Youtube Premium (Price Rise)

siilver

TK Veteran
Got an email from Youtube Premium (Turkey) about the prices rises starting 21st November.

going from
TRY 25.99 / £1.25 to TRY 59.99 / £2.88 for the family account

Just seen this as well guys.
What will everyone do?

Im currently on a an Argentinian account and its served me well but looks like Turkey will be cheaper in the long run.

Will you guys keep paying for a sub or will you leave your current account and jump to some where cheaper (lile Turkey)?

*Update: Just cancelled my sub to Youtube.
Cant justify paying 3 times i was before just to block ads on my TV!!

Guess i have to go back to suffering the ads again :(

Last edited:
Just seen this as well guys.
What will everyone do?

Im currently on a an Argentinian account and its served me well but looks like Turkey will be cheaper in the long run.

Will you guys keep paying for a sub or will you leave your current account and jump to some where cheaper (lile Turkey)?

*Update: Just cancelled my sub to Youtube.
Cant justify paying 3 times i was before just to block ads on my TV!!

Guess i have to go back to suffering the ads again :(
Try subbing via India

Got same about increase...in scheme of things still worth it for us in UK ...but the price hike in turkey and especially Argentina are crazy lol 4x ..how the locals afford that 🤯

Can't mate india made Google block all foreign cards 😡
No they don't just create an Indian Google account while being connected to an indian vpn with a fake Indian address and you should be able to use your card. I did for the USA the other day,I don't see why it would not work for india. Turn of the vpn before you add your card information.

No they don't just create an Indian Google account while being connected to an indian vpn with a fake Indian address and you should be able to use your card. I did for the USA the other day,I don't see why it would not work for india. Turn of the vpn before you add your card information.
Give it a try lol...it won't work ...it does for most others but won't for India.

I pay in Indian Rupee and not yet had an email, paid ₹189.00 this month and just logged into my Yt account and still shows that price for my next payment due on November 21st

I did notice though, last month sterling account showed the payment as international payment and the exchange rate, this month it just shows as online payment and no exchange rate, just GBP price. Not sure if significant or just not showing as international yet as payment only came out on Friday.

I pay in Indian Rupee and not yet had an email, paid ₹189.00 this month and just logged into my Yt account and still shows that price for my next payment due on November 21st

I did notice though, last month sterling account showed the payment as international payment and the exchange rate, this month it just shows as online payment and no exchange rate, just GBP price. Not sure if significant or just not showing as international yet as payment only came out on Friday.
No price increase for india mate ...and don't let it expire etc as probability is you won't be able to get that again with a non Indian card.

No price increase for india mate ...and don't let it expire etc as probability is you won't be able to get that again with a non Indian card.
This must be a fairly recent change as my card had fraudulent activity on it Last month and I had to get Starling bank to cancel the card and issue a new one, this meant the youtube payment failed and I had to update my youtube payment with new card details which they then duly took the September payment and Octobers last week.

Yesterday signed up for the yt premium family plan free trial via the Turkey route using Surfshark shark vpn…will it renew after free trial ok as some post online are saying revolut card don’t work

Hi, I’ve got YouTube premium family plan trial (via vpn turkey) I’ve sent invites to 4/5 family members and all theres worked out fine.However for my last invite won’t seem to work….I get to the last 2-3 steps of joining the family plan but then it goes to “you don’t seem to be in the same country as the person sending you the invite”

Can anyone help? Tried even clearing cookies,incognito mode but getting the same message

Hi Shiv
Your mistake was your suppose to add all your family members first then sign up to Yt via the VPN route.
I'm surprised you managed to add a few members whilst you were on the vpn as I normally got the dreaded 'This member isnt in the same country as you'

Not really sure how you can change this now?

Maybe let the sub expire and retry adding any missing members (without the vpn)?

Last edited:
Hi Shiv
Your mistake was your suppose to add all your family members first then sign up to Yt via the VPN route.
I'm surprised you managed to add a few members whilst you were on the vpn as I normally got the dreaded 'This member isnt in the same country as you'

Not really sure how you can change this now?

Maybe let the sub expire and retry adding any missing members (without the vpn)?
I’m very surprised…I literally added someone on the family plan 2-3 days ago without any issues and others were done like within 24hrs when I got the trial.

Hope some of the members can help with this issue

Back