What's your personally preferred IPTV player?

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent IPTV player for OSX?

I have an old iMac in the kitchen and it would be great to use it for IPTV. Looking for sport and catch up sport in particular. Had Smarters but it’s a bit cumbersome with a mouse. Not sure of Kodi’s catch up abilities?? Don’t mind paying a bit if it’s good.

Any suggest be great!

Update if anyone is interested in palyers for OSX...

Tried GSE SMART IPTV PRO, seems good so far. Can scrub relatively easily trough catchup content too which is nice compared to some other apps which are useless at that. Cost me 5 o 6 euro.

Tivimate and smarters seems to have a great interface. I`m facing the same issue with my current supplier where the app that they are currently offering new users aren`t that great.
What do you expect buddy he may let you change when been with them a while. Some suppliers may have a version of IMplayer very little difference between that and tivimate to be honest

Skyglass and TVQ for me. TVQ is just a plain basic layout which I like for easyness. But then SkyGlass looks really good and easy to use.

Yes both skyglass and im player are good. Only thing is that I cannot use im player on my phone as it is too hungry in resources while skyglass app is working on my phone

Flix and IBO are good apps aswell if you have a supplier who has them.

I believe they are on some smart TVs aswell

Update if anyone is interested in palyers for OSX...

Tried GSE SMART IPTV PRO, seems good so far. Can scrub relatively easily trough catchup content too which is nice compared to some other apps which are useless at that. Cost me 5 o 6 euro.
Think iptvx supposed to be good for iOS

OTT!

With my old provider, used Tivimate and GSE with no issues.
Had lots of buffer issues with this new provider. Lots of research later I found TK users recommending OTT.
OTT + VLC seemed to fix the buffer issues.

Reactions: m4u
OTT!

With my old provider, used Tivimate and GSE with no issues.
Had lots of buffer issues with this new provider. Lots of research later I found TK users recommending OTT.
OTT + VLC seemed to fix the buffer issues.
Seems like playback issue, probably h265 format?

Seems like playback issue, probably h265 format?
I'm not positive. pretty new to all of this since I started having issues and been deep diving into troubleshooting, on iptv smarters>settings the video track says "h264, N/A, 1280 x720".
Looks like I spoke too soon, I'm still having some buffer issues using OTT. enabling VLC external player worked for the most part. It seems the majority of the buffer issues are during the sport games I'm watching. Could this iptv service have bandwidth issues from the high traffic? I have a nvidia shield pro being delivered tomorrow to eliminate my 4k fire stick as the issue.

I'm not positive. pretty new to all of this since I started having issues and been deep diving into troubleshooting, on iptv smarters>settings the video track says "h264, N/A, 1280 x720".
Looks like I spoke too soon, I'm still having some buffer issues using OTT. enabling VLC external player worked for the most part. It seems the majority of the buffer issues are during the sport games I'm watching. Could this iptv service have bandwidth issues from the high traffic? I have a nvidia shield pro being delivered tomorrow to eliminate my 4k fire stick as the issue.
Seems like throttle issue. Run a VPN to check

When your saying sports games is it mainly when epl is on or on all sports like sky sports cricket ect.
Also if you change back to inbuilt player on smarters whilst watching a channel press ok and a seek bar will appear and to right you will see HW select it and it will turn red and the stream will restart.
Not every buffer issue is provider end there are numerous factors to why it could buffer
1 what speeds are you getting on your device
2 are you running on Wi-Fi or ethanet
3 how many people are on your network
4 are all fires walls off on router
5 have you done hard reboot of router
6 has anyone on his support group reported same issues as you.

Seems like throttle issue. Run a VPN to check
previously I tried with PIA -west coast stream optimized server-openvpn and still had buffer issues during games. I'll try when I get the buffer issues again, currently the channels are working fine. The issue seems to only happen during live Football and Baseball games.

Could the 4k firestick be running out of memory causing the buffer? Used fast task killer went from 345mb-635mb.
Testing the service with a Nvidia shield Pro 4k tomorrow to rule out my 4k firestick.
When your saying sports games is it mainly when epl is on or on all sports like sky sports cricket ect.
Also if you change back to inbuilt player on smarters whilst watching a channel press ok and a seek bar will appear and to right you will see HW select it and it will turn red and the stream will restart.
Not every buffer issue is provider end there are numerous factors to why it could buffer
1 what speeds are you getting on your device
2 are you running on Wi-Fi or ethanet
3 how many people are on your network
4 are all fires walls off on router
5 have you done hard reboot of router
6 has anyone on his support group reported same issues as you.
The buffering issue is only with specific channels during sporting events. I do not experience buffering on other channels like news channels during that same time, I have changed the HW on iptv smarters in the past when I was having buffer issues to no avail. I deleted and reinstalled app from different sources to rule out the app as well. Buffer persists on Baseball and football events with multiple iptv apps. My brother and Dad have similar issues using the service at other locations as well, not geo ip locked and pay for 3 connections.

1. Speeds Down-316.24mb, Up-11.16mb | With PIA VPN USA West streaming optimized connected, down-27.98mb, up 16.33.
2. Using Wifi 6 on TP-link AX11000, firestick is in DMZ mode so it should have unrestricted traffic and ports open.
3. 1 person on internet
4. Firewall is currently on, I did test with it disabled when I experienced buffering on these channels
5. I have hard rebooted the docsis 3.1 modem and router multiple times during buffer issues.
6. I'm not sure, Have looked thru the iptv streaming issue posts and read thru the suggestions which I have already done prior to posting.

previously I tried with PIA -west coast stream optimized server-openvpn and still had buffer issues during games. I'll try when I get the buffer issues again, currently the channels are working fine. The issue seems to only happen during live Football and Baseball games.

Could the 4k firestick be running out of memory causing the buffer? Used fast task killer went from 345mb-635mb.
Testing the service with a Nvidia shield Pro 4k tomorrow to rule out my 4k firestick.

The buffering issue is only with specific channels during sporting events. I do not experience buffering on other channels like news channels during that same time, I have changed the HW on iptv smarters in the past when I was having buffer issues to no avail. I deleted and reinstalled app from different sources to rule out the app as well. Buffer persists on Baseball and football events with multiple iptv apps. My brother and Dad have similar issues using the service at other locations as well, not geo ip locked and pay for 3 connections.

1. Speeds Down-316.24mb, Up-11.16mb | With PIA VPN USA West streaming optimized connected, down-27.98mb, up 16.33.
2. Using Wifi 6 on TP-link AX11000, firestick is in DMZ mode so it should have unrestricted traffic and ports open.
3. 1 person on internet
4. Firewall is currently on, I did test with it disabled when I experienced buffering on these channels
5. I have hard rebooted the docsis 3.1 modem and router multiple times during buffer issues.
6. I'm not sure, Have looked thru the iptv streaming issue posts and read thru the suggestions which I have already done prior to posting.
Try turning firewall off also American sports streams are hard to maintain it could just be his load balancers need tweaking

Try turning firewall off also American sports streams are hard to maintain it could just be his load balancers need tweaking
American sports are the only thing I want to use on this service. go figure. lol.
I had no issues with the previous service without having to modify anything on my end.

Firewall is now switched off.

I also forgot to include in the previous post after the buffering issues, I switched the DNS from router default to Googles.
Currently its
Primary DNS:
Secondary DNS:

Back