all VM channels gone off?

Come 1st July will only be five channels left on cable to view. I assume they will just do the turn off all at once if they are able to I guess.

Seen on a few forums people saying time for the sat method for cards to be released for sly c/s. Just seems a scam to me so people would need to be aware of anyone claiming sly c/s is back.

Correct me if im wrong, but havent they been threatening to do this for a while now. Seems to happen every 6 months or so:LOL:

i don't think they've gone as far as sending out letters with a specific cut off date before though

Seems legit though mate as few people have got that letter.

Seems they dont even need to swap the boxes just turn off remaining channels and 5 of the FTA channels will be left.

I have not see any letters before , giving dates of when services are going to change, but who knows for sure, we will find out at the start of next month.

Cut of date is 30th June-1st July so guess after that channels will stop clearing.

Cant see why they wont follow through on it this time.

Those letters I assume only applies to those have the older boxes.
yes, which all local card providers will be using.

Last August time (or was it the August before? I've slept since then) they where trying to get users to upgrade telling them they would lose HD, but then it was a while before we lost SS,

I would like to think this is another ploy to see if they can get users to upgrade their boxes. If very few do I find it dificult to believe they would happily lose all those customers, but it does depend on numbers and how much preasure they are getting from sky and BT etc

i have an older box and recieved no letter or email about the change,but then i only have the basic tv.If I’m correct it’s the really old boxes ones that look like these.

I'm pretty sure they want to swap the really old V+ Boxes the ones that look like these below.

E2039BA7-B84E-4ADE-9F21-01876EF02772.jpeg

I’m pretty sure Virgin still sell the fat TiVo Boxes the ones that look like the ones below. (However I can’t seem to find any packages with them) My Uncle has confirmed he hasn’t got a letter either and he has one of the fatter TiVo boxes. The fatter TiVo boxes don’t need a card although they used to run on Card they now are assigned by Mac Address I think for whatever subscription you’ve taken out with virgin (See Photo Below) @grog68 am I right here it’s the really old V+ boxes not the fatter TiVo boxes?

47BA88A1-74FA-4709-98D6-23A8C5B4C94C.jpeg

Last edited:
If I’m correct it’s the really old boxes ones that look like these. View attachment 51541

I may be wrong though. I’m pretty sure Virgin still sell the fat TiVo Boxes the ones that look like the ones below. (However I can’t seem to find any packages with them) My Uncle has confirmed he hasn’t got a letter either and he has one of the fatter TiVo boxes. The fatter TiVo boxes don’t need a car although they used to run on Card they now assigned by Mac Address I think for whatever package you’ve taken out. (See Below) @grog68 am I right here it’s the really old TiVV+ boxes not the fatter TiVo box?

View attachment 51542
your bottom pic is same as mine,mine has a card in the back.

Tivo boxes are not affected, its the old v+ boxes that are affected as far as I am aware. My provider has a tivo box and that is not being cancelled, just the other older boxes he uses for card sharing

dont have box connected,but when i did a while ago and rang them about an update they told me to remove card clean it and replace. but all could of switched over since then.

Back