Satellite Zgemma H7S tuner A dead?

OK openPLi v.7 image latest
TUNER A config with 4 LNBs and 4 Ports A-D = Results Tune Failed nothing..!!!!
TUNER B is Disabed
TUNER C is Disabled

Attachments

• 20200502_153552.jpg
    20200502_153552.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200502_153606.jpg
    20200502_153606.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200502_154855.jpg
    20200502_154855.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
also openPLi v.7 image
TUNER A is Disabled
TUNER B is configured with 4 LNBs and 4 ports A-D = Results Tune Failed nothing.!!!
TUNER C is Disabled

Attachments

• 20200502_154944.jpg
    20200502_154944.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200502_154959.jpg
    20200502_154959.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200502_155026.jpg
    20200502_155026.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So as you can see I am running in circles and flogging a dead Horse here.
Will repack for the four time and send back on Monday or Tuesday depending if and when our Village Post Office opens again.
Have really tried ALL options I can think of and with the help of "cactikid" we cannot solve this, by the way IPTV works perfectly.!!!
Maybe somone else has a Zgemma H7S and Four different Sats on one Cable leading to Box and can tell/show me his Tuner Config which works.!!
would really apprec.
Thanks Guys

Pity you cant find 1 place that has a working 28.2 feed not sky Q,Hopefully others could add something we might have missed Cheers.

Pity you cant find 1 place that has a working 28.2 feed not sky Q,Hopefully others could add something we might have missed Cheers.

Thanks for your imput and help, Dont use Sky dont need it at ALL.
Never ever had any problems setting up other Receivers.
Going back as far as D-Box1, D-Box2, SpiderBox HD9000, Octagon and Manhattan ST500 and those were buggers to SetUp.
Even just recently for a Friend an OpenBox V8S..NO problem.
So I do NOT understand whats going ON here..unless it really is a DEFECT Box.
Anyway thanks see what Dealer says NOW.
Thanks Stay Safe
AJP

Hi Guys, NEW day NEW thoughts, this problem leaves me no peace of mind.
I have a fair bit of savvy about Sat Receivers, I do not like to give up this easy.!!!

So I have been looking around and have seen a FEW different Tuners in H7S Boxes.
This is very confusing for me as the ones I have seen DO NOT resemble the one that I have.!!

As I understand this H7S Receiver has had several Hardware updates and maybe I am getting an OLD (one of First Versions)
and NOT the Newest, this is the ONLY explanation I can think of.

Maybe you Guys who have a H7S would be so kind and have a look at yours and check it with mine.
Somehow I am NOT convince that I have the right Box, there is something wrong here.
Are there really different Hardware versions of the same H7S Box out there.!!!

Here some Pics I saved of the different Tuners I have seen and ALL are on H7S Boxes.
So what is the difference.???
First Pic.1 is my BOX.!! The others are from H7S Box Tuners I have seen by Dealers/Shops and in Videos.
The 5th Pic is one of an American US version Box... NOT sure about that one.!!

Thanks for Help and Support
AJP

Attachments

• Pic.1 My H7S Tuner.jpg
    Pic.1 My H7S Tuner.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    238 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    228.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    292.8 KB · Views: 21
  • US Version.png
    US Version.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    213.6 KB · Views: 19
Yes same as mine H7s 4 k
All look the same and USA uses a lower voltage power supply
Looked again at USA version and that is twin cable + 1 sat = H7C model

Could be other versions with suppliers as the main one is Air Digital and unsure if clones are still made in other factories?

Last edited:
Hi Buddy, thanks for checking
So yours is exactly the same as mine in the first ""Pic.1 My H7S Tuner"".?
When did you buy your Box? How old is it?
I got mine from our Sponsor.!!
So your saying Clones are out there ?

