Woodhbuild says 0% space on memory stick any ideas?

TheSource

TK Veteran
Hey guys for months I’ve been using my 32GB Sandisk flash stick for EPG, pausing, rewinding and the odd recording now it’s saying it’s full even though I’ve got nothing on it? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 023E6856-7533-4EC7-9D45-BD0A3E49C91E.jpeg
    023E6856-7533-4EC7-9D45-BD0A3E49C91E.jpeg
    872.4 KB · Views: 92
Check your usb stick is mounted correctly, from tv picture press the red button and then select Plugins -> MountManager

Your usb stick should be listed and show Mount:/media/hdd

If the usb stick is listed but with the wrong mount press the green button and then change the mount using left/right arrow keys until /media/hdd is highlighted and then press green button. The box will then restart. Once restarted check the file manager to see what space it shows now.

If your usb stick isn't listed then check it's plugged in the back firmly, if needs be unplug it and then plug it back in and then repeat the above.

It appears to be working again now.
Check your usb stick is mounted correctly, from tv picture press the red button and then select Plugins -> MountManager

Your usb stick should be listed and show Mount:/media/hdd

If the usb stick is listed but with the wrong mount press the green button and then change the mount using left/right arrow keys until /media/hdd is highlighted and then press green button. The box will then restart. Once restarted check the file manager to see what space it shows now.

If your usb stick isn't listed then check it's plugged in the back firmly, if needs be unplug it and then plug it back in and then repeat the above.

Thanks pal this did the trick!

Sorry to trouble you again. I had 96% free earlier and now I’m down to 60 odd %. Something seems to be using the memory.

Attachments

• 8A40C095-8ADF-40BE-81E8-77257E4CDE19.jpeg
    8A40C095-8ADF-40BE-81E8-77257E4CDE19.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Timeshift probably, I had someone call me last week with a similar issue. Menu -> setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings

Make sure enable autorecord is set to no, if you like to be able to rewind live tv set Automatically start timeshift after to 2 seconds, if you're not bothered about it then set it to Disabled. Then check the Timeshift buffer limit, the lower it is the less space it takes up. I have it set to 4 or 6 on my boxes, Timeshift last events limit, set this to 3 or 4, and timeshift checking older files in minutes I have set to 15.

Hopefully this will reduce the number of timeshift files are stored on your usb stick and therefor less space

Timeshift probably, I had someone call me last week with a similar issue. Menu -> setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings

Make sure enable autorecord is set to no, if you like to be able to rewind live tv set Automatically start timeshift after to 2 seconds, if you're not bothered about it then set it to Disabled. Then check the Timeshift buffer limit, the lower it is the less space it takes up. I have it set to 4 or 6 on my boxes, Timeshift last events limit, set this to 3 or 4, and timeshift checking older files in minutes I have set to 15.

Hopefully this will reduce the number of timeshift files are stored on your usb stick and therefor less space

Thanks pal. I have followed your instructions so hopefully that sorts out the issues. Thanks again.

Back