WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I will get on the case, so I am clear, without the line, it will show free view etc? Out of interest what is the minimum size of storage for recording in your opinion?

Just like to say Thanks kiddac for creating the skin and wooshman for taking the time to make his backup image available and nice easy guide. Just installed it on my H2S and all running very nicely.

Awesome, I will get on the case, so I am clear, without the line, it will show free view etc? Out of interest what is the minimum size of storage for recording in your opinion?

Spot on selecta, with no line you have freesat. Minimum size, would be no less than 16gb I would say personally. This will do timeshift and have a film or two recorded. I have an external 320gb HDD plugged in so space on a whole isn't an issue. I would opt for a 32gb stick for about £10 from asda etc if you can't do a HDD.

Hi all!

First post. Recently bought a proper Zgemma H.S. after doing a lot of reading, and now (after some more reading!) am looking to install a build on it to get me up and running.

WooshBuild looks great and is exactly what I am looking for but can anyone confirm it will work fine on the H.S. boxes? (Apologies but wasn't able to search, H.S. is too small!)

Thanks and regards.

No sorry, this will work with H2S and H2H. The 2S has a different file structure. Kiddac's setup guild though would walk you through setting up your box step by step and end up much like a sly box give or take some tweaks.

Thanks wooshman, I've found that now and it looks like a top guide. Much appreciated!

Hi All
Just ordered my Zgemma H2S box after watching this easy to follow guide.
Thanks Wooshman for your Great work.

Hi i flashed my h2s with your image earlier. Instructions were easy to follow but i ran into problems with the EPG no matter what i did or changed the EPG would not populate. It downloaded and read the data and saved it but still did not populate, Rebooted still same so ended up reverting back to Vix.
Anyone else had the same problem?? .
And also Thanks Wooshman for the share & hardwork put into the backup and tutorial

Did you use the prev and next buttons on the remote to move through the Tabs along the top of the EPG? That is the biggest asked question.

Have a look at post number 309 on the page 16 of this thread. Seems a shame not to try again if it was just a simple keypress needed.

Wooshman... You are a legend! Thank you very much for this. Was starting to lose interest setting this up after initially getting nowhere with it.

Thanks again!

Wooshman... You are a legend! Thank you very much for this. Was starting to lose interest setting this up after initially getting nowhere with it.
Thanks again!

JanBoob you are most welcome. It was built for simplicity, ease and usability.

ps. love the username.

Last edited:

Spot on selecta, with no line you have freesat. Minimum size, would be no less than 16gb I would say personally. This will do timeshift and have a film or two recorded. I have an external 320gb HDD plugged in so space on a whole isn't an issue. I would opt for a 32gb stick for about £10 from asda etc if you can't do a HDD.

Cool cheers. Can it be set up without an external drive and then one be added at a later time or is it too much hassle?

Cool cheers. Can it be set up without an external drive and then one be added at a later time or is it too much hassle?

It can yes and really easy to add but you won't be able to pause or rewind really as you will have no where to store it until you do add a drive or usb stick.

It can yes and really easy to add but you won't be able to pause or rewind really as you will have no where to store it until you do add a drive or usb stick.

Just saves me a few nicker initially, new baby so times are hard !!!! Thanks again for the help mate, I assume I just go through the instructions missing out the HDD part

Just saves me a few nicker initially, new baby so times are hard !!!! Thanks again for the help mate, I assume I just go through the instructions missing out the HDD part

I completely understand, been there done that.

Yes, miss out steps 1 & 2 then on step 3 you storage will use the internal memory. (This is not advised and may cause your box to crash and your box to be a bit slow. If it does crash this is the cause.). Then skip step 4 and move on the the rest of the steps.

Have you not got a spare micro sd card from an old phone? Something that will just get you by? It could save a crashing box and will speed up your box. Just a thought.

Let me know how you get on without any devices.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Did you use the prev and next buttons on the remote to move through the Tabs along the top of the EPG? That is the biggest asked question.

Have a look at post number 309 on the page 16 of this thread. Seems a shame not to try again if it was just a simple keypress needed.

Hi thx for the reply wooshman i'll do a backup of my box and try that later and post my results.

My H.2S turned up this morning and i'm well impressed, the difference between my old F5S and this is crazy. Great build, guide and skin Whooshman and Kiddac!

Is there a way to set the default page to 'All Channels' when you press EPG as it currently goes to 'Last Scanned'? Ive tried reselecting and rescanning the bouquet then re-downloading the EPG. I can press Next/Prev to so its certainly not an issue just a lazy preference. Apologies if this should be in kiddac's skin thread. Thanks

Hi Steve and thanks.

If you put it on all channels and turn to BBC 1 HD then restart you box it will start on BBC1 HD. Press EPG and it will be on all channels.

If you leave it on Movies, that will show when you boot.

If you leave it on the pron channels, your misses will go nuts when she switches it on...lol

My H.2S turned up this morning and i'm well impressed, the difference between my old F5S and this is crazy. Great build, guide and skin Whooshman and Kiddac!

Is there a way to set the default page to 'All Channels' when you press EPG as it currently goes to 'Last Scanned'? Ive tried reselecting and rescanning the bouquet then re-downloading the EPG. I can press Next/Prev to so its certainly not an issue just a lazy preference. Apologies if this should be in kiddac's skin thread. Thanks

I am a bit confused by this. On pressing the EPG button the epg should open up the last bouquet you were in. So you must be in last scanned bouquet. Press tv button. Go into all channels bouquet or whatever. Press ok on a channel (press ok twice if zap preview is on). Now if you press the EPG button it should open up in that bouquet and not last scanned.

This works. I set the box up during my dinner break in a bit of a rush and must not have clicked to open the channel like you and Whoosh suggested (because i'm an idiot). Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back