Lets wait and see if others reply to this different Tuner Versions in H7S problem .!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Won my box in late november 2019 and still not setup yet lol.
You would need to see the front of box and back as google lies in the search with variables
H7T
H7S
H7C
Older box very early had their own factories in China doing their own versions
EG Vu brand expensive box made in Korea and 2 Chinese clone boxes had to use a different image or get bricked
Sponsor possibly gets his boxes from Air Digital which is now supported by Openvix.

You have the H7s which is 2 sat tuners and 1 cable/terrestrial tuner 4K.

As i said Unsure if the different factories use the same spec ?

You have the H7s which is 2 sat tuners and 1 cable/terrestrial tuner 4K. [/QUOTE said:
But I have One Tuner Top Connector "LNB IN"
Bottom one is "RF IN" and third one on Right is "RF IN" for Cable/Terr TV
most of the other Boxes have Top "LNB IN" bottom "LNB IN" and Third on right "RF IN" Cable/Terr TV
This is ALL wrong....driving me NUTS

Last edited:
Ok sorry i need stronger GLASSES,maybe someone has changed a cable tuner as marked on box R/F In to a Sat tuner with threads.

Think i will have to get a zimmer frame also

Yes something not correct as this is the twin sat with 1 cable tuners.

Yours should be like that on video showing lnb in on both.

Post a photo of front of box also.

@ cactikid, BINGO my friend you have finally seen what I have been seeing for Days.
That is exactly what I have been talking about MY Tuner as in the "Pic.1 My H7S Tuner" is TOTALLY different.
I wrote that to the Dealer BUT they only replied, that.... " I can rest assured they ONLY sell Original NEW Boxes
and ONLY Open and Power Up to check that they "Boot Up" nothing else.!!!
So I will STOP trying to Scan on this BOX as I will NEVER get Sats Scanned.
I cannot Try Cable/Terr TV as I don't..... HAVE them.!!
So its going back to Dealer for sure.
Thanks Buddy for Help and Support.
AJP

Last edited:
Sorry for the SH1T happening as missed it on the first post as hard to see.Deffo not new and send them a photo on the tuners to show its wrong.Its not a plug and play tuner but needs soldering in on motherboard.
Most places say you pay for the return of unit p+ p but as its NOT AS DESCRIBED ??

Yes Buddy, I will write them when I have been to Post Office sent it off and give them the Tracking number.
Will also send again Pics of the MY Tuner as IS and Tuner as it SHOULD be.
Good Tip with the False Description and Goods NOT as Described.
They want me to Pay for Return P&P, cos that's what it says in the Terms and Condition.
I will do that and ask for a Refund.
Hope I can trust this Dealer to send me an Original Replacement.

YES..exactly Willo, you have spotted it straight off, took cactikid a couple of Days before he got it as well. But he has seen it now.!

ONLY difference on My TUNER is that the Bottom Connector has a RF-Connector SCREW ON marked as RF IN.!!
Instead of having a Coaxial Female SLIP on Connector.!!
RF-Connectors Screw ON are, I think used mainly in Mainland Europe.
Everything else Packaging etc..Points to it being a H7S Box which I ordered and NOT a H7C..!
ALL very confusing, but we have sorted it now.

But HOW is something like this possible from our Sponsor and ON a New Original H7S.?
Anyway its going back Mon or Tues and I'm hoping that I get an Original NEW Box back.

I wrote to the Dealer saying that there were things on the BOX already which should NOT have been.!!!!
1.Configured Sat Positions, 2.Scanned Sats, 3.CCcam Installed, 4,Configured Polariser. 5.openATV v.6.0 image,
and 6.Enabled Tuner C, etc. etc
Telling them that I was suspicious that this was a previously USED Box. Flashed back.

Anyway lets see what develops, Thank you kindly for helping me Sort this Out you Guys.
Will keep you update with the outcome.
Stay Safe
AJP

Last edited:
I will see what they DO first, then that will depend how and what my next move will be.!
If they resolve this issue fairly then I will leave it, BUT if they become funny then I can
use the Thread as leverage.!!

Back