Zgemma help for a newbie

JackPiper

Hello all,

I was wondering if somebody could help. Basically, I bought a fully loaded Zgemma H9S box, and I can't seem to get any channels to play video/audio. They appear, and the EPG works, but the channels itself don't actually play.

I live in a block of flats which have communal internet - and as such you either have to login at a splash page on a web browser or register the Mac address on their website. I can't seem to find/download from the plugin page to get the Opera browser that I am led to believe is on the zgemma boxes and the Mac Address keeps saying it's invalid whenever I try to register it

I tried to connect via WiFi initially, and wondered if I bought an ethernet this would allow me to bypass the stage, but no hope thus far!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Has your sub run out?
Is it IPTV?
If it's cable there are no longer channels available
Hi mate,

Sub not run out no - it is IPTV, and had the person who I bought it off supply me with multiple lines to try and fix. But still getting nothing through

Hi mate,

Sub not run out no - it is IPTV, and had the person who I bought it off supply me with multiple lines to try and fix. But still getting nothing through
Update on this: have managed to get these channels working now on my WiFi hotspot on my phone - couldn't initially as it had it at 5Ghz, but now at 2.4Ghz and working fine.

I think I need to bypass the firewall for my flats communal WiFi, so does anybody know of a web browser plugin on the box and if so how to install?

Thank you

Update on this: have managed to get these channels working now on my WiFi hotspot on my phone - couldn't initially as it had it at 5Ghz, but now at 2.4Ghz and working fine.

I think I need to bypass the firewall for my flats communal WiFi, so does anybody know of a web browser plugin on the box and if so how to install?

Thank you
Set your box dns to those of Google
8888 and 8844

Set your box dns to those of Google
8888 and 8844
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately this didn't work. I think in order for it to work I have to find a way of logging in on the device, is there still a browser available in the plugins or has this been removed?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately this didn't work. I think in order for it to work I have to find a way of logging in on the device, is there still a browser available in the plugins or has this been removed?
A Further update to this:

Managed to install plugin "OpenOpera HBBTV" (version 1.0) via the FTP, but I am struggling to get it working, I can open the program as normal and type a web address in, but when I press enter it just freezes. Anyone know why? Or is it just not optimised for these boxes?

Cheers!

you may of been better off with a android box. creating a wifi hotspot may not not be enough when football starts again and when PPV events are on.

you may of been better off with a android box. creating a wifi hotspot may not not be enough when football starts again and when PPV events are on.
Yeah, in hindsight probably so, but gone down the route of a Zgemma box now and paid for it. Do you know if there's any native web browsers available so that I can get onto the login page and get my wired connection working?

Yeah, in hindsight probably so, but gone down the route of a Zgemma box now and paid for it. Do you know if there's any native web browsers available so that I can get onto the login page and get my wired connection working?
Just done a quick bit of reasearch as it has been a while since using enigma 2. The browser is the opera browser however, it is not perfect.

Why not just get a sim and router that takes a sim card from a network provider like three Vodafone ect for broadband

Why not just get a sim and router that takes a sim card from a network provider like three Vodafone ect for broadband
In my experince they are not very good even on a 4g network i suspect iptv may struggle at times.

Back