Will you be giving up wearing a face mask?

I feel sorry for those anti vaxers. Come the 19th July they will be highly vulnerable and more susceptible to Joe Public full on and maskless and they will run the possibility of long term issues.
A friend of mine still has issues from Covid19 nearly 12 months on.
The other problem is people who do contract Covid after the 19th. Will they bother going for a test then miss work payless ?

Nope

Covid-19 will explode, it will go through the roof. Mark my words, variants will appear that's what viruses do.
Mask do at some point have to end but not everywhere, not right away too much too soon ?
Once the horse has bolted you'll never get him back in

I don't wear a mask in supermarkets to protect myself as I am double vaccinated and even though I do struggle a bit to breathe while wearing one, because of my emphysema, I still wear one in supermarkets to protect people like you who have to be there. I don't mind the staff not wearing a mask at the till if they are behind the screen but I wish they would stop all those, mainly ignorant and selfish teenagers, from going in in groups who never wear a mask or respect the staff.

I don't believe any of us should have an expectation that ordinary shop workers should have the responsibility to stop customers entering the shop. That responsibility will be that of the store's management or their security contractor.

I was in a shopping mall the other day and spotted a group of 4 strong fit and healthy teenagers, all not wearing a face covering, walking past two shopping centre security staff who certainly weren't brave enough to remind them
of the shopping centre's policy, so after seeing that, I have my consideration for ordinary shop workers, who's primarily there just scan customer's goods.

I don't believe any of us should have an expectation that ordinary shop workers should have the responsibility to stop customers entering the shop. That responsibility will be that of the store's management or their security contractor.

I was in a shopping mall the other day and spotted a group of 4 strong fit and healthy teenagers, all not wearing a face covering, walking past two shopping centre security staff who certainly weren't brave enough to remind them
of the shopping centre's policy, so after seeing that, I have my consideration for ordinary shop workers, who's primarily there just scan customer's goods.
I agree the larger shops, and especially the supermarkets, should have had security who were able to force anyone entering to wear a mask and to wear it correctly or they were not allowed to enter and they should have refused to serve them. I never blamed the staff for not telling them as there are too many idiots allowed to walk our streets these days without their carer or responsible adult being present to control them.

i've been having a mooch round the bbc website tonight, reading through the comments on the main story regarding july 19th lifting of restrictions.

i rarely comment on there as it's seriously full of idiots who have no idea that other peoples opinions may actually be factually correct vs their own.

anyway, this is the way i see it -

wear a mask if you want to, it's not going to do a damn thing, even if it works, for the majority of the public.

people are wearing the same mask day in , day out, not washing them or sanitising them, taking them on and off with dirty hands between shops, bars, public transport etc, putting them in their pockets, on their wrists and then putting them back on again :LOL:

the chances of them having any effect is minimal in the way they are being used.

as for reopening on the 19th my belief is we are aiming for an engineered type of herd immunity.

case will fly up, i'm sure of that, but deaths will remain low.

we have a vaccine that appears to prevent serious illness or death in the majority of vaccinated people as opposed to those who are not.

if you choose not to be vaccinated then thats entirely your choice but the country and world needs to get back to some sort of normality (y)

I hate wearing them and can’t wait to see the end if it ever comes.
but I do understand everyone has a choice and it’s up to the individual.

wear a mask if you want to, it's not going to do a damn thing, even if it works, for the majority of the public.

people are wearing the same mask day in , day out, not washing them or sanitising them, taking them on and off with dirty hands between shops, bars, public transport etc, putting them in their pockets, on their wrists and then putting them back on again :LOL:

the chances of them having any effect is minimal in the way they are being used.
When you have a cold or the flu do you not bothering coughing or sneezing into a tissue or do you simply cough or sneeze into a a nearby persons face ?
Doing it into a tissue then binning it reduces the chances of spreading it to someone else, similarly wearing a disposable mask then binning it stops you spreading the virus to someone else, even if you have it bit are asymptomatic or even if you have been double vaccinated.

It shouldn't be up to the choice of an individual TheMacMan as the people who selfishly refused to wear a mask before will definitely refuse to wear one to protect others now and most of them will probably the antivaxxers who will be spreading it.

