Wooshbuild & connecting to preferred wireless network

p4r4gh0st

Hi all,

I am running a Zgemma H2S using wooshbuild.

At home I have my ISP-issue router and then I have a netgear r7000 running off that. ALL of my devices connect to the R7000. I disable WiFi on the ISP-issue router so that it is the only option to connect.

In setting my Zgemma up I had no luck in getting it to connect to the R7000. My phone socket and where the TV is are opposite sides of the room so a wired connection isn't feasible. I used the R7000 WPS functionality to try and link the Wireless Connector to the R7000 wifi network to no avail. So, I then decided to re-activate the ISP-issue router wifi network, did the same thing with the WPS connect to the Zgemma via wireless connector and it worked first time. Turned that one off again and tried connecting to the R7000 wifi, again no luck.

Any idea what I need to do here? All other devices are connected via the R7000 without any issue. I can change them to the ISP-issue router wifi network without issue and back agin, it's just the pesky zgemma that, for some reason, will not take up the R7000 network using the WPS functionality (which is the only way the wireless connector can work).

Every time I use the wooshbuild network Wizard, it works fine for the ISP-issue router's network but if I try and connect for the R7000 it says my internet connection isn't working.

My non-IT brain thinks the issue must be somewhere between the zgemma and the wireless connector - it all works fine on the ISP-router network but not for the R7000.

Ive even tried adding the zgemma using the MAC address via access control and in the R7000 even when I have done that it is showing as an offline device (i.e. not connected to that router).

TIA.

Last edited:
Back