I have it saving to the 500 GB HDD.
Menu>setup>EPG>settings>/media/hdd

just wondering about some other settings on this page:
AUTOMATIC SAVE is set to no
Automatic reload is set to no
should these be set to yes?
Also…….enable Freesat EPG is set to no?

Last edited:
Folks, I stupidly agreed to get the parents one of these boxes when they seen mine and I have now become tech support for them 😩
Anyway couple of questions:
1)they have lost channel 5 and apparently this is an important channel for them 🤷‍♂️ do I have to do a full automatic scan to get this channel back or is there a way of scanning for one channel?
2)when I checked where the epg is saving it says to internal flash but they have a 500gb hdd installed. It won’t give me the option to save to the HDD though? The box recognises the HDD as when I go to a different menu (I think it’s something to do with accessories connected or something like that) the Toshiba 500GB HDD is there. It doesn’t seem to be properly connected as it won’t record either- I get a message saying “no room on disk, disk full?”
any ideas? Do I have to mount the HDD manually? If so how do I do that?

To save messing around just do a manual scan on 28e find Channel 5 in the last scanned option of your bouquets, highlight but dont press ok press the menu button and add it to bouquets. Delete your old one.

HDD should automount on most images you can check this on the blue button mounts on ATV.

Hmm does it list storage on menu if not it might not be seen and try rebooting box and drive.

Was hdd setup on box like iniatilized first and was it a passport or externally powered one.

If one Ch5 is gone there all gone as your channel list is old and they have moved to a new location.

kingofsat 28.2 bookmark on pc to check on red ones as latest to move.

we should tell him about signal finder, as he is now tech support, does not mention image for new box but epg on internal flash is a no no, say image, might be an idea to re do HDD cables and remember you can always flash openix to another slot and its easier than openatv.

ch 5 is here 11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK SID 2108. PLUS THE REST 5ACTION

Just for future this is how you do a single scan. menu setup, tuners & scanning, signal finder, then change predefined to user defined by toggling arrow right, then arrow down and change relevant bits green to scan, then select channel 5hd, now it will be in last scanned, so arrow up when on channel, then menu then select add to bouquet, but it adds channel to end of bouquet so now to move it select channel, then menu select move mode, click and it turns red, use arrows up or down to move it, then ok and then menu disable move mode. its easy after years...

For parents I would put epg on a usb.

Folks, I stupidly agreed to get the parents one of these boxes when they seen mine and I have now become tech support for them 😩
Anyway couple of questions:
1)they have lost channel 5 and apparently this is an important channel for them 🤷‍♂️ do I have to do a full automatic scan to get this channel back or is there a way of scanning for one channel?
2)when I checked where the epg is saving it says to internal flash but they have a 500gb hdd installed. It won’t give me the option to save to the HDD though? The box recognises the HDD as when I go to a different menu (I think it’s something to do with accessories connected or something like that) the Toshiba 500GB HDD is there. It doesn’t seem to be properly connected as it won’t record either- I get a message saying “no room on disk, disk full?”
any ideas? Do I have to mount the HDD manually? If so how do I do that?
If running openatv then press menu \ setup \ system \ storage devices \ Initialisation and select the hard drive
once that is done go back and select Convert ext3 filesystem to ext4
when that is finished go back and select mount manager just to chect it should be mounted as media/hdd

Edit: just noticed you are running VIX I procedure should be simmilar don't have VIX on box so cannot advice exactly were you will find the storage device section.

Last edited:
Back