Youtube Premium (Price Rise)

I’m very surprised…I literally added someone on the family plan 2-3 days ago without any issues and others were done like within 24hrs when I got the trial.

Hope some of the members can help with this issue
The account your trying to add...is it a new Gmail account or established for a while...had person whose account it is got payment details attached to it?

The account your trying to add...is it a new Gmail account or established for a while...had person whose account it is got payment details attached to it?
Hi, it’s a well established hotmail account…not sure if it’s got payment details attached. At first I was thinking maybe it’s because it’s a Hotmail account and not a Proper gmail account. Also are you thinking it may have uk payment details already attached and that’s why it’s not going through successfully?

Hi, it’s a well established hotmail account…not sure if it’s got payment details attached. At first I was thinking maybe it’s because it’s a Hotmail account and not a Proper gmail account. Also are you thinking it may have uk payment details already attached and that’s why it’s not going through successfully?
Basically the account your adding needs to be from same country ...hence if the accounts has payment info then it's already allocated to a country...only way would be delete the payment profile and change the it to the turkey in this case then try with vpn on when your accepting request...its a faff but has worked for me...easier way would be add first as other chap said

Basically the account your adding needs to be from same country ...hence if the accounts has payment info then it's already allocated to a country...only way would be delete the payment profile and change the it to the turkey in this case then try with vpn on when your accepting request...its a faff but has worked for me...easier way would be add first as other chap said
Sorry to sound dumb but could please guide me through the method to add them first….I’ve got a few more family and friends I want to do this for and will setting up a new account soon so would be handy to know this method aswell

not sure how true that is, I signed up to yt using my normal gmail address, paid with a UK card but pay in Indian Rupee for Premium Family,

not sure how true that is, I signed up to yt using my normal gmail address, paid with a UK card but pay in Indian Rupee for Premium Family,
Same here…made a new gmail account, signed up to yt turkey….my uk revolut card was used to verify payment method…when the first payment comes out it will be in Turkish lira

Yeah slightly diff to when your adding others on to a family subscription...Once you set yours up it will then need the others to be from same country

I just checked, I'm even registered on Youtube GB as you can see in the logo in top left of screenshot

1668456630681.png

I just checked, I'm even registered on Youtube GB as you can see in the logo in top left of screenshot

View attachment 84183
Don't think I ever seen it say anything other than that but that's likely your using it in GB ...anyway the issue ain't the first account it's when your adding as the other guy has found...it needs to match the country...not sure how long u had yours but as these things come out security gets altered and how u managed to do it may not be the same now.

Don't think I ever seen it say anything other than that but that's likely your using it in GB ...anyway the issue ain't the first account it's when your adding as the other guy has found...it needs to match the country...not sure how long u had yours but as these things come out security gets altered and how u managed to do it may not be the same now.
I thought it by be because I am in the UK it shows GB so I tuned vpn on and it made no difference, but then I found in Youtube you can set your location to any country so my screenshot above is totally irrelevant LOL

I think I just turned vpn on and set to India, logged into youtube and then updgraded it to family premium, using trial to start with, and price was in Rupee's. It was in February this year when I upgraded. I then added the wife as a family member. I've not tried adding anyone else since though

Hi Shiv
Your mistake was your suppose to add all your family members first then sign up to Yt via the VPN route.
I'm surprised you managed to add a few members whilst you were on the vpn as I normally got the dreaded 'This member isnt in the same country as you'

Not really sure how you can change this now?

Maybe let the sub expire and retry adding any missing members (without the vpn)?

Quick question….if I set up a new gmail account and then add the family members first, then sign up to the YouTube turkey….Will the family members need a vpn to intially to successfully be added/accepted on there devices?

Quick question….if I set up a new gmail account and then add the family members first, then sign up to the YouTube turkey….Will the family members need a vpn to intially to successfully be added/accepted on there devices?
This is how I set up my account and no the other member won't need a vpn to watch yt

Remember accept all the other members invite first before subbing to yt

Do you guys pay for YouTube turkey using a UK credit card?

Also, do I need to subscribe to youtube uk to create the family first?

Last edited:

Yeah turkey mate ...I would add all ya family accounts first on yours...then use yours to subscribe

I use a UK card, sterling bank card, and paid using turkey VPN

I think I added my wife as a family member after I signed up to premium but can't remember to be fair lol

One of my YT premium trials is ending today…oddly the subscription fee has not come out yet and the upcoming payment is only -£0.05….anyone know why this is?

Attachments

• 06652EBB-E88A-4DC5-BC66-2E9D14030B21.png
    06652EBB-E88A-4DC5-BC66-2E9D14030B21.png
    303.2 KB · Views: 17
I used the Revolut card to sign up with India. Just had a mooch and I had VPN on Turkey. So, just to see, I tried the topup. It worked and has put another 12 months on for jjst under £14. That was for an individual sub.

Back