Anyone yet indirectly affected by the Corona outbreak?

I work in the care sector. So have to go to work when on shift. I do not work for the NHS which are the front line. But i get worried every time i have to travel to work which is over a a 130 mile round trip to go to work with a great staff team time which have the same worries as me. People need to understand that stay at home means stay at home unless you need to leave for work(or essential . I return from work and then stay in my house or garden just so i do not put people at risk at home or when i go back to work.

a lot of youngsters should read this.View attachment 49211

Should send it to the older generation, it’s them who the problem is with me.

The dog walkers, people making tea for each in front garden yesterday! Seen some meeting on walks.

My sons girlfriend tested positive yesterday, she is a nurse, so, as she was here in our house a few times last week, we are now in isolation for a few weeks, my son is staying in his room, he also feels like he has a bit of a cold, me and the mrs dont have any symptons at all but heres where it gets confusing, my wife works for the Ambulance service so she rang in to explain the situation to them, they then rang her back yesterday afternoon to book a test for our son on monday morning and we will find out the result on either Wednesday or Thursday, If his test is negative, then my mrs has been told that she can go back to work right away and if positive then she has to stay off until Easter Saturday, the only reason he is getting the test done is so she can go back to work if its negative, she is really hoping it is as she wants to get back to work and hates the idea of being off for 2 weeks when she feels she can be out helping as she feels ok at the minute, but I was under the impression that once we had been around someone who has tested positive, then you must isolate for 14 days no matter what, but this is clearly not the case.

All the best mate and yes it should be 14 days if in the same household.

Yeah , well he is the only one of ours still living at home, although he usually stays in his girlfriends house a few days a week as she is the same as him, the only one in her family still living with her parents, she just has the mild symptoms and she got her test pretty quickly after feeling unwell, probaly with her being a nurse, need the mrs to get back to work soon as possible, she is doing my head in already after 2 days, constant cleaning of the house a few times a day, giving me all my do's and dont's, but on the plus side getting some nice home cooked meals, usually when shes at work at supper time, I just make myself a chicken salad , so thankful for that at least, heh. heh.

My sons girlfriend tested positive yesterday, she is a nurse, so, as she was here in our house a few times last week, we are now in isolation for a few weeks, my son is staying in his room, he also feels like he has a bit of a cold, me and the mrs dont have any symptons at all but heres where it gets confusing, my wife works for the Ambulance service so she rang in to explain the situation to them, they then rang her back yesterday afternoon to book a test for our son on monday morning and we will find out the result on either Wednesday or Thursday, If his test is negative, then my mrs has been told that she can go back to work right away and if positive then she has to stay off until Easter Saturday, the only reason he is getting the test done is so she can go back to work if its negative, she is really hoping it is as she wants to get back to work and hates the idea of being off for 2 weeks when she feels she can be out helping as she feels ok at the minute, but I was under the impression that once we had been around someone who has tested positive, then you must isolate for 14 days no matter what, but this is clearly not the case.
Inspirational post to the rest of us who are not involved in the thick of it. Great family values and can do attitude mate.:love:

My sons test was positive, so he has been self isolating in his room since last Saturday, mild symtoms, the same as his girlfriend, she comes out of isolation on Friday and she is back to work in the hospital on Saturday, he comes out on Saturday, 1 weeks isolation for anyone that tests positive , 2 weeks for any other family members living in the same household, so Easter Saturday for us and the mrs is back to work on Easter Sunday, she says she cant wait to get back, same as him, he says he is going for a run, then arranging to get back on the rota for work.

a pub a few miles away has been shut down because they had a lock in on Saturday. (y)
Was it the blue bell by anychance :unsure: my daughter just been showing me footage on skype of all the police that attended and took all the stock away and now shes been sacked and removed from the living quarters there

Was it the blue bell by anychance :unsure: my daughter just been showing me footage on skype of all the police that attended and took all the stock away and now shes been sacked and removed from the living quarters there
Ouch, did she work there? I read they cleared all the stock.

Ouch, did she work there? I read they cleared all the stock.
Yes mate as far as im aware the landlord didnt know she was doing it but she lived in the flat above with her boyfriend etc and when he found out he sacked her and told her to move out immediatly.

All the stock from behind the bar and cellar was removed and the keys for the pub were seized

Back