Kryptview_A780_15012015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't need to all rush as yet it does nothing to fix the ongoing issue and by the way it's actually dated 16012015 after successful updating. hopefully see it's benefits soon. And be sure to thank cactikid for his speedy uploading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The fact that they have released new firmware must be viewed as good news. Just wanted to be sure that anyone updating tonight and expecting a miracle may be disappointed and start messing with router reboots. Another re flash factory reset etc etc etc is all pointless at this very moment. But hopefully it's all back in good shape soon.

I am having trouble downloading update - gets to between 10-25% done then hangs - is it coz we all trying it?

I need to buy a null modem cable as the box hangs on about 25% on the update, never bought one before and it has to be a male to female cable as the connector on the box and the connector on my laptop are different. Is this ok or does it have to be male male. Also can i trust to buy on ebay because they all say null modem cable RS232, not just null modem cable but i am assuming these are the correct leads.

Thanks.

I need to buy a null modem cable as the box hangs on about 25% on the update, never bought one before and it has to be a male to female cable as the connector on the box and the connector on my laptop are different. Is this ok or does it have to be male male. Also can i trust to buy on ebay because they all say null modem cable RS232, not just null modem cable but i am assuming these are the correct leads.

Thanks.

Sounds like that's not a serial port on your laptop am afraid. A serial port is identical as the one on back of your box. It's actually very rare for a laptop to have such a port as they have very little purpose for everyday use. There are USB to serial adaptors however can take a fair bit of messing around to get it working but generally ok once configured. Otherwise stick with then online update and wait it out. However as advised above it actually as yet does not fix the issues so no point rushing to get it right now.

The channels on my A780 box have been scrambled since yesterday, should I wait for it to start working again or download an update?

Thanks, i do have an old pc somewhere that has the same connection as the box, looks like a trip to the attic to find it. As far as the leads on ebay, if it says null modem cable as well as RS232 in the description is it going to be the correct lead.

Appreciate your help.

Null modem cable or rs232 there are loads of names but if you search eBay for null modem you will find hundreds of items all will do the job. Expect £3-£5 incl delivery.

Just want to add a few bugs already been noticed in firmware published here but appears there is a newer version than this already but download server will keep crashing so if you want to watch TV again just now download this and try online upgrade when server is not so busy. But appears to get things back in working order for now [emoji14]

Last edited:
Thanks, i do have an old pc somewhere that has the same connection as the box, looks like a trip to the attic to find it. As far as the leads on ebay, if it says null modem cable as well as RS232 in the description is it going to be the correct lead.

Appreciate your help.
Lincsat nick nacks.. 2 quid and its the only one you need.. Trust me.. I know.. Tested the new bin file on my own box.. Dell/null took some time loading but I have it working ready for my next..."download not requested"..

Available in the downloads called arnet kryptview loader file to update to 16/01/2015 is in there as well. Although one from there download server is actually different by the looks of it.

I used the bin file cactikid kindly linked to on afterdawn and it's worked a treat. Glitch free again after a factory reset and re-scan.

ok good news online updating is working again and much quicker now.
factory reset box then power off at rear/on then do online update and when finished rescan.

way hay fingers crossed i might get to watch a bit of football today. thanks for info people can you just confirm that this is the correct download kryptview a780 1501201215.
noticed someone said there is a different version with the 16th on it. gonna need to set up my old compter and download onto usb so dont want to have to go threw process again if possible. cheers

its cool i got it all working thank you very much everyone. the 15th worked fine not had 1 glitch and managed to update first time without any problems apart from being unable to find my null cable. thanks again guys. anyone un dundee are needing newest update give me a message and i will happily upload for you. peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back