Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

Best boxes for IPTV

The best high box on the market is the new Nvidia Shield which is not only for IPTV you can play games, run your smart home gadgets use google assistant via the remote. It also has a 4k upscaling feature which no other android box has to my knowledge. Another High end box is the Buzz Box 4500 which like the formuler boxes has its own dedicated app. However, has not got the same amount of overall features as a Sheild.
Hi Mike. One question: Have you actually owned and used a Buzz XRS 4500?

Thats the one i have that looks like a telescope. Its great just fits behind the tv. A good way of doing it is buying the older version of the sheild 2017 for about £80 to £90 off ebay and buying the offical control for £30. The only difference is with the older ones no 4k upscaling.

Hi Mike. One question: Have you actually owned and used a Buzz XRS 4500?
No however, i will be trailing one within the next two weeeks for someone. As a supplier friend of mine wants a comparison between the sheild and buzz box for his customers. From some of the reveiws i have been reading a better comparison would be between z8 and buzzbox.

I do like the look of the triangular remote with new shield but not a lover of the tubular shield lol and the game pad is well like a game pad :ROFLMAO: i feel a bit guilty really because i won mine on here for the price of a couple of raffle tickets aswell but eh oh was for a good cause in the end (y)

I do like the look of the triangular remote with new shield but not a lover of the tubular shield lol and the game pad is well like a game pad :ROFLMAO:
The tubular version is strange however, it is only just a bit taller than a pen.

No however, i will be trailing one within the next two weeeks for someone. As a supplier friend of mine wants a comparison between the sheild and buzz box for his customers. From some of the reveiws i have been reading a better comparison would be between z8 and buzzbox.
Ok thanks for your honesty (y)
Yes, they are very similar but little things make a big difference. Imagine a car without central locking - like @bazcfc1 puddle dodger. The BuzzTV XRS4500 has a dedicated backlit remote - once you have used it you can't go back IMO

Yes, they are very similar but little things make a big difference. Imagine a car without central locking - like @bazcfc1 puddle dodger. The BuzzTV XRS4500 has a dedicated backlit remote - once you have used it you can't go back IMO
I've got a little torch I shine on my Firestick remote!

I will go one further if i was asked honstley is the sheild overkill for IPTV ? The answer is yes. The sheild also has a back lit remote. So do you agree a better comparison would be a buzz and z8. That way i will send the buzz upto my brother and he can compare them.

Yeah buzz and z8 just about on par with each other if just solely for iptv etc the shield is streets ahead when comparing pure power and the wifi range is Amazing compared to other boxes

I will go one further if i was asked honstley is the sheild overkill for IPTV ? The answer is yes. The sheild also has a back lit remote. So do you agree a better comparison would be a buzz and z8. That way i will send the buzz upto my brother and he can compare them.
The shield is made by Nvidea and it's design is to play online games so has one of the best graphics cards to optimise GeForce NOW.
It's backlit remote is not a dedicated IPTV remote. An Nvidea shield is a dedicated games box designed for a specific purpose which can be converted to run IPTV.

A Formuler z8 is a very good dedicated IPTV box with a dedicated remote which will not play online games very well. BuzzTV have improved it by X2 the storage capacity X2 the RAM, higher Android version, better build etc.

So top three boxes or specifically Android boxes are:
Shield bugatti
Buzz box Lamborghini
Z8 Ferrari
Hmm which one is over all the best :unsure:
I have a set of Chefs knives all designed with specific purposes. Can you fillet fish with a bread knife YES. :love:

I get your really really into your buzz box but others boxes mentioned do pretty great job with IPTV from what people have experienced.

Shield may not be dedicated IPTV nbox but its more powerful with next level hardware which runs IPTV as good as the buzz box if not better.

So in conclusion whether its dedicated or not if its performs to the level of a dedicated IPTV box then what is the issue dont understand.

Very interesting reading from all,
As coming via the ranks of sat, v5/8 zgemma, mag & comfortable now with the Firestick ... what is the now latest shield device & do we load/ sideload the apps via a playstore, can u still use the emulator & various iptv m3u apps, nice post Mike123
regards ID

The shield is made by Nvidea and it's design is to play online games so has one of the best graphics cards to optimise GeForce NOW.
It's backlit remote is not a dedicated IPTV remote. An Nvidea shield is a dedicated games box designed for a specific purpose which can be converted to run IPTV.

A Formuler z8 is a very good dedicated IPTV box with a dedicated remote which will not play online games very well. BuzzTV have improved it by X2 the storage capacity X2 the RAM, higher Android version, better build etc.
I am not quite sure about that you would not include 4k upscaling or a dedicated netflix button on a device to play games. like i said in a earlier post the sheild is streets ahead of a z8. (it should be backlit for the price)

I can defintley say epg loading times and channel zapping is pretty much instant on the sheild. The same cannot be said about the z8. one of the reasons i sold my z8 was for the bulky remote.

At the end of the day a 4k firestick is a dedicated streaming device and can handle IPTV quite easily. But if you are a bit geeky like me you like something with a few more bells and whistles.

The only true IPTV box is a mag box. Formuler and Buzz boxes are android boxes with a dedicated app although obviously with a higher spec than the lower end box.

A sheild is just a all round android box which will handle just about anything thrown at it.

Last edited:
For me personally a lot of these boxes are just overboard. If something like fire stick can stream iptv, vod etc that does me.

Got 2nd gen bit slow at times but it does job. Know spec wise really old and compared to these modern new boxes it pales into comparison.

I am not quite sure about that you would not include 4k upscaling or a dedicated netflix button on a device to play games. like i said in a earlier post the sheild is streets ahead of a z8. (it should be backlit for the price)

A sheild is just a all round android box which will handle just about anything thrown at it.
Dedicated IPTV boxes have a simple task. To be able to play at best 1080 resolution. No IPTV providers supply 4k feed so why would a dedicated IPTV box need to supply 4k upscaling. :unsure:

that is what upscaling dose it takes 1080 to 4k. the sheild dose this through the processor. If you use apps like tvzion you can get 4k streams. LIke i said you have a high spec android box with a dedicated app. You can talk about a control however, you can pretty much add any control to a android box.

Last edited:
Back