Will you be giving up wearing a face mask?

It is still better to not get ill at all, even if you are not left seriously ill for the rest of your life with long covid or even die, when a couple of simple thoroughly tested and proven to be safe vaccinations will probably prevent you from getting it at all and so passing it on to others but in the rare event that you do still catch it then it will be a very mild illness that you will easily and quickly recover from and will be very unlikely to pass on a potentially deadly amount of the virus on to others.

It’s not though, like I said, 0.19% of the population have died from covid. Not everyone in the U.K. has had covid, so that 0.19% includes all people who have had covid and then died.

Maybe I wasn’t been clear enough, and maybe you didn’t catch the last few seconds of the video I posted, so I’ll try and elaborate.

The risk of dying worldwide, from Covid if you have it is statistically on average 2.1%, depending on age, health status, and ethnicity etc. But 99.77% of the population statistically don’t have it, or to be more accurate, haven’t been tested positive, so we have to add in that extra factor into the equation, so we take the 0.21% and times it by 0.23%, which is the risk of contracting Covid and we get 0.0483. That is the average risk of dying for 99.77% of the population. I hope that clears things up.

But you are talking about the UK, so let’s use their figures. The mortality rate in the UK is 0.28% based on people who have contracted the disease and then died within 28 days of being diagnosed. 99.5% of the population, which is currently over 68 million haven’t currently been tested positive, so by using the maths described above, we can determine that the average risk of dying for nearly 68 million of us, is 0.14% which is mid-way between a mild and a bad flu season. In my eyes, that’s not a pandemic by any stretch.

To base statistics on a tiny percentage of the population, and have us believe that it represents the entire population amounts to nothing more than a downright lie. As I’ve said, the media exaggerate everything, so as to keep up the level of fear, in order to keep us compliant. Governments, large corporations and the media have been doing it for the best part of a century. Hitler was once alleged to have said “Tell a big enough lie and everyone will believe it”

Another example of how they use statistics to deceive the public is India. At the height of their alleged pandemic, the media were reporting 4,000 deaths per day. Ooh, how scary is that? But as usual they never put these numbers into perspective, because if they did it would paint a very different picture.

The Indian population is currently approaching 1.4 billion, just think about that for a minute, nearly a fifth of the world’s population live in India. 4,000 deaths per day in India is equivalent to around 190 deaths in the UK. Even in the UK they managed to fudge the numbers up to 1,200 deaths a day back in January.

I feel like I’m on a roll now, so I’ll just keep going while the mood takes me. I’d also like to mention a few other strange statistics if I may. Firstly, the flu disappeared early last April, not just in the UK, but worldwide. This has been attributed to the lockdowns and social distancing, but how could we possibly eradicate the flu in two weeks flat. Why didn’t they think of it before? Just imagine the lives we could’ve saved over the years, simply by locking ourselves away.

Here’s a handy little tool from the WHO, which allows us to analyse weekly laboratory confirmed influenza deaths over a period of your own choosing. Simply punch in the start and end date of the period you want to look at.

WHO FLUMART OUTPUTS

Also, the numbers for most other major causes of death, such as cancers, other respiratory diseases and heart disease, fell dramatically to previously unseen all-time lows last year. An employee of the John Hopkins University did her own study last year in the US, and found that there were no excess deaths during the first three months of the pandemic, and the drop in numbers from other major diseases, all but exactly matched the Covid death count. Her study was deleted from the John Hopkins site a couple of days after, as I suspect it was gathering too much attention. Luckily, the study can still be found via the Way Back Machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126223119/https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2020/11/a-closer-look-at-u-s-deaths-due-to-covid-19

Maybe I wasn’t been clear enough, and maybe you didn’t catch the last few seconds of the video I posted, so I’ll try and elaborate.

The risk of dying worldwide, from Covid if you have it is statistically on average 2.1%, depending on age, health status, and ethnicity etc. But 99.77% of the population statistically don’t have it, or to be more accurate, haven’t been tested positive, so we have to add in that extra factor into the equation, so we take the 0.21% and times it by 0.23%, which is the risk of contracting Covid and we get 0.0483. That is the average risk of dying for 99.77% of the population. I hope that clears things up.

