zgemma and internet probs

celticfc

TK Veteran
hi , i have zgemma 2s on latest wooshbuild build
my prob is every night about 10 pm my modem keeps dropping out, i contacted plusnet who say my prob. is internal and my modem is out of sync. every time i reboot box and modem it works for couple min. then drops. i do a network scan on box and it cant find ip addy.
always happens after 10pm.
is it possible that either plusnet to have done something so my box wont connect ( go out of sync ) or is it possible that my line provider could interfere with my internet

thanks

Firstly is it hard wired to the modem?
If it is wifi then try changing the wifi channel it is on by at least 3 away from what it was. Might sound stupid but do you have anything that is on a timer that goes on or off at that time? Plusnet is a BT company and it might be worth taking some of the security they have on the router off? Also try a new DNS on the box like googles or other smart dns.

Firstly is it hard wired to the modem?
If it is wifi then try changing the wifi channel it is on by at least 3 away from what it was. Might sound stupid but do you have anything that is on a timer that goes on or off at that time? Plusnet is a BT company and it might be worth taking some of the security they have on the router off? Also try a new DNS on the box like googles or other smart dns.

thanks for reply m8.
is it hard wired to the modem=yes
do you have anything that is on a timer that goes on or off at that time=no, thats what plusnet asked
might be worth taking some of the security they have on the router off= what security features , thanx
Also try a new DNS on the box like googles or other smart dns= where would i find this ?

please excuse my ignorance
thank you

Google DNS

Preferred: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS

Preferred: 208.67.222.222
Alternate: 208.67.220.220

You can buy secure DNS or VPN from many places
Go into network setting on the box and change them in there. If you can do it in the router great but most provider boxes will not let you play to much with them, but as we cannot post external links just search in google for "plusnet modem settings " and choose the one you have?
Some boxes have parental control switched on by mistake plus there may be a smart setting that will in their words help your security?

Google DNS

Preferred: 8.8.8.8
Alternate: 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS

You can buy secure DNS or VPN from many places
Go into network setting on the box and change them in there. If you can do it in the router great but most provider boxes will not let you play to much with them, but as we cannot post external links just search in google for "plusnet modem settings " and choose the one you have?
Some boxes have parental control switched on by mistake plus there may be a smart setting that will in their words help your security?

if I go into network/adapter settings i can see use interface =y
use dhcp=yes if i change to no ,wont let me change current settings ?
dont see OpenDNS i see prim dns and secondary dns but wont let me change them
can chenge in modem 192.....

do i change DNS Server: to GOOGLE
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

where do i find

to change this

ps
changed
in router
where do i find
to change
thank you

sorry found it.
is
better than
i have changed to google

Last edited:
Try to change on the network dns of the zgemma. When it drops does the modem/router lights go out? if not then it is a connection issue somewhere?

I had this problem with plusnet I lost connection every hour without fail I was out of contract they said it was probably the router, so I signed a new contract and got a new router, but still had the same problem. A few days later my fault ticket showed there was a fault on the line.

Try to change on the network dns of the zgemma. When it drops does the modem/router lights go out? if not then it is a connection issue somewhere?

Try to change on the network dns of the zgemma
my prim dns in adapter setting are
primary dns =8.8.8.8
sec.dns=8.8.4.4

ip addy=192.168.1.2 router
netmask=255
gatewayrouter 192 page
network=lan

box wont let me change them
When it drops does the modem/router lights go out? if not then it is a connection issue somewhere?
router lights just flash and blink
. it always seems to happen after 10pm then it drops all night
any other time its ok, so i didnt see it being a connection issue somewhere
thanks

I had this problem with plusnet I lost connection every hour without fail I was out of contract they said it was probably the router, so I signed a new contract and got a new router, but still had the same problem. A few days later my fault ticket showed there was a fault on the line.
they asked me to try different router
so i have tried an old plusnet router and still same
also tried another router and still same
could line provider/server cause this ?
i had argument with provider

To get into network go menu/setup/system/network/device setup/adaptor settings Then change the DNS in there. Make a note of what it shows you in case you want to change back? :)

I have had many rows with BT over DNS outage and they are so full of themselves they do not think they go down but they do often!
I use a smart dns and not so many issues except wife pushing wrong buttons lol

To get into network go menu/setup/system/network/device setup/adaptor settings Then change the DNS in there. Make a note of what it shows you in case you want to change back? :)
wont let me change dns in adapt settings they are greyed out but they say 8888/8844

Personally id say its a fault, so just keep ringing them, they will soon get sick of you, and sort it :)
reflashed with ipab
managed to change all settings u said, but i wont know if its ok or not untill 10pm,
let u know and thanks for your help so far
cheers

Back