Internet speeds

begrudged paying the £30 activation

If you had to ring and get it activated yourself, ring them and tell em to waiver the activation fee, I did both times from 20 to 30 and 30 to 50.

I always get what I pay for with VM, just ran the test again.

Edit, updated speed.

1381449869.png

Last edited:
That's some fine speed HT, hope you have a huge download limit(y)

as a matter of interest, what do you pay for 50mbs in the UK?

mmm might try that. Ive just activated the wireless had to change the usernames etc Im still only getting same speed i was getting earlier so going to ring them now :(

Just rang them and they had activated the hub but not entered or activated the speed. Very nice Gent has now done it and my speeds are just a tad over 30 - so im happy :) need to speak to CS 2mora to complain n try n get me £30 back
1375624275.png

Last edited:
Congrats Linny. :)

If you are downloading from European servers (hosts such as fileserve/rapidshare) then you will find that your SuperHub wull push beyond 3.0MBp/s. The max speed i've had on my connection is 4.1MBp/s. It just does not know when to stop. :)

If you are downloading from European servers (hosts such as fileserve/rapidshare) then you will find that your SuperHub wull push beyond 3.0MBp/s. The max speed i've had on my connection is 4.1MBp/s. It just does not know when to stop.

might have to look at some films 2mora and see how fast filesonic is :)
shame my phone wasnt showing very high speed - it was about 14 :( will have to check the other wi-fi pcs etc see how fast they are

Last edited:
WOW dan your right mate! im doing good so far lol! ive had 4.57 and at one point ( for a split second i got 7.?? ) ive got 5 on the go - 4 with fsonic and 1 with wupload all almost done infact got same item with 2 mirrors and the Fsonic is almost finished ( 3 mins) but the wupload has less than an hr! pretty please so far :)

You don't like gadgets Linny, do you? lol. good to see your speeds increased, now for a good result tomorrow (£30 refund), and who knows, you might even be able to buy me a pint next time i am over lol

Oh I couldn't sleep! So i'm back online again for another half an hour and then going to knock off. :)

Glad your getting some insane speeds Linny :grin: Hopefully you can get that £30 off from them tomorrow. I mean today :)

*right i think i should go back to sleep again, im getting confused lol*

look at all you guys with the upgrades lol

i pay for 20mb and on my speed test i dont even get get above 10mb download speed, not happy with it, i think VM are due a call from me, time to rev the rant engine up, diesel is loaded, just waiting to fire, i think when i get 3 months free internet the a55holes must have capped my speed, need to enquire about this i dont trust the virmins!

look at all you guys with the upgrades lol

i pay for 20mb and on my speed test i dont even get get above 10mb download speed, not happy with it, i think VM are due a call from me, time to rev the rant engine up, diesel is loaded, just waiting to fire, i think when i get 3 months free internet the a55holes must have capped my speed, need to enquire about this i dont trust the virmins!

Could be that they need to resend you a signal.But thats why i changed from 10 to 20 and then after about a yr upgraded to 30. Think its coz with the 30 you get the superhub therefore giving you that extra boost! the 10 & 20 mb are on the older system and quite slow..
My advice when ringing them it to call b4 lunchtime as you get a call centre in the UK - Although J depending on your language skills you may understand the other call centres better than i do. Check out their webpage for existing customers

Linny i confused myself, i am on the 10mb package not the 20mb LOL

when i asked to upgrade to 20mb they said i would have to pay like £30+ for the internet and then on top of that pay for the TV box my bro got installed even though he pays for it, told em straight on the phone you lot are a bunch of vermins, money eating twats, i was not happy.

Oh well once im in a full time job and settled for a while then im just going to go for the 50mb package. For now im ok as it is :)

Still getting what I pay for here, ping varies and is bad this evening (usually around 9 - 15) but still looking good over here :p.

1531527956.png

I've recently downgraded from 25 to 12, just do not need it that fast anymore and to be honest if all anyone is doing is browsing the net, 2 would be plenty!

HTC Desire S-Tapatalk

Linny i confused myself, i am on the 10mb package not the 20mb LOL

when i asked to upgrade to 20mb they said i would have to pay like £30+ for the internet and then on top of that pay for the TV box my bro got installed even though he pays for it, told em straight on the phone you lot are a bunch of vermins, money eating twats, i was not happy.

Oh well once im in a full time job and settled for a while then im just going to go for the 50mb package. For now im ok as it is :)
But you get discounts the more you have. You should get a discount on your tv package if you get faster internet i think. IVe now got tv phone internet and tivo and get a good discount. If your only paying for 10mb then its not much and well speed it poop lol! But depends on what you need. As Dan said with the 30mb if your downloading on certain sites its very fast

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

ping varies and is bad this evening (usually around 9 - 15)

still dont really understand what the "ping" means and sounds like it should be low
done at 08.18am today

The PING time is the time it takes for a client to send a message to the host. So i.e. in this case your PC sends a request to SpeedTest that you want to establish a connection and carry out the test, this process was done in 20milliseconds.

ah well im happy with what i got at the moment, cut down on the downloading and all sorts, just use it for browsing mainly now

Back