WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers woosh for a great build even got my old icecrypt in the spare bedroom running on it(did take a while though!)
That's good then whatever an icecrypt is lol. We weren't joking when we said it can be installed on anything. We always like to be the first with something new and I think this new Infinity has really hit the mark.

Thanks for letting us know.

@wooshman I ballsed up on WB7 and tried to a factory settings and now I can't undo.

Would this supersede my error at all? Regardless what I do I can't reflash with a USB

updating to woosh infinity from previous wooshbuild on openATV.

all gone fine to the point i have clicked to install after setting up the region etc, starting installing plugins but appears to be stuck on:

configuring engima2-plugin-extensions-epgimport

i just have the spinning circle in the top left corner?

ps using a vu+ solo2

updating to woosh infinity from previous wooshbuild on openATV.

all gone fine to the point i have clicked to install after setting up the region etc, starting installing plugins but appears to be stuck on:

configuring engima2-plugin-extensions-epgimport

i just have the spinning circle in the top left corner?

ps using a vu+ solo2
It normally downloads plugins at that point. If it it stuck the only thing you can do is restart the box with the power switch. At this point it will restart the Infinity setup again.

@wooshman I ballsed up on WB7 and tried to a factory settings and now I can't undo.

Would this supersede my error at all? Regardless what I do I can't reflash with a USB
You don't say what box you are using.

If you factory reset you have no choice but to flash from USB I am afraid.

Download openATV for your box using the link in the Infinity instructions.
Format the USB using willo's guide: http://www.techkings.org/resources/preparing-flash-drives.41/
Extract the downloaded zip file to your USB
Stick it in the box.

Depending on the make of box depends on what comes next.

It normally downloads plugins at that point. If it it stuck the only thing you can do is restart the box with the power switch. At this point it will restart the Infinity setup again.

thank you, i turned power off and back on and i am now fully loaded.

My only final question is how do i access the ABM settings? I dont have access to the Sly channels only FreeSat and want to stop them showing in my bouquets?

thank you, i turned power off and back on and i am now fully loaded.

My only final question is how do i access the ABM settings? I dont have access to the Sly channels only FreeSat and want to stop them showing in my bouquets?
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Providers -> Sky UK: FTA Only - set to yes.

This is being addressed for ease, I have a lot on my todo list.

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Providers -> Sky UK: FTA Only - set to yes.

This is being addressed for ease, I have a lot on my todo list.
ha thank you for the quick response.

Always happy to help test if required.

Can i just ask what is the East Midlands Custom option and how does it differ to say east midlands SD or HD?

HD won't work.
SD I believe will work
But have ALWAYS set to custom since my first box as that was how I was taught to do it. I have never tried even trying SD.

@dsayers2014 might know. Someone will know the exact reason I am sure, just not me.

HD won't work.
SD I believe will work
But have ALWAYS set to custom since my first box as that was how I was taught to do it. I have never tried even trying SD.

@dsayers2014 might know. Someone will know the exact reason I am sure, just not me.

ok thank you.

sorry i know i said that was final question... but i know in the past i was able to add channel number to the channel name? on both the EPG and the info bar? I cant find the setting now? I can see it as service number and name in EPG but not info bar?

ok thank you.

sorry i know i said that was final question... but i know in the past i was able to add channel number to the channel name? on both the EPG and the info bar? I cant find the setting now? I can see it as service number and name in EPG but not info bar?
EPG button -> Menu -> Service title mode - set this to Service number and service name

Thanks must go to @dsayers2014 for his work with adding channel numbers and keep going on at openATV to make it part of the default openATV releases. Because of him, channel numbers now work when using ABM for everyone on openATV.

I'm sorry I'm a bit thick, I'm trying to update from wooshbuild 7 till infinity.
I get as far as as wizard then haven't a clue? Think I'll go back to 7 ?

You are already on WB7?
If you read the instructions for installing infinity it's extremely easy, but you need to follow the instructions to the letter, you can't skim over things as you'll soon become unstuck

I had iptv addon from my provider .ipk and I've loaded that on usb and rear of box to install on wb7 however Ive tried the same with infinity this is not working do you any other way I can add this addon .ipk to my box

I had iptv addon from my provider .ipk and I've loaded that on usb and rear of box to install on wb7 however Ive tried the same with infinity this is not working do you any other way I can add this addon .ipk to my box
How are you trying to install it?

plug usb stick with ipk file on into box, if a message pops up saying something like 'install extensions' select yes, if it doesn't then press the blue button on remote and highlight plugins on the left and then select IPK Installer on the right. Select the usb with the ipk file on

Now just go through the process.

EPG button -> Menu -> Service title mode - set this to Service number and service name.

Ok so run infinity and all working fine. Apart from I am missing BBC 2 HD and Channel 5 HD?

Left it overnight thinking the auto ABM update may correct it but still nothing?

Any suggestions how to get these channels?

Plus is it also likely I'll be missing other channels also?

Apart from I am missing BBC 2 HD and Channel 5 HD?
Do you have anything for 102 and 105?
What TV region are you?

It is always hard to solve missing channels as all of the WooshBuild team have all the channels.

Did you restore settings on the initial setup? If so, make a timer backup, line backup and do a settings backup too for good measure.

Flash again and go through the setup without restoring your settings. You can restore timers and line from WB Config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back