VU+Uno4k OSCam

darcyyy97

VU+Uno4k - OSCam
Anyone got this working well ?

I can watch Live Tv via the box or a 2nd device. But when I record everything goes wrong...
The recordings freeze, live tv fails to decrypt every so 30/40seconds.

I have 4 proxies connecting to 2 different servers.

I know it's an OSCam issue, it says in the log

"restarting decodingrequests after 1 ms with 1 enabled and 1 disabled ecmpids!"
"not found (1554 ms)"

This is when I'm recording 1 channel whilst viewing another. Why though ? when I can watch Live TV on my box downstairs and Live TV around the house at the same time on my iPhone ?!

(Wired ethernet, 99% SNR, FTA channels 1-5 all record fine simultaneously *Because there's nothing to decrypt?*)

I've tried about 3/4 different OSCam configurations, and searched high and low. It's not a supplier issue because I could record 1 x cable channel whilst viewing 1 x cable channel on my previous box. Only thing that's changed is instead of using mgcamd, I have to use OSCam.

Even if you can't be bothered to reply, If someone could just tell me if it is defiantly possible to get the full potential out of this FBC tuner. And I'll just keep searching for answers.. Thanks.

I have this box working with two lines that work separately as well.
I installed oscam and then copied this into oscam.server and edited the line details. Don’t edit any other files

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = server,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

This works for me and I can record across the multiple tuners whilst watching something

If that doesn’t work. Stop and then delete all of your cams and follow this guide step by step. Save your line details first

http://www.techkings.org/threads/oscam-for-atv.95494/

Last edited:
I have this box working with two lines that work separately as well.
I installed oscam and then copied this into oscam.server and edited the line details. Don’t edit any other files

[reader]
label = TV1
protocol = newcamd
device = server,port
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
user = username
password = password
inactivitytimeout = 60
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,31
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 1
blockemm-s = 1
blockemm-g = 1

This works for me and I can record across the multiple tuners whilst watching something

If that doesn’t work. Stop and then delete all of your cams and follow this guide step by step. Save your line details first

http://www.techkings.org/threads/oscam-for-atv.95494/
I followed that guide, that was my initial set up. Got me connected to the servers and allowed me to watch tv. Just recording caused issues. I'm going to try yours even though most of it looks familiar.. If yours is working fine then so should mine. otherwise I'll contact my supplier.

I followed that guide, that was my initial set up. Got me connected to the servers and allowed me to watch tv. Just recording caused issues. I'm going to try yours even though most of it looks familiar.. If yours is working fine then so should mine. otherwise I'll contact my supplier.
Otherwise I’ll send you a test line and you can then rule out your supplier

Otherwise I’ll send you a test line and you can then rule out your supplier
Okay thanks for your help, just configured it all back to default and changed my readers to your format. Going to start recording now see how they come out... Thanks again either way :)

Okay thanks for your help, just configured it all back to default and changed my readers to your format. Going to start recording now see how they come out... Thanks again either way :)
You probably already have, but have you set up your tuners so they are all active and set up with the correct net id. You should have multiple ones Starting from tuner A and going up.
This may help but set each one up as cable with the netid etc

You probably already have, but have you set up your tuners so they are all active and set up with the correct net id
I haven't checked no, I can record the FTA cable channels fine at the same time. So I presumed it was not a tuner issue. Do you ever get this message ? "(dvbapi) Demuxer 0 restarting decodingrequests after 1 ms with 2 enabled and 0 disabled ecmpids!" I get it when recording other channels. The picture I'm currently watching will glitch and then it restarts as you can imagine this is ruining the recordings.

But my lines never glitch on Live tv only when recording?

Goto menu/setup/service searching/tuner configuration
How many tuner can you see there? Are they all active and setup properly with virgin a the provider and your net id?

You probably already have, but have you set up your tuners so they are all active and set up with the correct net id. You should have multiple ones Starting from tuner A and going up.
This may help but set each one up as cable with the netid etc
Just recorded a couple of 10 min samples going to watch them now i'll let you know.

I haven't checked no, I can record the FTA cable channels fine at the same time. So I presumed it was not a tuner issue. Do you ever get this message ? "(dvbapi) Demuxer 0 restarting decodingrequests after 1 ms with 2 enabled and 0 disabled ecmpids!" I get it when recording other channels. The picture I'm currently watching will glitch and then it restarts as you can imagine this is ruining the recordings.

But my lines never glitch on Live tv only when recording?
I don’t get that error message. If it doesn’t work I’ll send you a test line to try

Thanks for your help, I think it was the encryption format your [reader] example seems to have done the trick just watched 5 mins of a recording without any hiccups / glitches. I'll take a look at those other bits after the boxing. Boxings on at the moment, I just had to stream the recordings via vlc :grin: so I didn't piss anyone off. But yeah previously I couldn't record without any noticeable hiccups. I'll drop you a pm tomorrow when I know for certain it's all fine. Cheers

Thanks for your help, I think it was the encryption format your [reader] example seems to have done the trick just watched 5 mins of a recording without any hiccups / glitches. I'll take a look at those other bits after the boxing. Boxings on at the moment, I just had to stream the recordings via vlc :grin: so I didn't piss anyone off. But yeah previously I couldn't record without any noticeable hiccups. I'll drop you a pm tomorrow when I know for certain it's all fine. Cheers
Ok sounds good. When you get a chance goto your oscam browser click on config at the top and increase the the client timeout to 5000. Let me know if you need a test to try worst case

Ok sounds good. When you get a chance goto your oscam browser click on config at the top and increase the the client timeout to 5000. Let me know if you need a test to try worst case
Just checked already at 5000, I'm going to put it through its paces this evening. And let you know tomorrow. I'm certain this is an OSCam issue because my suppliers worked fine previously running mgcamd on my zgemma. And as I've already said the problem only occurs when recording. Strange considering OSCam is supposedly the holy grail of operating multiple lines at once. My recordings looked good however, I was only recording 2 programmes whilst watching the boxing live.

Back