ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Set up issue

sr9429

Hi, some help needed if possible. just got a new ET8500 pre loaded with openvix, 1 sat tuner 1 cable. as i have cable in my house, i set it so the c tuner is only connected. have go through this set up
Guide How set up an E2 combo box with vix image
but when i scan i am getting no channels, i get an error saying tuner config is wrong? i have rechecked it but at a loss as to what is wrong. i have ran the wizard etc, and my network connection is fine. i restarted the box and it has been on the openvix screen saying please wait for the last 15mins

Have you set your tuner to DVB-C in tuner setup?
Are you using ABM to scan for channels? If so have you set your provider and netid correctly?

Have you set your tuner to DVB-C in tuner setup?
Are you using ABM to scan for channels? If so have you set your provider and netid correctly?
Hi, yes i set DVB-C on tuner and used ABM, and used the right provider to match my netid, as taken from my tivo box. i just put in the 5 numbers?

Why is it Tuner C if you've only got 2 tuners?

I would try an automatic scan in tuner setup and see what that brings in.

Yeah I understand willo, tuner A is my cable connection, I have got tuner B my sat connection as not connected. As well as not getting any channels on scan. The vix screen remains saying please wait? Is this normal

Hi, some help needed if possible. just got a new ET8500 pre loaded with openvix, 1 sat tuner 1 cable. as i have cable in my house, i set it so the c tuner is only connected.

I think this bit has confused me :confused: So what you are calling the c tuner is actually Tuner A?
Make sure only tuner A is enabled and your only provider is Virgin.
Try an automatic scan and see if it's picking up any channels, then try to scan with ABM again.

As a side note I often find that some ABM errors can disappear after a full reboot.

The 'please wait' is just the backdrop that is shown during booting. You're getting it on screen permanently just because you haven't got a TV picture yet.

I think this bit has confused me :confused: So what you are calling the c tuner is actually Tuner A?
Try an automatic scan and see if it's picking up any channels, then try to scan with ABM again.

As a side note I often find that some ABM errors can disappear after a full reboot.

The 'please wait' is just the backdrop that is shown during booting. You're getting it on screen permanently just because you haven't got a TV picture yet.
yeah sorry about that, i was refering the c tuner as my cable tuner which is tuner A lol sorry

yeah sorry about that, i was refering the c tuner as my cable tuner which is tuner A lol sorry

yeah just done an auto scan, still nothing, tried a manual and ABM, i know its something simple but cant get my head round it

yes i have a sat dish, used it on my old blade box. i now use cable at home, and have connected this new box via a splitter from my tivo box. sat dish is not connected to anything

If the error message is saying the tuner config is wrong, I would say the fault is more likely to be the cable or the tuner faulty.
Out of interest, why have you bought a box with a sat tuner if you haven't got satellite?

Moshi you are a genius. problem solved. im so sorry was convinced i done everything right.
But i had my redundant sat cable connected to my cable tuner, on my box, my own fault for having the cables stuck behind my cupboard. please feel free to slap me, but didnt even think about a wrong connection until moshi mentioned my sat dish
Again sorry guys and a big thank you for bearing with me

If the error message is saying the tuner config is wrong, I would say the fault is more likely to be the cable or the tuner faulty.
Out of interest, why have you bought a box with a sat tuner if you haven't got satellite?
got a sat tuner just in a small glimmer of hope it came back. mainly got the box for iptv, and see if i could run a cable line on it

Back