vpn
Router type: Netgear nighthawk r7000
Isp router: vermin sh3 (modem mode)
Vpn provider: Nord
Connection type: ethernet

Second VPN
Box model: zgemma h9s
Vpn provider: Digibit (Digibit wooshbuild plugin)

Screenshot_20190304_123621_com.whatsapp.png Screenshot_20190304_123637_com.whatsapp.png

The speed drop difference is massive, the h9s is a newer box and the processor may be better I can't remember the spec off hand, I will load Digibit up on the Netgear for a more fair comparison to see if the drop is as substantial

Last edited:
Ran the same Digibit Vpn tonight on an older zgemma H2H and no matter what server I choose UK Netherlands etc the drop was huge most I was able to get post vpn was 7mb.. my standard connection runs from 80-100mb. Bearing in mind there was football on so perhaps this had an effect due to the servers being busy perhaps.

Will run a test on the h9s on Saturday during football to see if it was the vpn causing the massive drop or if it was the box

Last edited:
Ran the same Digibit Vpn tonight on an older zgemma H2H and no matter what server I choose UK Netherlands etc the drop was huge most I was able to get post vpn was 7mb.. my standard connection runs from 80-100mb. Bearing in mind there was football on so perhaps this had an effect due to the servers being busy perhaps.

Will run a test on the h9s on Saturday during football to see if it was the vpn causing the massive drop or if it was the box

View attachment 37639
how did your test go last sat football and everything else blank screen 30 mins after footy finished it all came back on using digibit ,I can check on my iptv providers info sight "alternative is it working" they stopped using this vpn

how did your test go last sat football and everything else blank screen 30 mins after footy finished it all came back on using digibit ,I can check on my iptv providers info sight "alternative is it working" they stopped using this vpn

So the football isn't getting epl blocked for me this week, last week I was using Nord on my router so couldn't tell you how Digibit performed not sure what you meant with the rest of your post sorry.

I found its performance during the midweek football on an older H2H box was terrible but I believed this was due to the processing power of the device.

Tested Digibit during the pool v Burnly game there now and performance is very good in comparison to my Vpn router with Nord on.

Screenshot_20190310_124359.png

I use Nord VPN, I do loose a wee bit of speed, from 76Mbps to 57Mbps but on the whole it's a good stable service.

Recently tried protonVPN and it was pants, speed dropped to 17 Mbps

Always interested in tested others so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears [emoji3]
I have just bought nordvpn and i have it running on my zgemma h5 2s which has infinity running on it . on sunday all my channels got shut down we were told to swicth to a czech location but i didn't have that option available. i have installed the vpn using easy vpn adder plugin. should i be installing it another way that would give me more options to pick my locations?

IPVanish has increased Simultaneous VPN connections from 5 to 10. This means that you can now use your IPVanish account on up to ten devices at the same time! This is big news since the industry standard is only five connections

On a point of information I have a VPN router Gl.inet which I have running ok. But one thing is bugging me and that is mostly Google access to my email address. Which is constantly sending me critical security alerts and refusing me access to my emails. I have more or less the same problem with Ebay and Paypal whereby I get unknown device trying to access my account. The unknown account being me. I constantly confirm that it is me trying to access the accounts but still have to do so each time I go on line. I thought getting a VPN was supposed to help with security but Google seems to think the opposite. But then it is Google.:unsure: No doubt they have reasons for not liking VPNs Selfish ones no doubt. (n)

Back