Satellite Zgemma H7S tuner A dead?

So I have sent the Box back to Dealer and showed him the Three Pics attached below.
They replied that,
The Pic.1 My TUNER is the Latest Model H7S.
The Pic.2 Is an OLD Model H7S
and The Pic.3 ARE also BOTH OLD Models of the H7S and H7C.
So what is happening have the Chinese now gone "Totally Bonkers".?
This makes NO sense to me.!!
I ordered a Sat H7S and apparently GOT a Sat H7S Box with Cable Tuners, BUT the Dealer says NO its the LATEST/NEW H7S Model.!!
Has anybody got a NEW version H7S and can you Please take a Pic of the Rear side showing clearly the Tuners.!
Waiting for Dealer to reply WHEN the NEW H7S Model was introduced., will post answer ....ASAP
Thanks Guys.
AJP

Attachments

• Pic.1 My H7S Tuner.jpg
    Pic.1 My H7S Tuner.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Pic.2 H7S_As it should be..png
    Pic.2 H7S_As it should be..png
    228.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Pic.3_Zgemma H7 BOTH_Tuners H7S Top and H7C Bottom.png
    Pic.3_Zgemma H7 BOTH_Tuners H7S Top and H7C Bottom.png
    872.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
It looks like the casing has been used from the zgemma h7c as in the pic it says RF in but it should say LNB in, it shouldn't make much of a difference aslong as the tuners are recognised.

Last edited:
It looks like the casing has been used from the zgemma h7c as in the pic it says RF in but it should say LNB in, it shouldn't make much of as long as the tuners are recognised.

BUT unfortunately the Tuners are NOT recognised, I have spent ALL week-end, with ALL possible configurations and nothing is working.!
The Tuners A or B are NOT SCANNING or FINDING any of my Sats or any Channels.
1.) 28.2E - 2.) 19E - 3.) 13E - 4.) 0,8W
Even If I choose a Default Sat List Setting (19E and 13E) during Wizard SetUp, it STILL does NOT open the Channels.
Either I am missing something here in the Tuner Config or that BOX was defect.!
I cannot connect to Third Connector on right Cable C RF IN cos i dont have Cable/Terr. at ALL.

BUT if one reads and looks at the way I have Configured the Tuners A Connected and B Disabled or Tuner B Connected A Disabled.
it still gets NO signal...or Scans or FINDS anything.

Should I insist on a replacement Box from Dealer and try again with another H7S Box OR ask for Refund.?
I am running out of options.
Have Four Days before the Receiver arrives back at Dealers.
Thanks for any new suggestions Guys.
AJP

Last edited:
Technically it's not 'as described' if LNB 2 is labelled as RF in :unsure:
Air Digital did this before with the H2S. They changed the tuners and stuck a label on saying H2H.

Willo..So should I request the Other Model with the Tuners showing 2 LNB IN and 1 RF IN.?
If they don't have it ask for a FULL Refund.?
Are there any significant differences in Hardware or Software concerning the UHD Reception or anythng else.?
Does the Blindscan also work on the older Models.?
Thanks for Helping
AJP

Post 53 shows my newest box from november 2019 as that is 2 x dvb/s tuners sat f connected tuners and 1 push in r/f for cable tuner.

He also stated there was other stuff on the box which clearly does not come on a new out of the factory.
Wonder did outer packing on box confirm what is on the lower sticker underneath.

I would say that Air Digital are winding down production of the H7 range and are using the same chassis for both models now.
As far as I know there are only 2 models in the UK which are the H7S and the H7C.
The H7S has 2 sat tuners on A&B and a cable/terrestrial tuner on C.

The H7C has 2 cable/terrestrial tuners on B&C and a sat tuner on A.

He also posted this.

Have already prepare the Dealer for a Return because i noticed that the Box may have been used before.
Proof: 1.Cable and Terr Tuner was already SetUp, 2. CCcam was installed, 3.Sats already SetUp 9E, 23E, etc etc...and finally Poloriser was enabled.!!
These are things that should NOT be on a NEW Box.

So i wonder been a faulty box got mixed up with a new model.

Post 53 shows my newest box from november 2019 as that is 2 x dvb/s tuners sat f connected tuners and 1 push in r/f for cable tuner.

He also stated there was other stuff on the box which clearly does not come on a new out of the factory.
Wonder did outer packing on box confirm what is on the lower sticker underneath.

Sorry cannot verify Serial number from Package and Receiver now, Box has been sent back.

Yes....Correct there was already other stuff on the Box Dutch Settings List as well, really angry now with myself for not taking a few snapshots
of those things...BUT who would have known or expected this disaster.!

Last edited:
I would say that Air Digital are winding down production of the H7 range and are using the same chassis for both models now.
As far as I know there are only 2 models in the UK which are the H7S and the H7C.
The H7S has 2 sat tuners on A&B and a cable/terrestrial tuner on C.

The H7C has 2 cable/terrestrial tuners on B&C and a sat tuner on A.

Willo..that is very interesting Information, Thanks
So according to cactikid if his Box was Nov 2019 then the Boxes must have been updated around end of 2019..
That's OK, I can Live with that Model....If ALL specs are the same Hardware, etc, etc, etc

I will ask the Dealer if they can provide me the H7S with "Tuner 2xLNB IN and 1xRF IN" then I will accept this, the Box is NOT different..Correct.?
If NOT then a Full Refund is in Order I think.?
Waiting for a reply from Dealer.

I have now seen a Video with the ZGemma H2S and H2H Boxes where they stuck on a Sticker over the Display.
The Buyer bought a H2H and received the H2S .!!
He looked in the Image Info Section and could clearly see that the Image identified the Box as being H2S
and NOT H2H as he Ordered and had Delivered.!!
He then returned the Box and got his Money back.!!

