Which broadband service to go with?

Matt9096

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Me and the missus are moving into our first house next week and I still haven't chosen a BB provider yet. I've been shopping around but not sure which service to go with. I need a service that will work well with my IPTV as I have no intention of getting Sly and the IPTV will be my primary source for TV.

I've come across what looks to be a good deal with Virgin which has over 100Mbps download but only 6 Mbps upload speed, does anyone know if that upload speed would impact IPTV at all?

Any other recommendations are welcome, except Vodafone, I have no intention of going with them due to my missus' father being with them and they seem a bit rubbish and I've heard about them throttling speeds.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can give me some advice. Me and the missus are moving into our first house next week and I still haven't chosen a BB provider yet. I've been shopping around but not sure which service to go with. I need a service that will work well with my IPTV as I have no intention of getting Sly and the IPTV will be my primary source for TV.

I've come across what looks to be a good deal with Virgin which has over 100Mbps download but only 6 Mbps upload speed, does anyone know if that upload speed would impact IPTV at all?

Any other recommendations are welcome, except Vodafone, I have no intention of going with them due to my missus' father being with them and they seem a bit rubbish and I've heard about them throttling speeds.

Thanks in advance.
I have Virgin broadband and iptv all good for me mate 100Mbps download but only 6 Mbps upload speed is ok mate for iptv

What sort of upload speed do you have? If you don't mind me asking.

Do you know if a upload speed of 6 Mbps is good or bad?
I have 350 mbps and a upload speed ov 40 mbps but 6 mbps is ok it is your upload speed for iptv and 100 mbps is ok

Hi i have vm 100mbit and have iptv with no problems i also have on my 100mbit conection in use 2 tvs and 5 phones conected and my next door useing my wfi also ive had my zgemma h7 box conected via a wfi stick with no problems at all i would go with vm tbh

if you go for virgin bb which will work fine for IPTV it might also be worth considering getting a cable box and run iptv and cable

Using Virgin Media Broadband in London with 360 Mbps speed £50 month, had same in Dublin until recently changed to Vodafone Gigabit Broadband €25 month for 6 months then €50. Broadband only in both cases, no phone or tv service.

If you are looking to use iptv as main source of tv try going with a internet service that don't block as they are not on the court order ie Carphone Warehouse Do not block iptv,

Back