Whole house wifi

I am with bt broadband, have spoken to them and they want to send me some round things!!!! It will increase my monthly repayment by £12-00 ????
BT have good routers/hub I'm in a Bungalow so all speeds WiFi is good with router central in hall, the discs you are describing come with there always connected package! They offered me them for £5 but don't really need that as all devices are hard wired now!

i use 6 wifi exstenders only £13 each of flebay put them all round house and out side in garage all work great now wifi al over inside and out side of house
That’s another option, is there a name on them so I can find?? Or do I just put wi fi extenders.

there unbranded cheap ones from ebay just type in you find them starting from 7.99 up to 15 work a treat for last 3 years in house and plug any were

Wow, enough here to keep me well busy,, I will look in to all advice and let you know outcome ASAP,, enjoy your day folks.

I understand ( believe it or not) powerline afaptors/tp links etc, but even the best make little or no difference,, my router is a bt hub 1 situated in the downstairs lounge,, I have read and read about how to position router, turn it off regularlarly followed all the basic info, to no avail,, I have the formuler z 7+ box, it’s great but not so in bedroom,, any tips/ideas welcome,, cheers.

I'm not sure you are actually understanding the adapters/tp links. If you use these you use an ethernet cable directly to the device so you're no longer relying on Wi-Fi. It's 100% guaranteed to make a difference.

I am sure you are correct,, I am a complete numpty at this, however I have used to links in another room and they do help, the speed upstairs is so slow to links do improve the speed but there is little or no difference, should I be saying I need something to increase the speed upstairs, ????

I am sure you are correct,, I am a complete numpty at this, however I have used to links in another room and they do help, the speed upstairs is so slow to links do improve the speed but there is little or no difference, should I be saying I need something to increase the speed upstairs, ????
I've had WiFi extenders aswell and they are a complete waste of money for me, others may have had success with them but not me mate, buy a better router the ones you get with ISP are absolute crap.

I've had WiFi extenders aswell and they are a complete waste of money for me, others may have had success with them but not me mate, buy a better router the ones you get with ISP are absolute crap.
I agree with what you have said! But the BT hubs are one of the better ones!

I agree with what you have said! But the BT hubs are one of the better ones!
Yeah mate in all fairness you are correct bt is one of the better ones but the only real way IMO is a better stronger router, and maybe up your Internet speeds, yeah its going to cost but in all fairness if you running a normal router with 100 meg Internet and your wondering why your getting dead zones in your garage, that's the reason why

There's a reason why you can spend upwards of 500 quid on a router eg.....( hardcore gamers paradise) to me thats just not worthit unless you are a hardcore gamer but i do 100% say a better router is needed with 2.5 ghz and 5ghz, so its less congestion (basically split what u want on each side)

Deffo not a gamer, my son is and it’s mainly his bedroom that’s affected, now swinging back towards router,, it doesn’t pay to be thick in this game does it???

Maybe do some research on it bud, my advice is a better faster router, thats what I would do and have done over the years but I'm not telling you to do that as I don't know your financial situation and don't want you to do that for it not to work, I'm just giving you my advice on what I think shud be done and that's a better router and maybe up your Internet speed but just use a search engine and just search "reason for upgrading to a better router" you will find the answer there

Can anyone recommend best way to ensure gaining solid wifi signal throughout 4 bedroom house such that do not get dropping out of signal.
am getting family grief from this happening despite various extenders setup throughout house.
should I get new router or modem? If so recommended makes and models irrespective of cost, reliability and strength of signal most important factor
I have a Ubiquiti UniFi Wireless Access Point on ceiling in middle of house that provides excellent wifi all over the building.
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO-E UniFi AP AC PRO-e - (Enterprise Computing > Wireless Networking): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
I also have a HP 1410-24G J9561A network switch (£20 eBay) that distributes Vodafone 1gb broadband through Cat6 cable to a MK K3565DABWHI socket in every room. Was previously on VM 1gb broadband until Vodafone came along with better offer €25 month.

get a mesh router, turn your existing router into modem mode and connect mesh router to it, gives you 2 or 3 routers around the house, all using the same SID so if using a mobile device it will connect to one with stongest signal, no need to try to connect to a different extender, and normally can hardwird via ethernet to the 'satelite' routers. Ive got a set of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M4-Seamless-Coverage-Replacement/dp/B07NH1J543/ - not cheap but better than homeplugs or wifi extenders hands down

get a mesh router, turn your existing router into modem mode and connect mesh router to it, gives you 2 or 3 routers around the house, all using the same SID so if using a mobile device it will connect to one with stongest signal, no need to try to connect to a different extender, and normally can hardwird via ethernet to the 'satelite' routers. Ive got a set of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M4-Seamless-Coverage-Replacement/dp/B07NH1J543/ - not cheap but better than homeplugs or wifi extenders hands down
these any good mate? im looking into getting something like this, im with vodafone internet and for the house being brick on the ground floor and wood/stud walls on the top floors the wifi is pretty pants it seems, so signal tp links have been used up stairs which have helped massivly in the last month but these look pretty interesting

these any good mate? im looking into getting something like this, im with vodafone internet and for the house being brick on the ground floor and wood/stud walls on the top floors the wifi is pretty pants it seems, so signal tp links have been used up stairs which have helped massivly in the last month but these look pretty interesting
Mesh systems are good bud I have the bt whole home mesh system and just place them where black spots are and basically your phone will auto connect to each pod if in a separate room

I have 2 of the ones recommended by grog and they have sorted our black spots out , highly recommended .
my dad has the Amazon eero’s and there not as good , they don’t always connect you to the nearest one.

I used to get drop outs now and again, normally just one device or another. Installed these and not had a problem. I got 3 which may have been an overkill for the size of our 3 bed house, but each unit has 2 etherenet cables so I have one near router in back room, one in front room with tv and enigma2 box connected via ethernet and then one in bedroom for 2nd enigma2 box. Nothing has dropped out since, and wifi is all over and stronger in garden than it was before, wish I had got them a lot sooner

I used to get drop outs now and again, normally just one device or another. Installed these and not had a problem. I got 3 which may have been an overkill for the size of our 3 bed house, but each unit has 2 etherenet cables so I have one near router in back room, one in front room with tv and enigma2 box connected via ethernet and then one in bedroom for 2nd enigma2 box. Nothing has dropped out since, and wifi is all over and stronger in garden than it was before, wish I had got them a lot sooner
These mesh systems seem really immersive with getting rock solid WiFi signal around the house.

Would you say you get close to full speeds around the house with these?

These mesh systems seem really immersive with getting rock solid WiFi signal around the house.

Would you say you get close to full speeds around the house with these?
never really checked, as I have 500mb bb and there is only two of us so whatever speed I am getting is plenty fast enough for all our devices, smart lights, phones, tv/firestivcks. enigma boxes and laptops

Back