Thanks, that has cleared things up, I know now where you made an error in your calculations.

You’ve taken the 0.23% as a static number which is incorrect, as it’s exponential growth not linear (this is why everyone talks about the R number, which is already over 1 I understand - so your number is not even correct for today).

your number is not even correct for today).

The data is evolving, and will keep evolving as time progresses, so you are right to say that the actual figure is not correct at the time of posting. It will never be correct, just as the 0.21% figure will keep changing, but we can only use the data available to us at any given point.

The fact remains that for the vast majority of us, the correct equation is deaths ÷ cases x (cases ÷ population) which should be close enough, even for the nit-pickers among us.

thoroughly tested and proven to be safe vaccinations

I hate to break this to you, but none of these vaccines are approved and the trials are still ongoing.

Were you shown a fact sheet for the vaccine, before it was administered to you? If not, why didn’t you ask to see it? This is known as informed consent. If you are about to undergo a medical procedure such as an operation for instance, you will be given a sheet of paper which informs you of all the things that could go wrong. You read it and then sign it if you are happy to proceed.

If you’d read the fact sheet, you would see that it clearly states that the vaccine you were about to receive is not approved and the trials are still ongoing, so anyone that tells you it is proven to be safe is a liar.

Pfizer, page 3, paragraphs 1 and 2

https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download

Moderna, page 2, last paragraph and page 3, third paragraph from the bottom

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/eua-fact-sheet-recipients.pdf

Janssen (previously named Johnson & Johnson) page 2, last paragraph, page 3, first paragraph and page 4, first paragraph

https://www.fda.gov/media/146305/download

Astrazeneca

Conditions of Authorisation for COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca

You roll the dice, you take your chance as they say.

I will probably where one in a crowded place like a supermarket. otherwise not at all. I work from home so no issues there. Problem is i should imagine i noticed i did not get a cold all year. This can not be good for the immune system.

Been supermarket couple of times last few weeks barely anyone in there are wearing masks.

I guess those who really want to wear masks when out and about will do so while those who dont want to anymore just wont.

Is the way things will be going forward with people making their own minds up if they want to wear a mask or not with it not being considered neccesary as such anymore by guidelines.

Cases are mainly rising between 12- and 24-year-olds so pretty much proves the vaccination works. I think the government is thinking of offering the vaccination to school age pupils 12 and above. My Ex-wife has just been infected she has had both jabs and didn’t even realise she had it thought it was just her hay fever playing up.

It is still better to not get ill at all, even if you are not left seriously ill for the rest of your life with long covid or even die, when a couple of simple thoroughly tested and proven to be safe vaccinations will probably prevent you from getting it at all and so passing it on to others but in the rare event that you do still catch it then it will be a very mild illness that you will easily and quickly recover from and will be very unlikely to pass on a potentially deadly amount of the virus on to others.

I love your post, even though I mostly disagree with you. It gives me an insight as to how you and others (could well be the majority) feel.

Of course its best to not get ill and do all we can to avoid getting ill, but I feel I've got to live too.
I just don't feel its right to go about worrying all the time.

I mean, I like a fish supper, in the past I've liked a drink, and even cigarette, and we've all been told its
not good for us , it can make us ill. That's before I start on how bad food is for us, the additives and saturated fats etc etc.....

Then there's the other dangers; driving a car, crossing the road... oh dear...

I don't see living as wearing a muzzle over my face, and if I'm honest, I feel its rather depressing seeing others wear a muzzle
, even though, for some, its a massive improvement, like for Jannette McCranky, First Minster of Scoatland

I only wish I did believe that:-

vaccines were thoroughly and proven to be safe
that vaccines will prevent infection from covid-19
that vaccines will prevent passing it on
that if caught, symptoms will be mild

but unfortunately evidence hasn't been presented to me, nor can it, because all the vaccines are experimental

I only wish I did believe that:-

that vaccines will prevent infection from covid-19
that vaccines will prevent passing it on
that if caught, symptoms will be mild

As far as I'm aware they have never said that the vaccine will prevent you from getting Covid or passing it on.
It should prevent the majority from dying from it and significantly reduce hospitalisations.