When you have a cold or the flu do you not bothering coughing or sneezing into a tissue or do you simply cough or sneeze into a a nearby persons face ?
Doing it into a tissue then binning it reduces the chances of spreading it to someone else, similarly wearing a disposable mask then binning it stops you spreading the virus to someone else, even if you have it bit are asymptomatic or even if you have been double vaccinated.
absolutely correct.

you missed my point.

people are generally not wearing disposable masks then binning them, they are using the same piece of rag time and time again (n)

absolutely correct.

you missed my point.

people are generally not wearing disposable masks then binning them, they are using the same piece of rag time and time again (n)
Even if they wear the same one over and over it will stop more of the aerosol droplets hitting someone else more than just wearing nothing at all over their mouth and nose.

Even if they wear the same one over and over it will stop more of the aerosol droplets hitting someone else more than just wearing nothing at all over their mouth and nose.
it may well do, you are correct.

the virus is already out there, its not limited to people directly coughing on you.

my point is, if you are going to wear a mask wear it and use it correctly.

i have yet to see one person pulling new masks out of their pockets and binning the one theyve been using for the last 5 minutes,

i also can't remember seeing anyone take a mask off, sanitise their hands, then pick a new one out and put it on when they next need to?

people simply do not do it, they think having a mask on is enough.

but it won't stop you catching covid off your filthy mask :whistle:

Tbf they are hardly used by the young properly. The only reason that many wear one atm is due to them being made compulsory in shops and indoor spaces. Soon as the rules relax, many will choose to stop wearing them and with a huge rise in cases it will be a huge test of how effective the vaccine really is.

Why don’t you run for government so that you can control what people do.
Just banter don’t take it serious :laughing::laughing:
I would have done if I had known how much they made for doing so little, especially with all the expenses they used to get for two homes and the other fiddles they got before the expenses scandal broke when I was in my 20s, and even after that they got a massive pay increase and are still getting away with more than we will ever know.

I use my own logic and common sense, as it is obvious that wearing a mask must stop some of any virus you may have spreading to others, unless you do like the guy in the video and don't just breathe out normally but blow the vape or smoke out at a much higher pressure.

Have any of you actually done your own research, or are you just happy to listen to the fear mongering and take everything you see on your telly as fact?

Are Face Masks Effective? The Evidence.
Yeah, I did my own research right at the beginning, and that's why I've never had any faith in face coverings preventing the spread of the Wuhan virus (covid-19), so I'll not be any more concerned
to see people stop wearing their face mask. I think the only beneficial action we could take is social distancing, ok 2m might help, but in fact other scientists I've listened to say it needs to be 8 metres.

Last edited:
I think the only beneficial action we could take is social distancing, ok 2m might help, but in fact other scientists I've listened to say it needs to be 8 metres.

Or we could just go down the old tried and tested route and start hugging each other again, remember that old herd immunity thing?

Apparently we need to rewrite the medical history books, as the only way to herd immunity now is a vaccine.

Personally I’d rather look after myself and top up on vitamin D during the winter months, than have a needle in my arm every few months.

We take a risk every time we get out of bed in the morning, so to those who go through life in fear of death, I feel sorry for them because they aren’t living.

The Covid-19 Pandemic Is Really A Vitamin D Deficiency Pandemic

Or we could just go down the old tried and tested route and start hugging each other again, remember that old herd immunity thing?
Apparently we need to rewrite the medical history books, as the only way to herd immunity now is a vaccine.
Personally I’d rather look after myself and top up on vitamin D during the winter months, than have a needle in my arm every few months.
We take a risk every time we get out of bed in the morning, so to those who go through life in fear of death, I feel sorry for them because they aren’t living.
The Covid-19 Pandemic Is Really A Vitamin D Deficiency Pandemic

Yes, I meant if we were going to have a proposal to stop the spread of covid-19 between each other then I'd agree with the scientists who looked
into this that 10m + would do the trick, ignoring of course the practicality of this, but it wouldn't be silly face coverning, evidence prevails of that.

I think when it was discovered way back around March 2020 that Covid-19 wasn't as deadly as Ebola, we should have been going down the route
of 'herd immunity' as I'm sure was hinted by Dr Michael Yeadon. I still do, I think there's been a massive over-reaction by governments across the
world.

As to whether covid-19 is due to a lack of Vitamin D deficiency, I'm not sure, but that kind of research should be considered, I'll
have a look at your link later on..

It’s not quite that simple. One reason for vitamin D deficiency in warmer countries is that people with darker skins are less able to absorb vitamin d.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/nbu.12349
You’re right, but the higher levels of sun cancel higher levels of pigmentation.

There’s also California, Florida, Spain, Italy, Australia to an extent too - all these areas have a lot of sun and large outbreaks

Back