Amazon 4k Fire Stick Ethernet Adaptor

I need an ethernet adapter for a direct network connection as the WiFi is a little flakey.

Anyone advise the best one to get?

I've seen cheap one's on eBay for £6 but not sure how good these are?

I've also seen the original Amazon one for £15 and a Ugreen one for the same sort of price.

I saw somewhere people mentioning you can get a cheap one for few quid which does trick.

What do you guys suggest/recommend?

BEVA Chromecast and TV Stick Ethernet Adapter Micro USB to RJ45 LAN Network Adapter with USB 2.0 power cable for power supply​

This gets asked all the time
Answers you will get like any of these threads

cheap you buy twice
Amazons are two expensive
I would only buy official
I have bought cheap eBay ones and never had a problem

It’s really up to yourself
Take the risk on the cheap or just buy the amazon

Why would you mess about to save 2 quid ,Use common sense for goodness sake. Main guy on the bay sells hundreds of them and you get a full 6 months warranty and no quibble returns and i must have bought a hundred this year with no problems at all. Look for the big seller is all i say

Why would you mess about to save 2 quid ,Use common sense for goodness sake. Main guy on the bay sells hundreds of them and you get a full 6 months warranty and no quibble returns and i must have bought a hundred this year with no problems at all. Look for the big seller is all i say
Where not all as cheap as you (LMFAO) saying that tho 2 quid can't get a loaf and 4 pint ilk now days lop

wait till xmas or a special offer comes on really? its 13quid for Christ sake , just get an amazon one I have 1 and its perfectly fine, buy cheap buy twice but that's upto you

I need an ethernet adapter for a direct network connection as the WiFi is a little flakey.

Anyone advise the best one to get?

I've seen cheap one's on eBay for £6 but not sure how good these are?

I've also seen the original Amazon one for £15 and a Ugreen one for the same sort of price.

I saw somewhere people mentioning you can get a cheap one for few quid which does trick.

What do you guys suggest/recommend?
A lot of people are under the illusion that these ethernet adaptors will be a device sent from heaven guaranteed to stop buffering, nothing could be further from the truth.
Anything over the Internet is prone to buffering and a lot of the time (especially with firetv devices) the buffering is due to the device being overloaded with apps and their libraries which tend to eat up the pitiful space on the Firestick, hence slowing it down and causing buffering/lag.
That being said if you're going to ponder over a few quid by all means splash out, dig deep and pay an extra couple of quid for a decent one.

Last edited:
A lot of people are under the illusion that these ethernet adaptors will be a device sent from heaven guaranteed to stop buffering, nothing could be further from the truth.
Anything over the Internet is prone to buffering and a lot of the time (especially with firetv devices) the buffering is due to the device being overloaded with apps and their libraries which tend to eat up the pitiful space on the Firestick, hence slowing it down and causing buffering/lag.
That being said if you're going to ponder over a few quid by all means splash out, dig deep and pay an extra couple of quid for a decent one.
there is a good app, you can install on the firestick too help with the slowness, its called "backround apps & process list" shows all the apps that are running in the backround and lets you close them down , I done this and my FS is super fast again "wont prevent streaming from buffering tho" lol

Nice little earner for amazon. Provide a device fully capable and proven to operate perfectly well over WiFi, then invent something for people to buy who are convinced that it'll solve their iptv buffering problem if they have a wired connection.

Simple test - if your firestick streams YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc over WiFi without buffering, the the ethernet adapter isn't needed.

Get why people want the ethernet adapter as wired connection is always gona be faster and stable than wifi connection.

But if wifi runs well and you dont have major issues then dont see need for this but those who have issues with wifi signal, speeds etc could help them obviously having this ethernet adapter,

Ethernet adapter £13. TP link homeplugs £25 for people who's tv isn't near router.

A very expensive solution for something that only has an outside chance of solving current buffering issues.

Nice little earner for amazon. Provide a device fully capable and proven to operate perfectly well over WiFi, then invent something for people to buy who are convinced that it'll solve their iptv buffering problem if they have a wired connection.

Simple test - if your firestick streams YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc over WiFi without buffering, the the ethernet adapter isn't needed.
Yeah I totally agree, best to debloat as much amazon gunk as you can from these devices. Amazon will try it's best to have you buy needless bits and pieces from them. A perfect example is these new Firestick lites. All they had to do was push an android 9 update through to the 4k stick and they would have a perfect device.
These sticks mostly work perfectly over a WiFi connection if the device isn't full of adware and apps clogging up the /sdcard

there is a good app, you can install on the firestick too help with the slowness, its called "backround apps & process list" shows all the apps that are running in the backround and lets you close them down , I done this and my FS is super fast again "wont prevent streaming from buffering tho" lol
Yeah it certainly helps. Force close alot of crap that runs in the background

Ethernet adapter £13. TP link homeplugs £25 for people who's tv isn't near router.

A very expensive solution for something that only has an outside chance of solving current buffering issues.
Sometimes i wonder with having to use a VPN now are people actually getting fast enough speeds to run IPTV.

Sometimes i wonder with having to use a VPN now are people actually getting fast enough speeds to run IPTV.
I think it's important to install a speed test app alongside a vpn (if it doesn't have one built into the vpn app) to know exactly what speed you're getting.

I've started using Surfshark - I get higher speed with vpn turned on than without. Before that I used digibit for years with minimal loss of speed, so I think it's also about finding the right vpn for you. But I don't see that anyone with reasonable internet speed should find a vpn drops there speed to insufficient speeds to stream.

Back