As far as I'm aware they have never said that the vaccine will prevent you from getting Covid or passing it on.
It should prevent the majority from dying from it and significantly reduce hospitalisations.

As we can see, there's so much misinformation being spread around that people believe, perhaps even here "that the vaccine will prevent...", even though I agree with you
that official sources have never stated this. As you say, they've said (official sources) that it "should prevent the majority from dying from it and significantly reduce hospitalisations"

Yet, I've not seen any evidence of this, and from my own point of view, given all the nonsense I heard from the government, I just can't believe them. I'm talking about the
inaccurate data over those infected, those recovered, those died from covid... etc.

As we can see, there's so much misinformation being spread around that people believe, perhaps even here "that the vaccine will prevent...", even though I agree with you
that official sources have never stated this. As you say, they've said (official sources) that it "should prevent the majority from dying from it and significantly reduce hospitalisations"

Yet, I've not seen any evidence of this, and from my own point of view, given all the nonsense I heard from the government, I just can't believe them. I'm talking about the
inaccurate data over those infected, those recovered, those died from covid... etc.
To be fair yes infection rates are going up. There are around 163000 beds available in England. Total beds occupied 118,900 Total occupied by covid 1560.So it is safe to say vaccination works. 279 of those beds are mechanical ventilation beds. It is safe to say vaccines are preventing serious illness in most cases I suppose the ventilation beds are older people and people with underline health conditions.

To be fair yes infection rates are going up. There are around 163000 beds available in England. Total beds occupied 118,900 Total occupied by covid 1560.So it is safe to say vaccination works. 279 of those beds are mechanical ventilation beds. It is safe to say vaccines are preventing serious illness in most cases I suppose the ventilation beds are older people and people with underline health conditions.
that may satisfy you (figures from where I don't know), but I'm looking for peer reviewed scientific evidence as published in a medical journal.

Last edited:
that may satisy you (figures from where I don't know), but I'm looking for peer reviewed scientific evidence as published in a medical journal.
NHS bed numbers according to the NHS. It has gone through the same trials as other vaccinations. However, I believe the deaths in fact could be overstated especially among the older age group.

They never said that the vaccines will prevent you from catching it in the same way that if you have had covid once you can get it again.
They have said that it greatly reduces the chances of you catching it and if you are unlucky enough to catch it then you would be unlikely to need to be treated in hospital and that you would be less likely to pass the virus on to others but if you did then it would be with a lower viral load so that person would not be as ill as they would have been if you hadn't been vaccinated.

I won’t be wearing a mask unless I need to (in supermarkets etc)

soon COVID will just be like a normal flu with the vaccines offered

hoping to start travelling again soon !! Yessss

Masks have been used in ASIA for 20years not for what we thought was SMOG inhalation prevention but in reality SAARS and now COVID. our future whether we like it or not is VACCINES for everything. Winter flu, covid, TB, Cervical cancer, you name it we have to endure it

I reckon this is GOD'S way of helping us to soften the blow of leaving this life, I've always hung onto the thought of staying alive but nowadays if this is the future I will definitely not miss this earth

I've enjoyed the banter of the posts tonight, it shows to me the world is 50%/50% on views of everything in the world, 51/49 at times so is that 1% a majority how else could TRUMP get elected. How else could views be expressed so VIVIDLY with false data. Mind yourselves and your families and GOODNIGHT

If I enter a shop or setting that recommends or requests it, I'll continue to wear mine. I'm going into their space, I'll respect their wishes. In my own or work space though, I'm glad to be rid of it.

I wouldn't leave my shoes on at a friend's house if they requested I took them off.

I work in a supermarket, I'm not wearing one currently, if my employer says I've got to wear one or the government says I've gotta wear one then I will.

I've been wearing one for the last year or so, I work 45 hours a week and we get a 1000 customers a day, so I reckon I've probably had it already and I've been double jabbed.

I'm not sure what a bit of cotton is supposed to stop, the cases have gone up and down whatever.

Back