WooshBuild v2 - H2S & H2H OpenATV 5.1 Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hope I'm posting in the right area. Just been trying to set up my zgemma H.2S with Wooshman's excellent tutorial but I have come across a problem. I've put the files onto a memory stick to flash the box with, but i get no flash message when initially booting up the box. Tried with various usb sticks of various sizes (made sure there is only one folder on the stick called 'zgemma'), but i think the problem might be because i'm doing the initial download of the files onto a mac. I format the usb in MS-DOS (FAT) but i don't know if this is the same as a full FAT 32 format on windows??? I'm using a repeater as the plug in for the ethernet. I presume i can't ftp the files from a mac. Is there anyway I can drop the files onto the box via the network? If anyone can help or make suggestions, I will be very grateful. Cheers

Hi all, hope I'm posting in the right area. Just been trying to set up my zgemma H.2S with Wooshman's excellent tutorial but I have come across a problem. I've put the files onto a memory stick to flash the box with, but i get no flash message when initially booting up the box. Tried with various usb sticks of various sizes (made sure there is only one folder on the stick called 'zgemma'), but i think the problem might be because i'm doing the initial download of the files onto a mac. I format the usb in MS-DOS (FAT) but i don't know if this is the same as a full FAT 32 format on windows??? I'm using a repeater as the plug in for the ethernet. I presume i can't ftp the files from a mac. Is there anyway I can drop the files onto the box via the network? If anyone can help or make suggestions, I will be very grateful. Cheers

If you have the zgemma folder on the usb stick and then the H3 folder in that there is, in effect no reason why it won't flash other than the USB stick or format of it. I do know Mac users have flashed though.

With the USB stick in the front of the box, press the Blue button, select flash online/local and then choose local. Navigate to the stick and then through the h3 folder and highlight rootfs.bin and press the flash button.

In theory, and it is from memory it should start to flash. Choose option 2 if it asks and also do not backup settings.

Something like that anyway lol

That seems to have worked Wooshman, thank you! I will continue with the rest of the tutorial now and hopefully have it up and running without further problems. Thanks again!

WooshBuild v3.00 has been released.

With brand new features for existing and new users alike, version 3 brings online flashing, simple one step line transfer from usb to box via a plugin and all future WooshBuild updates will be delivered over the air and fully configured.

New users please visit http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-transfer-plugin-basebuild-openatv-5-1-a.html and use Woobuild v3.00

Existing users, I do suggest you flash v3.00 as the process is 3 steps. And you won't lose anything.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-transfer-plugin-basebuild-openatv-5-1-a.html

THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED IN A FEW DAYS

Hi,

Have followed the guide and all gone smoothly however the sky channels are not appearing.

I have a CLIne CCcam.cfg file that I have put in the 'put your line on box' folder and run the Line_Installer.bat

I have noticed in the CMD window that it was putting it in the usr/keys folder, is this correct or should it go in the'Etc' folder?

I have checked with fileziller and it is in the usr/keys folder

Please advise it is worth me putting it in etc folder tonight when I will next get a chance or anything else you can advise?

Hi,

Have followed the guide and all gone smoothly however the sky channels are not appearing.

I have a CLIne CCcam.cfg file that I have put in the 'put your line on box' folder and run the Line_Installer.bat

I have noticed in the CMD window that it was putting it in the usr/keys folder, is this correct or should it go in the'Etc' folder?

I have checked with fileziller and it is in the usr/keys folder

Please advise it is worth me putting it in etc folder tonight when I will next get a chance or anything else you can advise?

You are putting it in the correct place, have you gone and started the cam? The second part of step 6 in the instructions?

Personally as you are so early on in the build I would upgrade to v3.00 before you go any further.

With brand new features for existing and new users alike, version 3 brings online flashing, simple one step line transfer from usb to box via a plugin and all future WooshBuild updates will be delivered over the air and fully configured.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the release of WooshBuild v3.00 - this thread will be locked in a few days. If you are only just starting to install v2.50 may I suggest you use v3.00 instead: Version 3 thread and download

Probably best to start a new thread bud. You can set your ip, gain access to the router & ensure settings are correct, then ensure there are no conflicts on the home network. Sure you are aware of all this but if in doubt do an internet search.

WooshBuild v3.00 eliminates the need to use FTP or my line transfer utility

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the release of WooshBuild v3.00 - this thread will be locked in a few days. If you are only just starting to install v2.50 may I suggest you use v3.00 instead: Version 3 thread and download

Can someone help I've flashed my box and it's flashed with no probs but it's got bit's missing if I do the tv region part of the setup and press green button the plugin brower comes up, and when I look in Usage & GUI-skin setup there is no slyk skin just metrix HD and no softcam menu can someone help am I missing something.
​many thanks in advance

Can someone help I've flashed my box and it's flashed with no probs but it's got bit's missing if I do the tv region part of the setup and press green button the plugin brower comes up, and when I look in Usage & GUI-skin setup there is no slyk skin just metrix HD and no softcam menu can someone help am I missing something.
​many thanks in advance

I don' think you have flashed with this image then to be honest. Does it look like sky when you press the EPG button? If not it is not this image.

Use the new WooshBuild v3.00 image. The link is in my signature

I'm so sorry it me been a numpty you are right Wooshman i had not flashed the image. a big thank you for doing this image.:)

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 PM ----------

Would a Alsat Superior dark motor work with this image?

Last edited:
ok tried flashing a new h.2s and for some reason its stuck on boot and wont go any further this is after i flashed using With the USB stick in the front of the box, press the Blue button, select flash online/local and then choose local. Navigate to the stick and then through the h3 folder and highlight rootfs.bin and press the flash button.

anyone help me out here please,have i just bricked my box

hi when I open the line installer I get the following invalid command message this has never happened before . it will try a couple of different combinations to log in but wont connect

ok tried flashing a new h.2s and for some reason its stuck on boot and wont go any further this is after i flashed using With the USB stick in the front of the box, press the Blue button, select flash online/local and then choose local. Navigate to the stick and then through the h3 folder and highlight rootfs.bin and press the flash button.

anyone help me out here please,have i just bricked my box

Sorry people but this is the v2.50 thread. Please repost your issues in the v3 thread.

Reflash you box using BaseBuild toffee and start again. Not sure why you are doing a local flash though?

Mike Use WooshBuild v3. This will solve this for you.

NO MORE POSTS IN THE THREAD PLEASE

USE WooshBuild V3.00

Hi, thanks for the guide. When I put the USB stick in with the unzipped Zgemma folder in the USB and turn the Zgemma on nothing is happening - just the Open ATV 5.1 symbol on screen - is there something I could be doing wrong?

You are flashing with an image which has now been superseded by WooshBuild v3.01. I thought this thread had been locked.

Please upgrade to the latest version and use that thread for support if you need it.

Due to the release of WooshBuild v3.00 - this thread will be locked in a few days. If you are only just starting to install v2.50 may I suggest you use v3.00 instead:Version 3 thread and download

dear mr woosh... I assume the majority of people on this forum, me included use the default dark skin. We cannot read your black text.

dear mr woosh... I assume the majority of people on this forum, me included use the default dark skin. We cannot read your black text.

Oh that's odd, it is a copy and paste. Thank you Mr Kiddac sir, I will try again.

Signatures don't show correctly in dark skin :-(

Due to the release of WooshBuild v3.00 - this thread will be locked in a few days. If you are only just starting to install v2.50 may I suggest you use v3.00 instead:Version 3 thread and download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back