Thanks Guys....will keep you updated....what a FIASCO.

PS.Was a present for my Daughter, Saturday 2 May she was 10....she was very disappointed and is also waiting now for her own Box in her room.!!

Last edited:
Hi Guys, here is a lttle extract of the conversation with the Dealer

"" As I have explained to you the item is essentially the exact same item
as in the pictures but with a spelling error so in thay case the item
will not be as described and it has not changed in anyway like you
seem. To suggest

If the item was sold with 2x cable tuners and 1x Sat then yes it would
be as not described but a spelling error is not much of a concern for
anyone except you as we have sold many of these recently and no one
else has thought to even. Mention the matter never mind make such a
big deal of it ""

This is the way the correspondence is going.
Will keep you updated.
Thanks
AJP

Last edited:
Now it has come to this..

""My friend I think you have a problem understanding

The tuner says rf in but it ACTUALLY LNB IN

THE TUNER IS CORRECT THE WRITING IS WRONG

LOOK AT YOUR PICTURES YOU WILL SEE BOTH TUNERS LNB IN AND RF IN ON THE
SAME SIDE ARE THE SAME AND RF IN ON THE OTHER SIDE LOOKS DIFFERENT

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHAT WE ARE SAYING AS I CANNOT MAKE IT ANY
EASIER TO UNDERSTAND ""

I have now terminated the Mail conversations until he gets my Box back then he will decide
what he wants to do.

Will keep you updated
Thanks
AJP

Hi Guys, a couple more Q's today, I have been doing a lot of reading but still NOT completely into this problem.!
Do i NEED to install this plugin "AutoBouquetsMaker" to Scan the Box.?

Remember I have one Dish Cable from a Diseqc Switch (in Attic) with 4xSats (4xPorts) connected.
So I use the Tuner A ONLY (both others Tuner B +C&Terr2 are disabled)
Tuner Config
Configuration Mode - Simple
Mode: Diseqc A/B/C/D
Port A - 28.2E
Port B - 19E
Port C - 13E
Port D - 0,8W
Set Voltage and 22Khz - Yes
Send Diseqc only on Sat change - No
Ton Amplitude - 800mv
SCPC optimised search range - no
Force Legacy Signal state Signal - No

I Have received a Refund from Seller who says Box is OK,
They deducted 10% Admin Handling Fee/ 4% Paypal Fee/ £4.10 Postage so only got back £91,65 from £109,99
I am NOT going to even reply to this, its NOT worth the time, they have lost my and the Custom of my Pals forever.

He set up this "AutoBouquetMaker" on a Simple/Single Tuner Configuration to Scan only 28.E.!
completely Disabling Tuner B and Tuner C+Terr2 and it worked for him.
Here is a Video he sent me.? Now I am totally Baffled.! Any ideas?

Cheers
AJP

Attachments

• ZGemma H7S Test.rar
    61.9 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi Guys,
been reading a little more on this subject and have found posts on Forums regarding the power Supply
from motherboard to Tuner on many Zgemma Receivers in General, being too weak, is this confirmed or just a rumour.?

Will get back to this Thread when my new H7S has arrived and I Set it up again.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
been reading a little more on this subject and have found posts on Forums regarding the power Supply
from motherboard to Tuner on many Zgemma Receivers in General, being too weak, is this confirmed or just a rumour.?

Will get back to this Thread when my new H7S has arrived and I Set it up again.
Cheers

Not had or heard of any issues with the PSU on the H7. The H2S/H range tend to go down after a few years.
I think it may be something to do with usb powered hdd's but haven't got definitive proof.

I have always stated dont use usb powered ones but externally powered only for years.
I had 2 not got to work.
One of the previous posts said try to scan on 28.2 fixed dish for checking tuner.

@ willo and @cactikid
Hi guys thanks for your continuing support.

OK concerning the Power problem I have been told that it was regarding a driver problem, for Motorised Dishes with non "low power" LNB's
So does NOT refer to or concern me and my problem that's resolved.!

Have you seen the File with the Video I uploaded above, from Seller?
The Selller deleted my Tuner Config and just Scanned 1 Sat - 28E
but what he did does NOT solve my 4 Sats problem, does that mean I can only watch 28E with the ZGemma H7S?

A bit stupid and NOT the way I wanted this to Pan out..
OK when the second Box arrives I will try again if it works Good if NOT will keep as Door Stop.
But I just don't like to give UP.
Cheers
AJP

I tried to view on laptop and did not work.That box is well supported so cant see it as a doorstop.

Maybe this box has to use a different setup than your previous one did.

So for the moment until box arrives we just want to know if drivers are an issue on the images.

Got to view the test file as all he did was test on a fixed feed from 28.2 on both tuners that worked,but not on a diseqc is where an issue might be?

Last edited:
@ cactikid,
I DON'T have or use a Motor for the ZGemma Set-up...Buddy

Yes, he did the Scan for ONLY 28E on a Fixed Dish probably SLY and has NOT checked the Diseqc functions, BUT insists
ALL is OK and there are NO problems.

Mine is a FIXED Dish with 4x LNB's and a 4x Diseqc Switch.
ONE Cable direct to my Dm800seV2 which works, this Cable I disconnect and attach to Zgemma H7S which does NOT work.!

Forget the Motor LNB Low Power Driver issue, it does NOT concern us here.!
It has nothing to do with the Fixed Dish/Diseqc Tuner issue, as I was lead to believe. Just forget this.

I can't believe that nobody has a Fixed Dish Diseqc Set-Up, for more than one Sat with Zgemma H7S here.

Maybe they have still NOT read the Thread.
Cheers
AJP

Last edited:
Back