Internet speeds

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
If your downloading and do a speed test should it be extremely low.
Im supposed to be getting 20 - maybe even 30 according to the VM site for what im paying per month.
But my speed seems really slow today. Ok so i am downloading stuff but shoud it make that much difference
hers my speed test result!
taking the proverbial P
thought id do another one just to check

To get an accurate result you will have to make sure that no other internet activity is taking place. Whilst your downloading, the statistics on your speed test will be affected because the bandwidth being used for the downloads wont be included.

this my speed 50 meg for the same price as 20
1284418642.png

cheers Dan, so i need to wait til my downloads are complete then try again and if its still way below 20 ill give them a mouthful lol!

Added after 2 minutes:

this my speed 50 meg for the same price as 20http://www.speedtest.net/result/1284418642.png

jeeeeeeeees so its you thats taking my speed lol! well ill ave to wait and do another test 2mora coz i got around 10 hrs to wait for my stuff to finish lol!
according to the VM site for what im paying i should be getting 30 but my bill still says 20 so ill ring them anyways but maybe wait til monday

Last edited:
1284588756.png

You know what's funny... I know I'm on a T-1 connection and the speeds are slow.... something is "restricting" my speed I would think. ;)

This is what I get when I check mine, on cable network.

Added after 5 minutes:

What I am wondering, is why your ping is so high.

Last edited:
How big are the file(s) that you are downloading?

What speed(s) are you experiencing with the download(s)?
only files less than about 2-3gb some a lot less than that!
just did it again and got this
did it again on chrome and got

Last edited:

this is what I'm getting, I'm only paying for 8mb, so its not to far of .

ill check back 2mora with hopefully better speeds! could be time of day i suppose as well as what i was doing :)

i guess mine is low because i have one pc and laptop connected to the network when in use,

im happy with none the less.

1285532730.png

this is mine, I pay for a 3 meg, but they have upgraded twice now, and they tell me I have 8, so I is happy, sorry for you linny.
has either of your boys got games consoles linked to the net when you are running your tests?, as this will slow you down too, also other computers, and downloads in progress will slow it down.

I dont know why Linny, but this thread made me get on to the phone to Virgin Media after i seen Bobby's post about his 50MB connection.

I've all the VM services known to man. I sent an email earlier during the day saying that i'm not happy with my current 10MB connection [1.2MB download speed/ 60kbps upload]. The agent told me that i can go for an upgrade from 10MB to 30MB, and by doing so i will have to receive one of there new routers. So, the deal is, i will continue to pay what i'm paying now for the first 6 months, and then after that there will be a £5 extra to what im paying now. But he also goes, if i didnt want to continue with the 30MB service then i can go back to my older package, and then ofcourse send the equiptment back. Said to him i'll have a think about it and will call back.. :)

I dont even know what it is i've to think about? lol

Last edited:
Back