WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mounted hdd backup restore setting work for me .

---------- Post Merged at 01:51 PM ----------

Hi woosh after re mounting my hdd done software update restore settings from my backup work for me, thought it was when mounting my hdd but it was the online software update.

Quick question, how do we know when a new alpha is available to test?
Will there be an announcement.

Edit: after installing the alpha build I was unable to restore backup settings but after installing the 25 parts to the online update I was able to restore settings.
This has however lost the new boot loader and it now shows the older one.
There is a 5.3 boot loader in the online updates but it will not install.
System info does show Wooshbuild v4.00

Last edited:
Morning all.
All 'extra' channels disappeared yesterday. Thought id wait till today to see if they came back when box updated today but nothing there just freeview. Decided to go from No 4 on Wooshbuild to update and re enter line codes. Got to No7 and message No cam files on any usb device. But put usb in laptop and files are there. Has my provider disabled my line or am i missing something obvious.

Morning all.
All 'extra' channels disappeared yesterday. Thought id wait till today to see if they came back when box updated today but nothing there just freeview. Decided to go from No 4 on Wooshbuild to update and re enter line codes. Got to No7 and message No cam files on any usb device. But put usb in laptop and files are there. Has my provider disabled my line or am i missing something obvious.
Same here

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If you are not getting premium channels you need to contact your line supplier. Nothing has changed on WooshBuild v3.03. If you say the cam importer couldn't find any files you need to look at the file names on the usb stick.

Also, if your line is in a cccam.cfg file, make sure there is no newcamd.list on the USB you use as the importer looks for that and loads that first even if it is empty.

If you are not getting premium channels you need to contact your line supplier. Nothing has changed on WooshBuild v3.03. If you say the cam importer couldn't find any files you need to look at the file names on the usb stick.

Also, if your line is in a cccam.cfg file, make sure there is no newcamd.list on the USB you use as the importer looks for that and loads that first even if it is empty.

Which is what I did to correct issue.

Lessons Learned (Mistakes made) as this was my first time flashing the box and I had to re-install openvix to recover from a boot loop.

Mistake #1 - There are many files on the web; only files containing Sh1 directory will boot on the Star H2 - Files containing h3 directory will not boot on the star h2. I tried 4 different USB drives before figuring this out.
Mistake #2 - read before you try, I spent a good hour bricking and fixing my Zgemma Star h2 wi before I realised I was not RTFM first.( Using a base build from the Zgemma site ).
Mistake #3 - Low level format an old disk using hddguru for best results, Cheap/clone disks do not work and will set you back hours. Fleabay items can be clones - use a Kingston Datatraveller 8Gb for perfect results (other vendors may work, this is only my opinion as my SANdsk would not flash the box - however it is now my EPG/recording device).
Mistake #4 - I copied both the cccam.cfg and newcamd.list files onto my USB. I even tried both N&C in the cccam.cfg file to fix. After deleting the C: and the newcamd.list Eureka!

Wooshman, amazing build - the BT Sports HD fix was the icing on the cake!

Hope this post helps cut any unnecessary posts. I've spent all day trying to figure it out and only 45 minutes fixing it after reading this thread ( I did waste 15 minutes with the cfg files)

All the best Woshman , I can't thank you enough!

Cass

PS - Where is the buy you a beer button?

Itv hd has gone....any ideas?

Got itv hd back but sky channels have gone...nline is installed

ITV HD is a free to air channel which means there is something else wrong. Even without a line you should have been able to get ITV HD.

From full screen TV, first put channel on 106
Red buton -> Softcam Panel

Have a look in there. Select cam 1 should be cccam 2.3.0 or mgcamd_1.3.8r

If that is set there is something wrong with your line details or your line, or maybe you network connection.

It's the Merseyside itv hd one that's gone/came on very briefly but very glichy .....others(london) seem.ok...any idea why?

Trying all options of getting itv to work seems to have now knocked out sly channels....very strange....very strange

Last edited:
Hi guys,
First of all brilliant tutorial, so easy to follow. Only thing for me is when I change region to Scottish West on bouquet maker channel 101 is BBC 2 and 102 is BBC 1 anyone else get this and does anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance

Started getting blue screen after like 22miniuts all time when watching. After I did updating via air. I flashed the base build from USB flash on front. Then plug in my 2nd USB hard drive back in then set up the swap then flash with online menu.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
First of all brilliant tutorial, so easy to follow. Only thing for me is when I change region to Scottish West on bouquet maker channel 101 is BBC 2 and 102 is BBC 1 anyone else get this and does anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance

Hi peerieeboy

You will have to start reading backwards through the posts I am afraid as this has been answered many many times with the solution.

Top right of the page is a "search thread" button, use that and search for custom_swap.txt

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 AM ----------

Started getting blue screen after like 22miniuts all time when watching. After I did updating via air. I flashed the base build from USB flash on front. Then plug in my 2nd USB hard drive back in then set up the swap then flash with online menu.

If it is always 22 minutes it means the box has just started to do something it doesn't like. Personally I would backup your settings.... Blue button -> backup settings, then do a flash online and re-flash v3.03. Blue button -> flash online / local -> Green button, and choose WB v3.03

Then blue button -> restore settings.

Brilliant, thanks whooshman
Hi peerieeboy

You will have to start reading backwards through the posts I am afraid as this has been answered many many times with the solution.

Top right of the page is a "search thread" button, use that and search for custom_swap.txt

---------- Post Merged at 07:54 AM ----------

If it is always 22 minutes it means the box has just started to do something it doesn't like. Personally I would backup your settings.... Blue button -> backup settings, then do a flash online and re-flash v3.03. Blue button -> flash online / local -> Green button, and choose WB v3.03

Then blue button -> restore settings.

Hi Folks,

Got to the stage where I am trying to enter my line. Cant edit that CFG file as I don't have the software, is there a way to manually enter a line through FileZilla,

Thanks for the help & many thanks wooshman

edit: have entered through filezilla but not getting my lines premium channels

Got it after some messing around,

Thanks again woosh

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Got to the stage where I am trying to enter my line. Cant edit that CFG file as I don't have the software, is there a way to manually enter a line through FileZilla,

Thanks for the help & many thanks wooshman

edit: have entered through filezilla but not getting my lines premium channels

Got it after some messing around,

Thanks again woosh

Well done on getting it going. Sometimes no help is help in an indirect way as you sorted it yourself.

In future, if you are running Windows you can open the cfg file with notepad or wordpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back